420 Magazine Background

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

panacea

Yes you can. I use to decarb mine in a temperature gauge BBQ, roughly at 230 for 30 mins on a piece of tin foil with another piece of tin foil over top to try to try to catch some of the terps evaporating off. I now just put my medicine in a food dehydrator prior to making the CCO and decarb the oil afterwards.:peace:

But with the oil bath you can actually see it happening and can control the level of decarb. I have done it both ways, and actually have a decarbox from MB. but in that box or even in a pyrex covered dish you cant see it happen. You will not know if it decarbed correctly until the finished product, oil,edibles,ect. Had limited success with my cco until this last run. it came out Right! Oil bath from now on for CCO, oven decarb for butter extract.

Ibspot

Man, I'm a green rookie when it comes to making oil. I've made butter for about 1 1/2 yrs and its awesome. I bought a Quincey Labs lab oven for decarbing for my butter. Rick's method from making oil in "Phoenix Tears" is what I'm following, trying to duplicate. It says to put in oven at 248F for 30 min. At end of boiling off in rice cooker. Not very good results so far. But I will get there with y'alls help. And all help is greatly appreciated.

Ibspot

Yes you can. I use to decarb mine in a temperature gauge BBQ, roughly at 230 for 30 mins on a piece of tin foil with another piece of tin foil over top to try to try to catch some of the terps evaporating off. I now just put my medicine in a food dehydrator prior to making the CCO and decarb the oil afterwards.:peace:
If you decarb the buds before cooking, why do you have to decarb the oil later? Did I miss something?

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018

Kicknitup1

7. There is never anything in here about pouring of the heads at the beginning of any distillation. Every time the first thing that comes out of the distiller of choice is TTURPENTINE, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF THE WASHES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT IN THE TYPES OF WASHES (ethanol, isopropyle, hexane .... Etc.) in a gallon still how much heads have to be poured off? 4 ounces?

I think the poison to be poured off (acetone I think) when distilling is about the fermentation part, not recovery of ETOH. You may be removing SOME water in the reclaim but I don't think you approach this as moonshine making. Pretty sure there is NO need to dispose of the first few oz's of ETOH.

Top Bottom