How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hello KingstonRabbi,

Hi Baya,
answer: same as for high THC strain, when the bubbles stop. CBD decarbs slower than THC (I admit I had that part backwards in last reply) but still produces bubbles until it's done. THC does not degrade fast enough at lower temps below 120C to be a problem waiting for the CBD to finish (that part I had correct).

Thank you for clarifying this point, this info will sure be useful when the time comes.

In a previous post, you said :

7 gr in 50 ml is not a particularly strong oil, so may need to try higher dosse.

As for this point, how much herb at the maximum do you think is possible to infuse in 50ml olive oil ? I am not very knowledgeable on the subject, but I read somewhere, sometime ago, that olive oil can soak up cannabinoids only to a certain degree, much like a sponge can soak up a limited amount of water. If I am not mistaken it has to do with the saturated fatty acids contained in the olive oil...

Yesterday I talked my sister about all the information you kindly shared with me, and she decided to take 8 drops (currently her maximum before feeling discomfort) of Pakistan Valley every other 2 hours, and 10 to 12 drops of Medical Buddha every other 2 hours. We now just have to wait a few days, a week or slightly more before increasing doses.

Again, thank you all for everything you did. :adore:

Baya - One aspect to consider - thc and cbd work best/better together. Perhaps a 6 drop PV and 4 drops MB - at a later time.

Best wishes and look forward to hearing about your good results.

:thumb:

Oldbear is correct in his statement, but the two hour gap you plan in her regimen will be nearly perfect timing for the cannabinoids. It's been discovered that spacing them apart like that can allow you to take lower doses, getting more effect with less expensive oil. The strains you're using are full-plant extractions, so you're getting small doses of the less-dominant cannabinoid in each measured does of oil.

Don't beat yourself up. :hug: This is new knowledge to all of us. Prohibition lasted long enough to have deprived us of many of the traditions of cannabinoid therapies passed from generation to generation, before we even knew we had endocannabinoid systems. As we share and search for solutions together we expand the understanding in new ways.

We look forward to progress reports. We're pretty stubborn too, and we insist you keep asking questions until you feel confident ongoing forward.

A hug for your sister. :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi
need some advice as I'm a newbie but am determined to try all cures before giving up.
I recently made my first batch of oil and am very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.
I used high grade material but did not have sufficient alcohol to wash so ended up only washing half the material but got back a very sticky very dark oil that is insanely strong.
my question is how to administer the dosage and if I should be diluting the oil with anything as I'm afraid of over dosage.
Don't worry about over dosing you can not die from The in less you take in like a quater pound in one hit!!! And you would die from smoke inhalation not the weed!!!! I would start out with a small dose maybe 1/2 teaspoon see how you feel and gauge it by that less or more to get you to the therapeutic dose you are looking for trial and error!!! There is no real way to gauge the dose everyone grow their flower different and from plant to plant the THC/CBD content is diffrent! GOODS LUCK HOPE THAT HELPS YOU OUT A LITTLE!!!! LIVE-LOVE-LEARN

Don't worry about over dosing you can not die from The in less you take in like a quater pound in one hit!!! And you would die from smoke inhalation not the weed!!!! I would start out with a small dose maybe 1/2 teaspoon see how you feel and gauge it by that less or more to get you to the therapeutic dose you are looking for trial and error!!! There is no real way to gauge the dose everyone grow their flower different and from plant to plant the THC/CBD content is diffrent! GOODS LUCK HOPE THAT HELPS YOU OUT A LITTLE!!!! LIVE-LOVE-LEARN

I would be careful with 1/2t. That amount, if the oil is strong, will make you VERY HIGH. No Overdose, but you could be pretty messy up for several hours. I would try "tacking" a small amount, roughly the size of a grain of rice, and see how that works for you. :circle-of-love::peace:

I would be careful with 1/2t. That amount, if the oil is strong, will make you VERY HIGH. No Overdose, but you could be pretty messy up for several hours. I would try "tacking" a small amount, roughly the size of a grain of rice, and see how that works for you. :circle-of-love::peace:
Yeah I guess 1/2 a teaspoon would be a hell of a ride !!!! You should start out with a drop the size of a grain of rice and go from there lol

Yeah I guess 1/2 a teaspoon would be a hell of a ride !!!! You should start out with a drop the size of a grain of rice and go from there lol

Not everyone can run as fast as you and I LTS. :laughtwo:

greetings
Baya asked how much herb at the maximum do you think is possible to infuse in 50ml olive oil
yes it is possible to mix cco and oilive 1:1
infusing cannabis into olive can be repeated with the same olive oil several times to fortify the medicine.
the first time you do it, it's called a "full strength" oil infusion of cannabis
repeat the process using the same olive oil and fresh herb you get "double strength" or X2
again,
repeat the process using the same olive oil and fresh herb you get "triple strength" or X3

you can keep repeating the infusion process using the same olive oil up to 9 times before the olive oil wont infuse any more

full strength, X2 and X3 are usually administered at dose rates of 1 to 10ml
x4 or better usually administered at dose rates of 1 to 10 drops

@ Oldbear

@ Dave Groomer

@ KingstonRabbi

@ SweetSue

Hello,

Just a short post to keep you updated after the end of my sister's first day with her new regimen.
She eventually changed her mind to a regimen closer to what Oldbear suggested and "officially" takes 7 drops of PV and 3 drops MB every 2 hours.

Obviously (now that I know), no changes were to be expected in so short a time frame. She told me on the phone, yesterday she had acute pain on the whole right hand-side of her body... The good news is that under her new regimen she felt no psycho-activity (which I was a bit afraid of...).

I wish I could fast forward time to a few weeks from now.

I told her about the hugs and the good vibes you all sent her. I saw she was sincerely touched and moved just knowing that some people somewhere on this earth try their best to assist her in this lonely battle.

On her behalf, I'd like to thank you all again.

Very best wishes to all of you.

greetings
Baya asked how much herb at the maximum do you think is possible to infuse in 50ml olive oil
infusing cannabis into olive can be repeated with the same olive oil several times to fortify the medicine.
the first time you do it, it's called a "full strength" oil infusion of cannabis
repeat the process using the same olive oil and fresh herb you get "double strength" or X2
again,
repeat the process using the same olive oil and fresh herb you get "triple strength" or X3

you can keep repeating the infusion process using the same olive oil up to 9 times before the olive oil wont infuse any more

Hello Radic,

Thanks for your answer.

How much of herb expressed in grams at the maximum can you, each time, infuse in 50ml olive oil ?

Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day.

greetings
again,

Wow! This is amazingly important information. We've been mucking around trying to determine the saturation point of the olive oil. I'll share this information with the crew working on infused oils at
Decoding the Holy Grail: Terpene and Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

But first, may I ask how you determined that nine infusions was the saturation point Radic?

Hi SweetSue
nine infusions was the saturation point... yes well you can do more but you always loose a small amount each time you do it, a simple rinse will capture any remaining oils sticking to the herb, but there comes a point little return and too much loss and that point depends pon the quality of the starting buds, eg..,. high quality buds will reach that point way before cheaper average bud simply because there is more hash oil on higher quality buds. when you do it you will see the oil changing color and getting thicker each time you repeat the process
imho the best way to make oil infusions is to make cco first then simply mix with your carrier oil at 100c at whatever strength you require. that is the way i do it mostly. that it is easy to make a 1;1 mix or a full strength which is about 100:1<-- the one is always the cco, and the bigger number is always the carrier oil.

yes i love your bioboms,,, i havent read it all yet. but i have to love every utterance thus far, i would really love to copy some over to my site if it's ok with everyone. i will link to here to return any traffic to your impressive site. i want to credit and support your majestic endeavor forward with bioboms on this site too.

forward ever
stronger together
Radic
hash oil rulez

opppsss
i didnt mean to confuse you...
9 times is recommended for most oil infusions by herbalists for herbal medicines
btw,, olive oil is a little better then most for infusing herbs and that is why it is often used by herbalists to target the lymphatic system when treatment is required.

forward ever
stronger together
Radic
hash oil rulez

Sweetsue found me haunting the "Decoding The Holy Grail" thread and extended an invitation to join in the conversation here. Thanx, SweetSue.

A quick preface: I rediscovered cannabis a couple of years ago in my quest for an alternative treatment for the symptoms associated with PTSD. After some 25 years using largely ineffective pharmaceuticals so generously dispensed by the VA, I saw I was developing some serious, and probably permanent, maladies. To say medical cannabis has been a game changer is an understatement. Not only has this regimine been more effective than the handful of mood altering pharmas I was taking daily, to my surprise I was experiencing some unexpected "positive side effects" that seemed to be correcting a number of medical problems I had been enduring, some almost life long.

The one shortcoming I have found with medical cannabis, however, is the fact that oral ingestion of any kind fails to give me that "What a wonderful day" type of feeling. Irrelevant of the methodology or strain used, my results are always much more sedative than I would prefer.

Some evidence points to the conversion to delta 11 hydroxy thc as the culprit while elsewhere I find some saying it's because orally ingested cannabinods enter the brain in a different location than inhaled cannabinods. Overwhelming consensus, however, concludes the fact the personality of the strains used in edibles doesn't make the transformation because of loss of terpenes. While the actual boiling point of terpenes is quite high, lab tests presented in the holy grail thread show natural evaporation of terpenes at ambient temps happen quite rapidly. I've always been of the opinion that a substance reaches its boiling point and "boom" it happens. Scientific helped me see the light with his analogy of water. An open pan of water will fairly quickly evaporate at room temperature. Introduction of even moderate heat, far below boiling point, excites the lighter molecules, breaking down the cohesive bond and, "poof" there go your terpenes!

Of course, the heat of decarboxylation is a necessary evil in our process; something we're going to have to embrace and learn how to circumvent its obvious effects on terpenes. It's my theory that we can contain evaporated terpenes during the decarb phase by using a sealed container; nothing new here. The problem comes in , however, with our expectations that the terpenes are going to condense and magically fall back onto our decarbed material when allowed to cool down to ambient temperature. I think that it's unrealistic to think these volatile molecules are going to condense at the same temps that they so easily evaporate! Drawing from the basic premise of reclamation of terpenes after fractional distillation, were going to have to introduce a chillant while still in a sealed container to ensure proper condensation.

The process may sound a bit daunting but in practice it's actually quite simplistic by marrying two tried and true routines many of us are already using. As mentioned earlier, there is nothing new about decarbing in a sealed container. Many have successfully used it to avoid smelling up mama's kitchen. Secondly, conventional cold ethanol extraction is again nothing new. The magic happens, however, when we use the two processes together WITHOUT CRACKING OPEN THE CONTAINER UNTIL ITS LIVED IN THE FREEZER FOR A WHILE!

I'm going to post a step by step procedure that I've used successfully a few times that has given me results I've been seeking for almost two years. The effects have proven to be the most akin to inhalation I've found. Be forewarned, however, in theory, any attempt at reduction by natural or heat induced evaporation or an ethanol to oil transfer using heat is probably going to negate the effort to retain our terpenes.

Forgive my lack of brevity. Never been one of my long suits. SweetSue will probably uninvited me now!

hi Bucudinkydow
Ethanol is well noted as excellent for capturing terpenes and flavonoids for essential oil extracts and often used by the pro's
the tricky part is capturing the "lighter fractions" from the ethanol at low temps... that can be achieved at home with fans.
The lighter fractions are the smells you get at room temps and even on a cold morning you will notice there is a smell coming from a flowering cannabis plant. they are called the lighter fractions and consist of several terpanoid and flavonoid families. The lighter fractions are often used to make perfume. i guess that is what you are missing from your cco which is still in the flavors and smells of bud.

theres heaps more i would really love to share but i am too wasted atm it's 3am here..

guidance
Radic
Hash Oil Rulez

"the tricky part is capturing the "lighter fractions" from the ethanol at low temps... that can be achieved at home with fans"

Anxious to learn more about how fans are used to capture lighter molecules, or fractions. I've always accepted that inducing air flow would cause evaporation of volatiles so I assume the process must be more involved. Always open minded toward new theories.

My incessantly quiet grandad was once asked why he never had much to say. He meekly replied, "You don't learn much when you're talking." So I'm listening!

hi Bucudinkydow
cold air evaporation is using a fan like a vacuum cleaner for ethanol.
capture tray is shallow and wide, setup with a slight fall to one corner, set the fan up so it blows just over the top of the tray. do not blow the air directly on to the tray, as the air above the tray fills with ethanol vapors then gets blown away fresh air rushes in to gather more ethanol vaps and so sucks the ethanol out. you fiddle about with it to make it better by insulating it, your basically making a wind tunnel over the top of the capture tray, add a bit of dry ice here and there to keep it cool.
there are pro cool air dryers available on the market.
check this youtube, i did a quick search... theres more out there

72hr Cold Air Cannabis Tincture to Oil - Part 1 - Quick Wash Alcohol Tincture Evaporation - YouTube

Hi SweetSue
nine infusions was the saturation point... yes well you can do more but you always loose a small amount each time you do it, a simple rinse will capture any remaining oils sticking to the herb, but there comes a point little return and too much loss and that point depends pon the quality of the starting buds, eg..,. high quality buds will reach that point way before cheaper average bud simply because there is more hash oil on higher quality buds. when you do it you will see the oil changing color and getting thicker each time you repeat the process
imho the best way to make oil infusions is to make cco first then simply mix with your carrier oil at 100c at whatever strength you require. that is the way i do it mostly. that it is easy to make a 1;1 mix or a full strength which is about 100:1<-- the one is always the cco, and the bigger number is always the carrier oil.

yes i love your bioboms,,, i havent read it all yet. but i have to love every utterance thus far, i would really love to copy some over to my site if it's ok with everyone. i will link to here to return any traffic to your impressive site. i want to credit and support your majestic endeavor forward with bioboms on this site too.

forward ever
stronger together
Radic
hash oil rulez

You may copy and use anything with my name attached to it. I have no ego. I do this work by divine inspiration, and it's here for use, not for me or to make a name for myself. My only intent is that the information be easy to use and understand and that it be freely disseminated. Haha! I actually stumbled onto my first case of someone plagerizing my work, and was pleased to discover I didn't mind. I was glad the information was on another site.

I'm learning so much from you already. You just keep talking. I'll try my best to stay in listening mode. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Bucudinkydow, first off, this isn't my thread, it's a joint effort since Tim passed away. Secondly, have you seen my post count? :laughtwo: I have no place to tell anyone else that they're too long-winded. Lol!

Radic, I agree, the best way is to have CCO and dilute it into a carrier oil, but the reality is that many of us, myself included, live in states or countries that don't allow the sale of a decent ethanol solvent. The best I can get is 151. Because of that I started playing with infused oils. When I found fresh harvest infused oils I stopped looking. It's the most potent infused oil I've come across, and I believe it may rival CCO for medicinal effectiveness.

I have my fingers in a number of pies on site devoted to cannabis oils, from growing practices, to drying techniques that retain terpenes and flavonoids, to producing better and better oils, both infused and concentrated. My goal is to offer as many options as possible, formatted in ways that members and guests can easily access and utilize. I have a curious mind and I've developed numerous outlets at :420: to keep that mind engaged. This is my retirement plan. Thankfully they like me here. :laughtwo:

As an MS sufferer, I can tell you that cannabis helps. For me, the diagnosis of MS, was the ruling out of everything else. Cannabis acts as a Neroprotectant. (The US department of health holds the patent on it even though they tell us there is no medical use). Keep doing your research and ask all the questions you think of. We will do our best to help. :circle-of-love::peace:

Baya, I remember reading your first,post.
Neurtin and cymbals both use gabapentin, and that Chanel. It works,for,short,time. In chronic pain. Then it turns on you. The snake. It must go. Right away. 3 goes to,2,now. Ok,asap. 7 days go 1. 1 for,a week,how,she,doing. ? Ok then 1/2 week ..and free at last. You,get to..."ago to,zero. Finally. Then the next. Oxy, preload patient, with CCO, any method you like. Calcultared dose, consume. 50-150 mg per day.I use chocolate. Other use gel caps. Each chocolate 30-75 mg of CCO. Eat two three to,get,dose. Took me 2-e months to break 18 painlock. Then remove the oxycodone. Same 4 a day xx//mg.goes to three, goes to 2 you feel,better never sick one moment. Going to,zero is more complex. Especially if she has 2-r meds or more. As you clean out first half the other have keeps your body well,poisoned. Just enough opiods in her central,nervous system, to not enter withdrawal. Her doctor will respond by suggesting suboxone. Don't ever do CCO will help,by itself. Clearing out the compounded isolates , will help as well. They go,together. Let her smoke your fantastic grow. As much as want.

This ms syndrome. Means syndrome. Don't know what up at all...syndrome. No,treatment plan, no ending to,treatment.. that's a gig . Wrong. There is no,syndrome. I,have often heard this ms syndrome in the last few months..has to be compound isolate problem..

Back
Top Bottom