I strain with the bag from my MB2.Yes, what he asked. I hadn’t thought of this for straining.
Oh Shed..... an unexpected gem.
It is a bit of a pain. Clean it right away with hot water.I find that bag difficult to clean. How do you do that Dave?
Here's the deal. I put the decarbed flower in the bag. I don't grind my bud or my teeth. Bags are 250 micron which = 60 mesh, mas o menos. The advantage for me, InTheShed, I let the bag drip dry without any manipulation or squeezing which heretofore was causing my sphincter to clench. AKA a pain in the butt. I get a kick ass golden tinc and ingest every morsel of the stripped and bagged bud. As far as cleaning the bags,( I insert full bag into 2nd bag for material containment) no cleaning required. Empty and reuse, until, like the 4th wife, they've been skewered too many times. Is that inappropriate?So you're using pressing bags for your QWET? What mesh size? It's an interesting approach vs coffee filters and the like. What advantages have you found?
Wow, I like your thinking. I myself do not need RSO but a lot of people I know that have used it to cure all sorts of things. One women told me her dentist said you have no plaque build up and she contributed it to the rubbing of rso on her gum line every day. I make a sleeping edible from kush and a tincture cold infused into olive oil for a topical, and it works wonders. A buddy of mine is decarbing before infusing into coconut oil and people are ingesting and swearing by it, tastes good to. I am surviving cancer now for 9 years and have been eating, smoking ( which does not do anything but get me comfortably numb) and rubbing it on where it hurts. I believe cold and warm changes it and some things work better than others. Like my PB cookies are much better than a Brownie using the same amounts of medicine. Exposing the medicine to a longer cooking time changed the effect of the medicine, through many years of observation I quit making brownies, the cookies work best for me and most that eat them, 8 hours of a wonderful sleep, which helps one heal better to. Thanks for your comments on this subject, power to the healing of the people!Howdy to all.
I finally got thru all 120 pages of this forum or whatever its called. I an engineer type so will try to keep my babbling to nothing. Its took
Me weeks to finally get here. And I'm not saying anything is wrong with babbleology.
Disclaimer: I've never made any oil would only do this in a legal state.
* = farenhieght can't figure how to do degree symbol on this funky tablet. Insert cheesy grin please.
Since I'm retired I do all this from a tablet, cannot afford a pc, but I have a child in college and and I'm just a low roller. I humbly appologise for misspelling and etc. Typos from the spell miss checker I don't notice.
14+ years prostate cancer. I live on 2 chemos, one bone medicine. Wanted to try cannabis oil for a long time. I am from, grew up till I went to college in the emerald triangle, born in eureka, trinity county guy till I went to college and chased that 'career'. I am single.
1. My opinion. Flax seed/ flax seed oil shouldnt be used by prostate cancer folks bbecause I've read that prostate cancer cells benefit /feed from it invetro (in a test tube) ... Etc. Please blow this up if you think I'm wrong. Healthy debate is good.
2. Breast cancer and soy is not good because soy will increase estrogen levels in women. So, I don't think women should use it and have bought this up to female friends, some with breast cancer, some vegan. They looked into it themselves and agreed and thanked me.
So yeah, I read about this stuff, live it. My doctors have told me I know more about prostate cancer than most general Dr's. So people come to me for advise, and support, I did ask for this, think I'm a dummy. However, I do want to help with the horror of cancer or any deasease if I can. And that includes my hippy' friends' who think I'm a redneck and don't like or critize me, I'm neither. I'm american, I grew up in and amongst the beginning of the hippy, and pot growing. I'm a people person, nice caring forgiving to a fault, believe my on the fault part. The more you care, the nicer you are, the more you do for others, the more you open yourself up to being taken advantage of. Any answer to me benefits more than me.
3. The hardest part of the cco/ rso thing is decarb. I now see that 230 degrees farenhieght for 111 minutes is the new standard? Not 250* f for 30 minutes? Should the oil bath be changed to 230*f
4. Oil bath decarb. Stop when big bubbles disappear, well they don't look big to me but they do stop, and it never gets to 250*f when this happen. Using the heat gun goody from harbor freight. If stir after bubbles disappear there's more bubbles, smaller but more bubbles.
5. How does someone send off oil to lab for testing, discreetly?
6. There is no pic of distiller on page one. I recommend using a hygrometer (sp ?). To proof distilled alchol after recovery. If its to low of a proof or percentage one can distill recovered alchol to raise the proof. Also, if its not possible to get high proof wash one can start with regular whiskey, even wine and keep distilling it till the desired proof is obtained.
7. There is never anything in here about pouring of the heads at the beginning of any distillation. Every time the first thing that comes out of the distiller of choice is TTURPENTINE, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF THE WASHES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT IN THE TYPES OF WASHES (ethanol, isopropyle, hexane .... Etc.) in a gallon still how much heads have to be poured off? 4 ounces?
8. Biobombs. Can one weigh 1/10 gram thc oil into gel cap, then half that amount cbd, then fill rest of way with olive oil lechtin mix? Does it all have to be mixed together and why. What about adding pepper also? Searching about Biobombs is like reading this whole thing again, all 120 pages. My eyes are tired. And its taking so much time I donot have that much.
9. I liked coconut oil because its a solid oil, tastes good too. But what about the surgeon general ... Etc saying the bad out weights the good? Apparently it could contribute to things like heart disease?
10. Tacking or eating biobombs? Well which is best? Both?
11. Who cares about getting high, its all about killing the cancer/disease. There are those that have a high tolerance to.
If you’d like, I just completed a guide on decarbing, based on the work Of GW Pharma of Great Britain.
Decarbing For Maximum Neutral Cannabinoids (~ 95% conversion)
High CBD chemovar (strain)
Heat 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry.
Continue heating either
* 60 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)* 30 minutes @ 248° F (140° C)
Large Batch (larger than 4 oz)
* 30 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry* Continue 55-90 min @ 293° F (1284*
High THC chemovar (strain)
Heat 60 minutes @248° F (220° C)
Continue heating for either
* 60-120 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)* 110 minutes @ 230°F (110° C)
Large Batch (larger than 4 oz)
*15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C)
* Continue 45-55 min @ 293°F (146° C)