How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

same here

i would have been lost without this place. im curious about how things went with the digital nuwave? i want to use my instantpot but am worried about it.

I love the Nuwave for many purposes and i feel it made it easier and certainly less stressful. Fondue pot for the majority of the evap and then just pour the last ounce or so into a small stainless bowl or whatever and purge the rest on the induction. The last bit goes quickly in the fondue cooker so stay with it!
Something I’ve noticed during the purge/decarb is that the temp of the concentrate will start to rise slowly once it gets around 220f, even though the temp of the bath oil remains unchanged. I presume something is burning off and that could very well be the very last bit of alcohol. Not sure?? I say slowly but in reality it happens fairly quickly as well so again, stay on top of it! I can see why a laser therm is recommended

Were you thinking of purging the last bit in an instant pot??

Jim, use stevia or xylitol. Lowest glycemic too. Splenda has some nasty side affects.[/QUOT

Hi Cajun, still kicking - as suspected life has been a whirlwind- new wife, new state and surviving. Miss collaborating with the crew but what Tim RIP and the rest of team have shared is still working for me thus far :)

Hey budnoob3. :hug: I’m sorry to have to tell you that Cajun passed a while back. He’d have been tickled pink to hear you’re still kickin’ even with all the change in your life.

Whatever you’re doing, keep it up. :circle-of-love:

Hey all, I have a quick question... I made a batch of CCO a few months back, first time trying, and it seemed like it turned out well... definitely potent, I made the mistake of licking the spatula and I was wired for around 15 hours lol. Since then my method to dose has been taking a toothpick, rolling the end in the oil and just putting that glob on a rear molar where it would stay for some time, but eventually end up in my stomach and I was definitely feeling it.

I was fortunate enough to discovered the tacking thread here and would like to utilize this method, but I'm thinking my CCO might not have been prepared properly in that there was no additional decarb step. I used a distilling machine and 99% ISO, and pretty much boiled it all down in there. No thermometers, so I'm not sure how hot it got.

I have been trying the tacking method, and it *seems* to be working. Yesterday, I tacked a portion on my gums and took a three hour nap. When I woke, I did not have a euphoric response but a small amount was still there, and I tasted some on the back of my throat, so I know I swallowed a little.

Forgive me for the noob questions... is there a way to tell if the oil has been decarb'd? Is it simply a matter of decarb'd oil will be absorbed at the gums and the rest will not? Any idea how long it typically takes to be absorbed? I'm trying to figure out if I am wasting my time trying to tack with this oil since I didn't specifically do the decarb step, but not sure how hot the mixture got in the distiller.

Thanks in advance.

Hey all, I have a quick question... I made a batch of CCO a few months back, first time trying, and it seemed like it turned out well... definitely potent, I made the mistake of licking the spatula and I was wired for around 15 hours lol. Since then my method to dose has been taking a toothpick, rolling the end in the oil and just putting that glob on a rear molar where it would stay for some time, but eventually end up in my stomach and I was definitely feeling it.

I was fortunate enough to discovered the tacking thread here and would like to utilize this method, but I'm thinking my CCO might not have been prepared properly in that there was no additional decarb step. I used a distilling machine and 99% ISO, and pretty much boiled it all down in there. No thermometers, so I'm not sure how hot it got.

I have been trying the tacking method, and it *seems* to be working. Yesterday, I tacked a portion on my gums and took a three hour nap. When I woke, I did not have a euphoric response but a small amount was still there, and I tasted some on the back of my throat, so I know I swallowed a little.

Forgive me for the noob questions... is there a way to tell if the oil has been decarb'd? Is it simply a matter of decarb'd oil will be absorbed at the gums and the rest will not? Any idea how long it typically takes to be absorbed? I'm trying to figure out if I am wasting my time trying to tack with this oil since I didn't specifically do the decarb step, but not sure how hot the mixture got in the distiller.

Thanks in advance.
Tracking your temp is imperative. To cool and it won’t decarb. To hot and it’ll destroy all the good stuff. Take a large dose and strap in. That’ll tell you if your d decarb worked. With me and eatables, it takes a good hour to feel the effects. So I’ll rip a few bong hits and then dose.
:roorrip:

I would also like to add that a good recommendation would be to make up bio-bombs with your CCO. I never just use just CCO anymore. I always mix with EVOO & Sunflower lecithin and "micro dose" throughout the day,it is a complete different feeling imo . Best bang for your buck, but like i always say, each for their own.:peace::peace:

Thanks for the suggestions :) I'm specifically looking to tack the CCO so I can avoid the buzz. I've been tacking what I have but it seems to take forever to get absorbed... did it last night before bed and when I got up this morning probably 1/3 of it was still on my gums after ~8 hrs sleep, so I'm thinking this batch did not get decarb'd enough/at all to be absorbed through the blood/brain barrier.

The oil I have now is like tar, solid and sticky unless I warm it up. Can I attempt to decarb what I have here or am I wasting my time? It's been in finished form for probably a month or so now.

You should still be able to decarb. I will make a suggestion, I make bio-bombs for the " Non-Pot Community" at a ratio of 130MLS EVOO + 20MLS sunflower lecithin + 1ML CCO. Over half of these people do not feel Medicated from this formula and the ones that do claims it is only a slight body relaxation , ALL OF THEM states that it works medically for what they are treating. You could always try this ,but before you fill ALL your capsules just fill 3-4 to make sure they are at not psycho-active( that way you can always add another 20 MLS of EVOO to the batch until you get it where ya want). Believe me once you go this route it will be you dosage method for good. Not trying to twist your arm :laugh::peace:

Thanks @panacea, you've got me intrigued... I should also mention that I am specifically trying to target throat and sinus area with the tacking, but if you feel the bio bombs would be just as effective then I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and decarb my existing oil... thank you for all of the info!

Apologies for all the questions, I'm new to all of this and am still developing the protocol :)

I would like for the oil to be as medicinal as possible without the euphoric effects so I can take high doses and still function reasonably LOL... I have other means of getting high when I like :)

From what I have read, the decarb process is necessary for a couple reasons, one of which is to be able to pass through the blood/brain barrier, another being to reduce the euphoric effect when dosing.

Am I correct in assuming that oil that has not been properly decarb'd will not be absorbed at the gum line? When I tack, some of the oil appears to be absorbed but some still remains, even after an 8 hour sleep.

The first thing you have to decide is whether the medicinal effect you are looking for comes from THCa (without decarb) or THC (which causes the euphoria, and is what we end up with post-decarb).

Most of the literature holds that using THC in suppository form (capsules or refrigerated coconut oil forms) will bypass the liver on the first pass and therefore greatly reduces the euphoric effect. It may not have a direct effect on targeting the throat but I'm not sure the sinuses would be directly impacted by tacking.

@InTheShed, I'm a little confused, can you clarify? The OP states:

"When we heat cannabis to convert the THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD, we are also converting THC to CBN at a faster rate. At about 70% decarboxylation, we actually start converting THC to CBN at a faster rate than we are converting THCA to THC, after about 70% decarboxylation, the levels of THC actually start to fall sharply. That of course means that the CBN also begins to rise and the medication is becoming more sedative. "

@panacea, that's a great idea! Do you have a link or more info? I also thought about making some vape juice that I could inhale...

Thanks!

I haven't seen that elsewhere in the literature. That would seem to mean that 100% decarbed weed has mostly become CBN!

There is no way to get THCa to convert to THC without decarb temperatures. And if every decarbed oil put you to sleep, very few folks would be using it for anything but insomnia!

As I said, if the medicinal effect you seek is from THC, you will need to decarboxylate it. Whatever else you end up with during that process is included the price of admission.

skunk pharms decarbing process
Very interesting read, I like the bubbles and the double boiler and the different outcomes of medicines. I have never decarbed but my buddy swears by it and we are looking at making good medicines for the people. I am going to go read skunk pharms decarbing process. Thanks for all the great information. I am experimenting with a water distiller for first boil off, have you tried this method yet?

Very interesting read, I like the bubbles and the double boiler and the different outcomes of medicines. I have never decarbed but my buddy swears by it and we are looking at making good medicines for the people. I am going to go read skunk pharms decarbing process. Thanks for all the great information. I am experimenting with a water distiller for first boil off, have you tried this method yet?

I have found the water distiller good for large batches of oil. For small batches (1/4oz - 1/2oz flower) it just isn't worth the effort. @ 4oz of Everclear (give or take a little) it's not worth recapturing. Just my 2 cents. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom