How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi, I am newbie and I wanna know the differences between cannabis oil and normal one?

Thanks

By normal oils I assume you mean infused oils? An infused oil has the cannabinoids bound to a volume of carrier oil, often olive oil, which has a medicinal value of its own, enhancing the effectiveness of the cannabinoids and other components, but obviously it's a dilution of the cannabinoids in that volume of EVOO. I can turn a plant from my garden, freshly harvested, into approximately 200-250 ml of infused oil. That would give me over 200-250 1ml capsules from that plant.

Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO) is all the oil from the trichomes of a plant, stripped off and processed to end up with just that oil and nothing else, within reason. In a home setting you won't get the purity you'd get from a well-run professional setting. I can process a plant into CCO and expect to get between 4-6 ml of CCO in the end. I can process that into a formulation that will be effective against cancer, as well as anything else.

It depends on the severity of the illness you're treating as to which oil you choose. If you're treating cancer we typically recommend you go with CCO.

Rad's excellent points as to the value of growing and processing your own are solid. You won't often get the quality in a purchased product you can grow and produce on your own. Mostly it's that you have no idea what you're really buying these days. The quality control is not yet where we hope it ends up.

Sorry, I didn't explain well. what I meant is, what differences there are between smoking cannabis oil and smoking a joint. Thanks for both answers. They have been very useful and I have been able to understand more about cannabis oil.

Sorry, I didn't explain well. what I meant is, what differences there are between smoking cannabis oil and smoking a joint. Thanks for both answers. They have been very useful and I have been able to understand more about cannabis oil.

I've never smoked CCO, it's something I always ingest, since it hits harder and lasts longer as an edible, but I'd think the concentration of cannabinoids in CCO would sit you right down. :laughtwo:

Crasher, Key word is 'concentrated.' A joint may be 15% THC, vs 75% THC or more in cco. Other issue is that you lose at least 2/3 of THC "to the room" when smoking but less when dabbing/vaping cco and almost none when ingested. It's easy for even experienced tokers to go to far.

There really is no direct comparison between joints and cco. Most of us use cco in edibles or capsules diluted to X mg per dose. I've found that 1/4 gram herb vaped is roughly equivalent to 10 mg capsule.

When ingested the effects come on much slower (2 hrs or more) but last much longer (6 hours or more). Some of the effects from smoking/vaping are lost in processing into oil, but the Fresh Harvest Oil we're working on shows promise.

Also depends on the strain. I much prefer effects of vaping my White Widow (my favorite) to ingesting oil capsules, but prefer fresh harvest oil from Black Cherry Soda to vaping it.

I'm mainly a medical user so not the best to comment on recreational effects. Looking forward to other members comments.

Hi Crasher thats an interesting question.

A simple answer is that you inhale a significantly higher volume of cannabinoids inhaling a puff of oil compared to flower.

A parallel might be comparing a volume of light beer compared to the same volume of over proof alcohol.

Motoco..this post, others work by sweet sue, and lab rat inspired me.
Your photomontage shows he way.

I'm afraid the right receipt gets lost.over again and must be fond..

Ok here's the post of the right process telling people there issues with information out there..

Nope gone..crap.

The difference is vanishing.......you smoke both, absorb through lungs. It's fast, effeicent delviery method. One hit of oil, is about 4-5 hits off joint, more or less. Meaning you deliver active thc,Cbd.and all others into blood to same level.

Now eating,consuming that oil, it's clean you made it<....
That's different. Slower onset, longer duration. Natures mellow medicine that may very well,be good for you.

Hi SweerSue, just how soon can you process a plant after harvest? Pick an Process? Or is curing required? My first try at cco was a disaster, I think. Got everything andFollowed Just like Moto posted, My ounce turned into about a teaspoon of gooey, tarry, substance that I am not sure what to do with. LOL tried smoking but seems to harsh. cant eat it, it is like pine pitch, sticks to teeth. LOL. Maybe the cannabis just did not have much thc,cbd? the cannabis when smoked is a nice mellow high,not any lay back on the couch stuff, I think it was a "supernatural" strain I grew but cannot confirm the legit of the strain.

Sounds just like a lot of what I make, still works fine for making bio bombs, or dabbing (not me, but someone I shared with used it for that). And teaspoon is 5 ml or 5 grams. Some of that is probably wax and chlorophyll but still good amount of cco from 1 ounce.

As soon as you consider buds cured they're ready to use for oil. doesn't have to be well aged, just even moisture without any brittle parts.

Keys for prettier oil is to use properly cured buds that don't crumble, to have everything at 0 degrees when you start the wash, and to work quickly. I'm sure you paid attention to all that. I found that means using a lot more filters and jars than I did on first run. If filters take too long to drain through and they start to clog you're pouring too much into each one or your buds broke down too much. That allows waxes and chlorophyll to be extracted also, which makes oil dark and even stickier.

Thanks for the tips. a mechanic by trade, I feel like the directions and photos were pretty straight forward and I generaly can follow directions good. Everything seemed to go as planned until the last step of cooking off the alcohol, it was a nice translucent green like the photos, then at the last bit it turned brown milky looking then there was nothing left but scattered oil drops in the bottom of the rice cooker. I was able to scrape a teaspoon of this sticky dark oil. seems to set stiff @ room temp but starts to flow a little when warmed up. hmm maybe some extractahol next time? instead of 151 everclear which is all that was available?

I'm not sure if I can post this... so if I can't, remove it at will... I was looking at pulling the trigger on this and picking one up... it takes out a lot of guess work and sounds like it would be the cats @ss... google this: NOVA. DECARBOXYLATOR
What do you think?

I'm not sure if I can post this... so if I can't, remove it at will... I was looking at pulling the trigger on this and picking one up... it takes out a lot of guess work and sounds like it would be the cats @ss... google this: NOVA. DECARBOXYLATOR
What do you think?

I think if it works it's a great thing for a home producer using small quantities. When Canyon and Kicknitup1 finish testing one this week we'll all be looking for that review.

I found the oven method when I made butter was no harder than cooking a pizza. The oil bath method for cco I was ready to perform but was not sure if I could make it happen with the little bit of sticky oil I ended up with. so I aborted the decarboxylation. that was firsrt attempt at cco, Maybe a little more research next time? I think so!

Hello
I'm new around here but I need some help pls. my mother had a stroke 2 weeks ago and now she's not able to speak or move right side of the body. She also has diabetes and some strange rash. don't know the reason for that. She had it before the stroke. I plan giving her oil but I don't know how should I do it. She's on blood thinners and for diabetes. If someone can help me with some advice thank you

Hello
I'm new around here but I need some help pls. my mother had a stroke 2 weeks ago and now she's not able to speak or move right side of the body. She also has diabetes and some strange rash. don't know the reason for that. She had it before the stroke. I plan giving her oil but I don't know how should I do it. She's on blood thinners and for diabetes. If someone can help me with some advice thank you
Tony, I am so,sorry for your r mom is physically very sick as you must know. What age?

Tony, right now. I'll tell,you,a story. I am not a medical,doctor. Im a cannabis witch doctor at best.
You can get going right now buy buying a 300mg -,500 mg chocolate bar. It contain thc and maybe terpines, plus the chocolate. They have no sugar chocolate... or I'll let you how to make pretty tasty no chocolate oil infused. But you may as well start.

Go,to,dispensary.. in city or nearest state..I,guess? .. get chocolate bars,4.. buy two,or four syringes of "RSO" . Or ECO s you will put into coconut oil, and then add chcoclate melts and make your own......

While you are there get 2 disposable vape pens.. if she can inhale . That will help her relax. If you can it will help,you relax.
Then you starting consuming cannabis oil. If 1000 mg a day cures cancer. 250/day got me up. Stroke.. idk...it's vascular, neurological..
Start low and observe. Try to,get 100 MG consumed a day. Smoke as needed tolerated..
Make sure she keeps eating. Once you stop for any reason. It's really. I mean really hard to get it to re start. Let her eat what she likes if you get crave feed it. Try to get a few boiled eggs, and few ounces of chicken 4 ounce rice at least. Add missing food as fast as you can.

Get your , her paper work ina file. Medical, all insurance. All estate documents you mom needs to do must be done today. Or the state will rob you. Go,to a lawyer, tell him what up, pay him to write what needs written, file and pay for it. Only then is estate if any secure...

Inform your md that mom is consuming 100,mg of medical,marijuana a day.. you'll,get,no,response from most..

Ok once you have edible thc and mom responds you may want to find good source for,oil, make,oil, etc.
You can learn that here. But see how it works for a few weeks before,opening a cook station for CCO..imho..

Hello

Welcome to 420!

This thread is focused on making CCO (concentrated cannabis oil, basically the same as RSO or FECO). It sounds like you want help on dosing and treatment, so here is link to thread dedicated to that. Post your questions there and you'll get more responses, plus a lot of general information of CCO if you read the first few pages:
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

CCO can help with many of conditions caused by stroke, but we need to know more specifics about your mother and what she is wiling to try. That includes what may be very personal information, but this is a safe and supportive community that exists to help including emotional support, so please ask any and all questions you have.

CCO will help with inflammation and pain (both THC and CBD at work here), plus CBD can heal some nerve damage. Topicals cremes may help with her rash, and we have recipes for that.

Since she is on blood thinners you need to know that oil with high levels of CBD can increase blood thinner effects. If you use an oil with equal parts THC and CBD (1:1 ratio) that shouldn't be a problem, but watch for bleeding. I would not use an oil higher in CBD than THC, but I recommend oil with at least half as much CBD as THC (1:2 ratio).

If she can swallow you can put a drop of CCO (grain of rice size, about 50 mg of oil or 1/20 of ml) on a piece of chocolate. You can mix it with just about anything but chocolate works really well to mask flavor of CCO. If your oil is low in CBD you will probably want to start with 1/2 grain of rice size drop until you know how she tolerates the oil.

If she has trouble swallowing you can apply the drop under her tongue or on her gums and it will absorb into her system. Another option is suppositories which has additional advantages of avoiding psychoactivity. It's really much cleaner and easier that most people think, so consider it.

Last thing I will mention is that you'll hear a lot about bio-availability. There are several supplements you can use and ways to mix oil that will make it more effective.

I look forward to seeing your post on Sue's Study Hall.
:Namaste:

Hello Rabbi

Thank you for ur answer. I will definitely ask them. Anyway I already started give her some oil I made myself. But I don't know how much Thc or Cbd has. I stopped giving her now and I will make new one with more info about the material. Thank you and I will keep u posted.

Excellent instructions!

This post was the beginning of a path that began August 7 2017 and one journey ended, Friday night September 15, 2017, at sundown.
What occurred and is scrolled here is a miracle,for me. I'll tell you some and see what you think.
The path before stretches to the actual,beginning. So, well,stick with a 8/7/17.
Motoco post saved my life. And I am going to be forever grateful to everyone here and there are some not here. I learned during this path , motoco was gone before I got to my point. I weep as I write this...

I was taking for back pain, at the peak of 120mg/day oxycodone, 60 mg/day msmcontin...9the least perverted of the natural medicines, available to,me. It the NIH formulary... NIH .com ....and 1250 mg/day carispidol, anti muscle cramp/with sedative.. ....old drugs 60's..they wan it gone...cause it the last of the least bad.. Valium for,a decade 30mg/day.withdrawwal cold turkey and switched to,gabapetin..that started in 2015 August 7..startling date huh?..w years.to the day?ok,the gaba replaced near death experience having Valium stopped at once. I've since learned you mostly die......by August 7, 2016 I was bedridden >22 hours a day some > 20 every day. Your are in living death. My only relief sn epidural was abjuptly cancel <24 hours away. I got,an mMj card that day. Before, Motoco post opened a path , that saved me. I spent months and weeks playing with weed. Little by little, my weakened body came alive. Still being poisoned,but the Cannabis worked through. I was driven to learn about it, Cannabis, and I did.

With the help,of all 420 site/members/staff ,it's 9am, 30 hours. Past last dose......and there shan't be another. So,now there no opioids in my diet, as there are no opiates fir the people,then. Only perverted opioids, a pre nazi war era drug designed to improve the natural medicine, and yet accomplished to pervert the supply.they lied.they were pre war nazi in 1916 Germany. Most of the pain formulary comes from.real stupid idea,bad test, and ...

Ok.thanks motoco.you saved me I'll help, others.
So you think I should write some of it down?
My back hurts ,some all,the time.. not like it did.if it hurt,I could get past first step.the thc turned down the volume and opened the path .
Let me eat,sleep,shit again. It ceased too..all thankfully returned.
But it was the consumed Cannabis, that was the secret to,my return to life, free from pharmaceutical poisons.
The smoked cannabis offering calm ,thoughtful action,since I could move out of bed, once again. 15 minutes at a time. Laying down cause I hurt to stand, I stretched. Smoking greatvstrains and cooking with cannabis leading to extraction and chocolates, slightly different,sue sweetsue is in charge of CCO oil, make it bake it,,right.motoco, lead to sweetsue. She talked me through some of this.i know she knows how I feel. .lol hell this is a public blog .... but the race to,zero was gonna take forever. I didn't think I should wait. I couldn't bear being in pain prison another day.

A journey like that was a learning experience.

Ok rant must stop.sleepy.means....coffeee time.lol
Or tea time...
Or Cannabis time.

Motoco..Thanks.

Hello,

This is my very first post on 420 mag.

I will do my best to sound as understandable as possible, however I may sometimes not be, for I am not a native English speaker, so please don’t be too harsh…

I am here to seek advice for my 36 year old sister. I’ll try to be as concise as I can to describe her ailments.

Since she had surgery 3 years and a half ago to remove a tumor (cavernous angioma) from her spinal canal, she is daily afflicted with neuropathic pain, spasticity, fatigue, incontinence, sleeplessness, mood swings among other troubles.

She used to be a very active person always busy doing things. Now, she can no longer work or do housework not even go out alone. She is completely dependent on her husband. Because of all that, she is slowly drifting in depression.

One of her docs told her she had all the symptoms of multiple sclerosis without actually it being MS. This sounded odd to me but I am no physician, nor do I have any qualification in the medical field…

She daily takes several anti pain pills such as Neurontin, Cymbalta, Oxycontin but it seems to be of little to no help. Her condition does not improve, just the opposite in fact, she is getting worse as the time goes.

She is due to have surgery in December to have a “drug delivering device” placed under her skin on the left side of her belly, automatically delivering a liquid drug (Lioresal) through some sort of a tiny hose (under skin) directly into her spinal canal.

I am not a pothead. I’ve seen and read many things about the healing and soothing powers of cannabis. More and more anecdotal evidence about marijuana’s health benefits are getting scientifically backed.

I therefore thought that, maybe I could help my sister with cannabis concentrated oil. I do not know which strains may help her, and how much of oil (grains of rice a day) should she need to tack to her gum ?

I am still in the process of reading this thread, but it takes time... There is still one thing I did not manage to understand :

Motoco says :

-“ I would remove the oil (after any carrier is burned off) right after the bubbles are big (I believe this is for high THC strains). Then I would make a high CBD strain of concentrate and when going through the decarbing process (double boiler) I would remove the oil cup when the bubbles have completely stopped for max cbd, cbn for shrinking any tumors and removing any inflammation.”

However, I am still wondering how to decarb a cannabis concentrated oil made with only one single strain high both in THC & CBD ?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Back
Top Bottom