How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I can get an electric temp controlled alcohol distiller from Amazon for $150 with the output container, so I can't see dropping the kind of money they're asking for their machine.
i cannot get my hands on anything stronger then 75.5% food grade or i would opt for that.
Run lower proof drinking alcohol through the Green Oil Machine twice and you'll be around 190 proof. What's left in the pot is water.

With special solvents you need a lot more equipment, and ideally a vacuum method of extraction if you want to make sure they are completely clean in the end. QWET is one of safest and most efficient ways of extracting the cannabinoids from the buds. Even the folks with a rosin press will save the bags so they can run them in QWET.

VACUUM NOT NEEDED TO MAKE THICK READY TO SPREAD HASH OIL BLACK AND THICK BUT FROM POT ..

BEST YOU EVER HAD .. VACUUM BE NICE TO GET RECOVERY OF THE SPECIAL SOLVENT BUT HAVE VERY VERY LOW BOILING POINT AND EVAPORATES OFF UNDER HOT TAP WATER ..

OPEN THE WINDOW NOT MUCH VOLUME.. 2 TO 4 MILLS AT A TIME ..

Turn off your caps lock delta!

And if you recaptured it you would still have some ;).

ok im old and cant see and fingers hurt typing .. lifes a ball eh ..

you want the name the the special magical solvent ?

usp grade petroleum ether your can check it out in very old issues of high times from the 70s

dynamite oil..

If you can't get it it doesn't do you a lick of good. And certainly wouldn't be as helpful for someone to write a tutorial on how to do it if it's that hard to get.

Did you follow all the steps here:

Seem pretty complicated to be done safely.

its banned in canada .. unless a lab or university etc.. with cause to use.. rcmp will visit.. be nice to have a liter to
cook up a personal batch of wickly good oil..

the pet e is use to extract the cannabinniods out of the ethanol extra solution .. with water .. add
in a separatory funnel add water ethanol soln and pet e .. shake a little release gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shake again
release gas!!! .. lets stand 5 mins the layers separate keep the top.. could wash middle layer again twice..

evaporate off bingo deadly oil.. clean of crap..

i would use this apparatus!! for ethanol or methanol oil extraction from the pot..

do not use iso..

stonylab 500ml Soxhlet Type Extraction Apparatus, 24/29 Borosilicate Glass Soxhlet Extractor with Allihn Condenser and Two 500 ml Flat Bottom Flasks​

should be round bottom flash for heat with a few boiling chips.. self enclosed system ..

with condenser and running cold water ..

use water heat..

bingo dynamite

now there is a secrete step if you want to see god.. i could tell you about ?

its banned in canada .. unless a lab or university etc.. with cause to use.. rcmp will visit.. be nice to have a liter to
cook up a personal batch of wickly good oil..

the pet e is use to extract the cannabinniods out of the ethanol extra solution .. with water .. add
in a separatory funnel add water ethanol soln and pet e .. shake a little release gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shake again
release gas!!! .. lets stand 5 mins the layers separate keep the top.. could wash middle layer again twice..

evaporate off bingo deadly oil.. clean of crap..

i would use this apparatus!! for ethanol or methanol oil extraction from the pot..

do not use iso..

stonylab 500ml Soxhlet Type Extraction Apparatus, 24/29 Borosilicate Glass Soxhlet Extractor with Allihn Condenser and Two 500 ml Flat Bottom Flasks​

should be round bottom flash for heat with a few boiling chips.. self enclosed system ..

with condenser and running cold water ..

use water heat..

bingo dynamite

now there is a secrete step if you want to see god.. i could tell you about ?

You don't need a soxhlet rig to get great oil. I use naphtha/pet.ether I get from distilling Coleman's Camp Stove fuel. Then I use the same still to recover almost all the solvent and finish off the oil in a pyrex pie plate on a pot of simmering water. No hit of smell of the naphtha and that stuff is stinky. The wet used pot I put back into the still and cook off the solvent trapped in it for about a 90% recovery overall. Got to be Coleman's tho. Almost 10 degree lower bp than the cheaper shit.

My still is a glass bottle that holds 4L and I have a 1.5 L one I use for the recovery.

Crappy picture but the bottle is sitting in a big stock pot as a water bath with a separator under the glass bottle and boiling chips inside of course. Rubber stopper for the thermometer and the 3/8" copper tube that runs to my condensor which is the same tubing inside a coffee can so a 2L pop bottle full of frozen salted water fits in nicely. I keep a few of those in the freezer ready to do a run. Automotive anti-freeze in the can. Water rusts those out fast. Ask me how I know. ;)

I've made booze with it too from a simple sugar mash. Excuse the clutter. :D

Still002.jpg

Is the secret step maybe . . . isomeration? I have the glassware, chems, training and the procedure to do that too but haven't got around to it yet. Soon tho.

:peace:

You don't need a soxhlet rig to get great oil. I use naphtha/pet.ether I get from distilling Coleman's Camp Stove fuel. Then I use the same still to recover almost all the solvent and finish off the oil in a pyrex pie plate on a pot of simmering water. No hit of smell of the naphtha and that stuff is stinky. The wet used pot I put back into the still and cook off the solvent trapped in it for about a 90% recovery overall. Got to be Coleman's tho. Almost 10 degree lower bp than the cheaper shit.

My still is a glass bottle that holds 4L and I have a 1.5 L one I use for the recovery.

Crappy picture but the bottle is sitting in a big stock pot as a water bath with a separator under the glass bottle and boiling chips inside of course. Rubber stopper for the thermometer and the 3/8" copper tube that runs to my condensor which is the same tubing inside a coffee can so a 2L pop bottle full of frozen salted water fits in nicely. I keep a few of those in the freezer ready to do a run. Automotive anti-freeze in the can. Water rusts those out fast. Ask me how I know. ;)

I've made booze with it too from a simple sugar mash. Excuse the clutter. :D

Still002.jpg

Is the secret step maybe . . . isomeration? I have the glassware, chems, training and the procedure to do that too but haven't got around to it yet. Soon tho.

what temp does the pet ether boil over ? how much u get out of 3.87 liter can coleman camp fuel?

i dont think that is USP grade pet ether .. close the residual from the usp stuff be very low .0002% or less

might be .0001%

thats us pharmacopeia.. standards for testing chemicals etc. .. either that or the bp.. british pharmacopeia.. pretty much covers everything ..

cheers

what temp does the pet ether boil over ? how much u get out of 3.87 liter can coleman camp fuel?

i dont think that is USP grade pet ether .. close the residual from the usp stuff be very low .0002% or less

might be .0001%

thats us pharmacopeia.. standards for testing chemicals etc. .. either that or the bp.. british pharmacopeia.. pretty much covers everything ..

cheers

Been a while since I've done one but it starts cooking over at 72C and I cut it off around 78 - 80C I believe. I get just a little over 3L but I'll usually run it again and be just a tad under. Could probably squeeze out more but I want it really clean. The residue is dark green and I'll use that to get my burning barrel off to a good start. :)

The stuff isn't cheap anymore. Even Walmart wants almost $25/can. I have two Coleman camp stoves and a lamp with spare mantles in case of emergency so should keep a spare can or three of fuel around in case of a zombie apocalypse. lol

I wouldn't be able to get my hands on USP grade either even tho I have a diploma in chemistry. Should start my own little lab up so I could order goodies like that.

I have a bunch of cans of good butane for something special when I grow it too. Love me some good honey oil!

Oil01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom