How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

What you got on your finger would be scissor hash if you'd scraped it off your scissors. I'm trimming up some Monkey Banana Kush these days and that hash is pretty tasty. Not trimming tonight but smoking some form the night before. Hate trimming!

:peace:

PS: That reminds me. Got to go dump out my buds from the paper bag and let them air a bit.

Update on my Green oil machine. After further investigation , I found out my machine was sent with the seal in upside down , once i corrected this the machine has been working as advertised( does not justify the price thou ,Lol). Out of 2 litres of alcohol i reclaimed just over 1.5 litres back.

I recently have steered away from the qwet method. I have found a 4-5 hr deep freeze (-25) will produce the most potent oil and a bit added quantity. I am not suggesting everyone to give up their current extraction method , this is just what i have noticed with my recent extractions of the same strain.

What you got on your finger would be scissor hash if you'd scraped it off your scissors. I'm trimming up some Monkey Banana Kush these days and that hash is pretty tasty. Not trimming tonight but smoking some form the night before. Hate trimming!

PS: That reminds me. Got to go dump out my buds from the paper bag and let them air a bit.

i make my butter on the stove in a pot .. why should i get a machine?

You don't need to monitor it, the temperature is consistent, it blends the weed regularly to make the infusion more effective, you can run it overnight...things like that!
Just want to add in not a good idea to leave burning alcohol unwatched, cannot recommend. wow alot of money automation.. im up in canada 180 to 400 for a machine.. ( capt of the fire dept) we have enough fire from coffee pots left on.. im sure a few houses will burn overnight too.. bet on it!

i would highly recommend using a soxhlet extractor to get the cananabis oils..

mmmmmm the best is on the way mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

-25 C , I have a very old deep freeze that is crazy cold . I usually put my cannabis is a food dehydrator first for roughly a hr , it then goes in the deep freeze along with the alcohol ( not mixed)overnight . I then take it out and mix my alcohol with my dry material and then place back into freezer for roughly 4-6 hrs, you can shake every once in awhile. I then use a 5gallon paint strainer which i got off of amazon cheap and put that over a funnel ( this is by far the best way to strain your initial material off). I will then set it back in the freezer for overnight just so the sediments will sink to the bottom( this makes your final filtration much easier) . I set anywhere from 6-8 mason jars with funnels to do a quick filtering process, i want to keep the alcohol from reaching room temperature so the plant waxes and chlorophyll will not dissolve and go through the filter . I filter at least 3 times . i will give in detail my extracting process later , abit rushed today, i have 180 grams of infused coconut oil n weed in a slow cooker along with a greenoil machine full of CCO to cook off. lol

-25 C , I have a very old deep freeze that is crazy cold . I usually put my cannabis is a food dehydrator first for roughly a hr , it then goes in the deep freeze along with the alcohol ( not mixed)overnight . I then take it out and mix my alcohol with my dry material and then place back into freezer for roughly 4-6 hrs, you can shake every once in awhile. I then use a 5gallon paint strainer which i got off of amazon cheap and put that over a funnel ( this is by far the best way to strain your initial material off). I will then set it back in the freezer for overnight just so the sediments will sink to the bottom( this makes your final filtration much easier) . I set anywhere from 6-8 mason jars with funnels to do a quick filtering process, i want to keep the alcohol from reaching room temperature so the plant waxes and chlorophyll will not dissolve and go through the filter . I filter at least 3 times . i will give in detail my extracting process later , abit rushed today, i have 180 grams of infused coconut oil n weed in a slow cooker along with a greenoil machine full of CCO to cook off. lol
:thanks:

Do you use coffee filters in the funnels? That seems to be where the process gets to room temps.

Just want to add in not a good idea to leave burning alcohol unwatched, cannot recommend. wow alot of money automation.. im up in canada 180 to 400 for a machine.. ( capt of the fire dept) we have enough fire from coffee pots left on.. im sure a few houses will burn overnight too.. bet on it!

i would highly recommend using a soxhlet extractor to get the cananabis oils..

mmmmmm the best is on the way mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A Soxhlet extractor is good if you want to wash everything out of a substance but the whole idea of using QWISO or QWEtOH is to only get the surface resins off the plant material while leaving the waxes, tars, etc behind for a cleaner oil mainly for smoking. The solvent is continuously recirculated to wash through the material in the chamber so everything soluble in the chosen solvent will be collected.

Not to mention that they can only do at most a half oz of bud at a time. I used them in school 30 years ago when I was getting my chemistry diploma. Nice piece of glassware tho.

Do you use coffee filters in the funnels? That seems to be where the process gets to room temps.
Not if you have a walk in freezer or wait for a -30 C below Canadian winter freeze
I'll make most of my oil during the winter cold spell. That's one good thing Canada is good for

Am I right to assume that the undesired compounds will stop dissolving into the carrier when cannabis is separated from the ethanol and what few undesirable compounds that may have dissolved during the quick wash, are there for good ? Guess what I am getting at is can you filter the already dissolved undesired compounds by refreezing and filtering through #4 coffee filter?

Well for myself i do not have the tools or scientific knowledge to prove that it does but i can tell you by observation and human trials, lol over the span of 7 years is that the method i have used recently(last 9 months) has proven to be the best quality so far . I base this by the individuals i treat testimonies , the appearance of the oil and by the oils structure which you can squeeze out of a syringe without heating it up which proves to me that there is less plant waxes then when using my previous methods. But that being said my growing knowledge has improved and different strains makes a difference but over the last 9 months since i changed to this method i have used over 20 different strains and all oil that was produced has came nearly identical by appearance & structure, My obvious proof will have to come from having my oil tested for potency which i will be doing in the near future. I will send a pic of my CCO after i finish the final double boiler method very shortly.

Peyote Cookies oil
thumbnail_IMG_0321 20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom