How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

But with the oil bath you can actually see it happening and can control the level of decarb. I have done it both ways, and actually have a decarbox from MB. but in that box or even in a pyrex covered dish you cant see it happen. You will not know if it decarbed correctly until the finished product, oil,edibles,ect. Had limited success with my cco until this last run. it came out Right! Oil bath from now on for CCO, oven decarb for butter extract.

Man, I'm a green rookie when it comes to making oil. I've made butter for about 1 1/2 yrs and its awesome. I bought a Quincey Labs lab oven for decarbing for my butter. Rick's method from making oil in "Phoenix Tears" is what I'm following, trying to duplicate. It says to put in oven at 248F for 30 min. At end of boiling off in rice cooker. Not very good results so far. But I will get there with y'alls help. And all help is greatly appreciated.

Yes you can. I use to decarb mine in a temperature gauge BBQ, roughly at 230 for 30 mins on a piece of tin foil with another piece of tin foil over top to try to try to catch some of the terps evaporating off. I now just put my medicine in a food dehydrator prior to making the CCO and decarb the oil afterwards.:peace:
If you decarb the buds before cooking, why do you have to decarb the oil later? Did I miss something?

7. There is never anything in here about pouring of the heads at the beginning of any distillation. Every time the first thing that comes out of the distiller of choice is TTURPENTINE, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF THE WASHES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT IN THE TYPES OF WASHES (ethanol, isopropyle, hexane .... Etc.) in a gallon still how much heads have to be poured off? 4 ounces?

I think the poison to be poured off (acetone I think) when distilling is about the fermentation part, not recovery of ETOH. You may be removing SOME water in the reclaim but I don't think you approach this as moonshine making. Pretty sure there is NO need to dispose of the first few oz's of ETOH.

7. There is never anything in here about pouring of the heads at the beginning of any distillation. Every time the first thing that comes out of the distiller of choice is TTURPENTINE, WHICH IS NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF THE WASHES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT IN THE TYPES OF WASHES (ethanol, isopropyle, hexane .... Etc.) in a gallon still how much heads have to be poured off? 4 ounces?

I think the poison to be poured off (acetone I think) when distilling is about the fermentation part, not recovery of ETOH. You may be removing SOME water in the reclaim but I don't think you approach this as moonshine making. Pretty sure there is NO need to dispose of the first few oz's of ETOH.
we talkin bout this?

i keep reading, ravenously and haven't had any luck. i put it under magnification. it's the tales of the crystals. i looked up the anatomy of a thc molecule and found the tails to b the support system for the goods. typically, we read enough, we come across confirming/supporting articles. i have yet to find more.
i tried rerunning all of it, plenty: always comes back out. we can easily find thc solubility in various solvents and in ethanol, it's ridiculously high. the tails aren't dissolving, i figure it's not thc. have not attempted boiling point, density, or any other simpler tests. just figured i could find someone elses intel. nope! anyone?
also read about wax stripping? a kinda thc coating? these have form. guess it could b shell-ish.
i can microscope n redo pic, tomorrow, if it would help to verify. hate to toss it, hate to have it count towards concentrate lmt, if it's garbage.
I'm full tilt oil patient, well beyond noticing a buzz, beyond a new run's day 1. so smokin it- wouldn't do anything for me, regardless of potency.
yes, I've proved it out, by bein the first kid on my block to eat 2ish grams & it was wasteful, minus the benefit of my gal's piece of mind. afterwards, as he has, for decades, a friend interjected something about a thc overdose and not the "I'm too high" contestants. he meant death. lil late, now, buddy! so fellas- read the directions, ask for directions, etc. sooo... yeah, ya can't fix stupid, and i clearly was. I'll see if i can add the recommended daily allowance of refer, in a minute.

doin a minimal run in about 15hrs. anyone have any tips, or questions to b addressed?

we talkin bout this?

i keep reading, ravenously and haven't had any luck. i put it under magnification. it's the tales of the crystals. i looked up the anatomy of a thc molecule and found the tails to b the support system for the goods. typically, we read enough, we come across confirming/supporting articles. i have yet to find more.
i tried rerunning all of it, plenty: always comes back out. we can easily find thc solubility in various solvents and in ethanol, it's ridiculously high. the tails aren't dissolving, i figure it's not thc. have not attempted boiling point, density, or any other simpler tests. just figured i could find someone elses intel. nope! anyone?
also read about wax stripping? a kinda thc coating? these have form. guess it could b shell-ish.
i can microscope n redo pic, tomorrow, if it would help to verify. hate to toss it, hate to have it count towards concentrate lmt, if it's garbage.
I'm full tilt oil patient, well beyond noticing a buzz, beyond a new run's day 1. so smokin it- wouldn't do anything for me, regardless of potency.
yes, I've proved it out, by bein the first kid on my block to eat 2ish grams & it was wasteful, minus the benefit of my gal's piece of mind. afterwards, as he has, for decades, a friend interjected something about a thc overdose and not the "I'm too high" contestants. he meant death. lil late, now, buddy! so fellas- read the directions, ask for directions, etc. sooo... yeah, ya can't fix stupid, and i clearly was. I'll see if i can add the recommended daily allowance of refer, in a minute.
here's what i found: For THC, there are varying figures, ranging from 1,260 milligrams of THC per kilogram of body weight down to 666 mg/kg. Even going with the lowest figure, a 175-pound man would have to consume more than 53 whole grams of pure THC all at once. And pure THC isn't something you are going to find in even the purest shatter oils and waxes produced. If we're talking commercially produced edibles, then you would probably die from an overdose of salt (3,000 mg/kg) or sugar (1,100 mg/kg) before even coming close to the threshold for marijuana.

but I'll tell ya- my gurl doesn't look, or feel good, havin a rough time, on 2mg oil. 50gr retail doesn't sound cheap, either.

moral of the story: careful. not a toy.

here's what i found: For THC, there are varying figures, ranging from 1,260 milligrams of THC per kilogram of body weight down to 666 mg/kg. Even going with the lowest figure, a 175-pound man would have to consume more than 53 whole grams of pure THC all at once. And pure THC isn't something you are going to find in even the purest shatter oils and waxes produced. If we're talking commercially produced edibles, then you would probably die from an overdose of salt (3,000 mg/kg) or sugar (1,100 mg/kg) before even coming close to the threshold for marijuana.

but I'll tell ya- my gurl doesn't look, or feel good, havin a rough time, on 2mg oil. 50gr retail doesn't sound cheap, either.

moral of the story: careful. not a toy.
found on westward site. no author, nor sources, credited.

My reason behind the BBQ& Food dehydrator was mainly for getting the cannabis nice and dry before freezing so the trichomes will be more brittle and disattach easier.
pound, some folks do the deed, at diff temps. the solvent's properties dictate the initial boil off temp. after that, the cooker is no longer subject to the "cooling"effect of the boiling point, for the substances in the mix, with lower boiling points. the terps & thc, have a ways to go, from my temp of choice (so when it goes long, I'm not cookin off the stuff we're all huddled n chanting for).
those who use gear with the ability to go hotter, or a setpoint they can't control... may damage the end result. 180°F, is not hot enough to decarb. some, decarb, during the boil down... 180, isn't hot enough for decarb so- "nova" does it, for me. magical butter machine co. sells a small decarber, as well; cheaper... i missed that bus and they're sure to remind me, with daily deals, better than the deal they gave me, AND the gift one i sent!
hope that answers your questions.
i think the argument over whether oil IS already decarb'd, may b due to everyone's personal preference, regarding cook temp. it works.
"THAT GUY!", should pay the $40, to send in a sample from both sides of the argument!

You would think just putting Cured cannabis into your 100% Alcohol would do the trick but for piece of mind i want to be sure i get the best bang for my buck..
what do u think about throwin those tails in- after the whole shing-a-ma-bing and buckling up? see if any difference n the effects? every try? whatcha doin with yours?

If those tails were soaked in ETOH, then they are hollow shells. The goodies have left the building.
bless you. i received a similar answer, in another thread, where i was debating adding it back into the mix, at the end.

very misleading, resembling thc crystals and abused hash/kief, etc.

amnesia- last of the mohicans: ok so the cured stuff was oiled, a week, or so, ago. i was gettin @ 22% returns. i ran her c1 clones, with only 10 day cvault - actually, "higher" head bzzz, but @ 12-14% return- forgot which. so today's run of oz b4 destem... forgot to recheck. i know: very thorough... didn't use dry ice- 4 gram rtn. based on previous stem weights- around 1/6 return; @ 16%. there's a reason we use dry ice... my lovely, needed something milder buzz, more analgesic, in a hurry. it's definitely that, " J-E-L-L-O!"...

Back
Top Bottom