How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Ok so i was wondering will this method i read in the first page wud tht work in my magical butter machine and would i need to run it twice or anything to achive full decarb and more potency if desired?? Or does it not work tht way?

IMHO, the magical butter machine uses too much heat and too long a cycle too give pure CCO. It will pull a lot of the waxes, etc. Also, you don't decarb first.

Freeze everything in advance - buds, alcohol, containers & utensils. You want COLD temps and short cycles to get the purest quality. I do the first wash for only about 6-10 minutes, a 2nd wash for about 4-6 minutes, and with a small batch, I'll do a 3rd wash for 2-3 minutes. It's not worth using the extra alcohol to do a 3rd wash on a large batch, IMHO.

If you really wanted to use the MB2, you would only use it for the extraction. You would then still need to evaporate off the solvent using a "traditional" method. However, because of the higher temps and long cycles with the MB2, you would not need to run it twice.

IMHO, the magical butter machine uses too much heat and too long a cycle too give pure CCO. It will pull a lot of the waxes, etc. Also, you don't decarb first.

Freeze everything in advance - buds, alcohol, containers & utensils. You want COLD temps and short cycles to get the purest quality. I do the first wash for only about 6-10 minutes, a 2nd wash for about 4-6 minutes, and with a small batch, I'll do a 3rd wash for 2-3 minutes. It's not worth using the extra alcohol to do a 3rd wash on a large batch, IMHO.

If you really wanted to use the MB2, you would only use it for the extraction. You would then still need to evaporate off the solvent using a "traditional" method. However, because of the higher temps and long cycles with the MB2, you would not need to run it twice.

Ok thanx man and normally i would but i thought i read sumwhere here tht it got achieved during the process so i figured id better ask a few questions lol. Is there a way to keep and reuse the alcohol some how or no? Just wondering since these bottles r starting to get expensive n the guy in town prolly already thinks im a drunk i buy so much everclear lmao.

Ok thanx man and normally i would but i thought i read sumwhere here tht it got achieved during the process so i figured id better ask a few questions lol. Is there a way to keep and reuse the alcohol some how or no? Just wondering since these bottles r starting to get expensive n the guy in town prolly already thinks im a drunk i buy so much everclear lmao.

Correct, the decarb occurs as part of the process. You can reclaim most of the alcohol (and, actually increase the proof!) using a distiller. You can pick one up for about $100-$150. Look for a "water distiller" and you should find one.

Correct, the decarb occurs as part of the process. You can reclaim most of the alcohol (and, actually increase the proof!) using a distiller. You can pick one up for about $100-$150. Look for a "water distiller" and you should find one.
Yea i figured tht out jus nw n was scoping one on amazon n its only like 89 bux i think but im curious how do i get the alcohol back cause isnt the oil in the alcohol and as it evaporates off the oil is left over so how wud i get my cco if i run it threw tht machine or does the distiller have a tray or bucket or sumthn tht i would scrape the oil out? I just dont know how it works so idk how 2 do it lol any and all help would be greatlyappreciated. Also u say it will get more potent so would i need less then or would it make more potent oil?

Yea i figured tht out jus nw n was scoping one on amazon n its only like 89 bux i think but im curious how do i get the alcohol back cause isnt the oil in the alcohol and as it evaporates off the oil is left over so how wud i get my cco if i run it threw tht machine or does the distiller have a tray or bucket or sumthn tht i would scrape the oil out? I just dont know how it works so idk how 2 do it lol any and all help would be greatlyappreciated. Also u say it will get more potent so would i need less then or would it make more potent oil?

In general, there are two main components of the distiller. The distiller itself, and a second container used to reclaim the distilled alcohol/water.

So, you wash the buds as usual, then place the alcohol/trichome mix in the distiller. As it runs, it will evaporate off the alcohol which will drip into the second container. You do NOT want to take this all the way to the oil stage, but you can evaporate and reclaim most of the alcohol, then finish in a small pot/pan as usual (so you can easily clean the distiller!).

When you do this process, it increases the proof of the reclaimed alcohol. This is good only because, when you do the extraction, you want the least amount of water (or any other impurities!) in the alcohol. I don't think you'll need a noticeable amount less, but the higher proof is more efficient at the extraction and will evaporate off quicker.

I hope that helps!
:Namaste:

In general, there are two main components of the distiller. The distiller itself, and a second container used to reclaim the distilled alcohol/water.

So, you wash the buds as usual, then place the alcohol/trichome mix in the distiller. As it runs, it will evaporate off the alcohol which will drip into the second container. You do NOT want to take this all the way to the oil stage, but you can evaporate and reclaim most of the alcohol, then finish in a small pot/pan as usual (so you can easily clean the distiller!).

When you do this process, it increases the proof of the reclaimed alcohol. This is good only because, when you do the extraction, you want the least amount of water (or any other impurities!) in the alcohol. I don't think you'll need a noticeable amount less, but the higher proof is more efficient at the extraction and will evaporate off quicker.

I hope that helps!
:Namaste:

May I? :hug:

Distilling off the alcohol
* Measure the volume of alcohol you'll be using. Deduct 25% of that volume.

* Use that calculated volume to fill the distiller decanter with that much water and mark the water level with a piece of tape. Empty and dry out the decanter.

* Add your washes and run the distiller. Alcohol will be distilled first, and when you hit the level you marked with the tape you turn the distiller off. In this way you avoid burning the valuable oil.

* Empty the distiller into another container and finish purging the rest of the alcohol in a traditional way like open evaporation.

If you are using everclear, at 95% alcohol, you will not be raising the proof. You cannot get 100% alcohol, the limit is 95 percent and will never change with distillation. If you were using a lower proof solvent like 80 proof, you could increase the proof with distillation but that would also mean you are leaving the rest which is water in your oil when you distill out the alcohol. If you are using alcohol as a solvent all the time, it is much cheaper to reclaim using a distiller of some sort as you said. Hope that helps.

If you are using everclear, at 95% alcohol, you will not be raising the proof. You cannot get 100% alcohol, the limit is 95 percent and will never change with distillation. If you were using a lower proof solvent like 80 proof, you could increase the proof with distillation but that would also mean you are leaving the rest which is water in your oil when you distill out the alcohol. If you are using alcohol as a solvent all the time, it is much cheaper to reclaim using a distiller of some sort as you said. Hope that helps.

Thanks Robileaf. Many of us bought distillers for this very thing. I can’t even get Everclear 151 in my state anymore since the medical cannabis program went into effect. I’ve pretty much switched to strong infused oils myself because of the dangers and limitations of working with ethanol solvents.

I want to jump in very quickly here and say that when I take one drop of 5% CBD Oil on an empty stomach I very quickly get an incredibly tired and heavy feeling. That's what came to mind when I read Baya's comment regarding "heavy oppressive feeling." I don't know anything about the healing topic at hand but do know that taking the CBD oil on a full stomach made a world of difference to the effect I felt.

I just wanted to add that for what it's worth.
It may be a good idea to eat first for another reason, as the "munchies" tend to bring one down faster from a good buzz! It speeds the passage out of the system it seems.

I need to make thc vape oil can any one please help I don't have the first clue where to beging but I am growing herb so there's a start if anyone could make this as safe and simple as possible
Yes. I been making mine with "Wax Liquidizer" different flavors such as Banana og, strawberry cough, pineapple express etc.. .This a very good product imo. You will just need to make the CCO then you are golden. The mix is 1 part CCO to 2.5 parts wax liquidizer , gradually warm it and mix it together .

Make As Explained at the first of this thread. I use a Food grade Alcohol.. But if you are not ingesting the oil.I have used 99% isopropyl alcohol ( not Rubbing Alcohol) Just be sure to use a 99% if you cannot find Everclear 95%.:peace:[/QUOTE
I thought u couldn't use ediable oils for smoking I'm so confused with this

Lets make sure we are both on the same track. What i call edible Cannabis oil is oil made from buds or high end sugar trim. Many People claim smoking the actual Concentrated Cannabis oil from the high quality buds is harsh on you,But when diluted with the Vape juice( Wax liquidizer) it ends up being a smooth vape. IMO opinion much better then the Oil made from Shade leaves ,low end sugar trim etc.. which tend to have much more plant waxes and chlorophyll leeched out of it. I would just dilute it 3:1 ( 3 wax liquidizer : 1 CCO). I have made my vape for many individuals with no complaints. The key is to have a nice high quality CCO that has had a good winterization & QWET. Each for their own thou.:peace:

Anyone look into processing Cannabis Roots into a Tea or Extract ?I been hearing of the great therapeutic benefits from using Cannabis roots( From a Organic fed plant obviously). I am thinking about dehydrating my Roots and blending them into a powder then steeping it into hot water with some other flavoring such as honey , cinnamon etc.. then straining so i have a Tea finish product.

So this will be my first run feel free to comment add advice ect, I'm going to be using rice cooker, induction hob pan strainers funnels jars ect,
First off I'm going to be using buds I'm going to mix with 1 Oz only for the first run, I'm going to be freezing my bud my everclear, my jars my utensils ect, I'm going to freeze for 24hrs bone dry snapping stalks top end high quality bud, before I freeze my bud I'm going to be chopping them, not grinding them, I'm then going to add the Oz of frozen buds into a frozen jar and I'm going to cover with everclear, well it's not actually everclear IL upload a pic of what I can find for UK can someone advise if this is suitable or no? I'm going to agitate for 2 mins then I'm going to refreeze for a further 12 hours I'm thinking anyhow please advice? Then I'm going to remove strain then rewash a further 2 times quickly before adding into the ricecooker, IL cook on high until the fluid as evaporated down in the shed with a fan blowing upwards and away the rice cooker fumes, in the mean time I'll be warming olive oil in the induction pan at 180°? Or is the too high for peak thc considering what I want , IL then add the oil in to the steel measuring cup awaiting heated in the olive oil to preform the Decarboxylation, but here's where I'm still not sure correct me if it's wrong if you could IL monitor carefully increasing the temp by 10° until the bubbles become smaller at this point peak thc i beleive is reached, I want peak thc so after that point IL turn off the hob IL have a oscalating fan blowing over the oil still sat in the pan in the hot oil, blowing a little breeze to ensure full removal of the isopropanol but there's so many opinions on the temperatures required for peak thc so heres another thing I'm not 100% but I'm thinking just simply add vape liquidiser and away I go, I'm also not sure how much oil this will produce but I'm open for people to correct what I'm doing incorrect as I said this will be my first run I'm not sure on the isopropanol either is the suitable? Its all I can seem to find ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181027-111318.jpg
    Screenshot_20181027-111318.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 211
Back
Top Bottom