How to make Feminised Plants to start flower? & Perfect Strain

GreenH0rn

Hello everyone

I was thinking about my next grow and I need some help which strain to choose. I have two questions, How do I make Feminised Plants to start flower?

And my second question is which strain to choose depending on maximum yield, short hight, short growing time from seed to harvest, best high and best taste.

Thank you for help. :Namaste: :high-five:

Treat the famished seeds just as you would any other plant. Start and grow them for at least 4 -5 weeks using 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness.

If height is an issue remember that when the plants begin to flower, they can double in height rather quickly so keep that in mind.

As for strains, given your experience, and wants/needs I would consider Critical+, Sensi Star, or Barney's Critical Kush. If you want to follow along, I am growing Sensi Star and Critical+ in my grow journal that is linked in my signature. Pretty much a standard soil grow with a few new twists in it (new for me).

Good luck!

B-

Treat the feminized seeds just as you would any other plant. Start and grow them for at least 4 -5 weeks using 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness.

If height is an issue remember that when the plants begin to flower, they can double in height rather quickly so keep that in mind.

As for strains, given your experience, and wants/needs I would consider Critical+, Sensi Star, or Barney's Critical Kush. If you want to follow along, I am growing Sensi Star and Critical+ in my grow journal that is linked in my signature. Pretty much a standard soil grow with a few new twists in it (new for me).

Good luck!

B-

Treat the feminized seeds just as you would any other plant. Start and grow them for at least 4 -5 weeks using 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness.

Good luck!

B-

Thanks man, but i was asking how do i make the plants to start flower...

Oops. Sorry.

After that 4-5 week vegetation period using the 18/6 lighting I mentioned, set your lights to be on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. With the strains I mentioned you should be able to harvest right around 60 days after you go to 12/12.

B-

Oops. Sorry.

After that 4-5 week vegetation period using the 18/6 lighting I mentioned, set your lights to be on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. With the strains I mentioned you should be able to harvest right around 60 days after you go to 12/12.

B-
Thanks man, do i have to change the light bulb when i'm starting to flower the plants?

I use a metal Halide lamp for veg and an High Pressure Sodium for flowering. If you need to only choose one for the whole cycle, go with the HPS. I would recommend the Hortilux Super HPS and if you want an MH lamp, the UltraSun.

B-

So that means i could use the same HPS bulb for growing and flowering even though i dont have the Hortilux Super HPS ? What about the lumens and the light color...

Yes, you can use the same HPS lamp for veg and flower. You don't need the Hortilux for that - its just a brand that I have used for a long time & had great results with. You can choose any HPS you and your budget allow. Any HPS lamp in the 2100-2700 Kelvin spectrum will do the job just fine.

How many plants you grow, where you grow, and the area you need to cover in light will dictate how many lumens & watts of power you need. this link should give you a very general understanding of light requirements and light measurements.

Yes, you can use the same HPS lamp for veg and flower. You don't need the Hortilux for that - its just a brand that I have used for a long time & had great results with. You can choose any HPS you and your budget allow. Any HPS lamp in the 2100-2700 Kelvin spectrum will do the job just fine.

How many plants you grow, where you grow, and the area you need to cover in light will dictate how many lumens & watts of power you need. this link should give you a very general understanding of light requirements and light measurements.

Wow thanks! what a relief. My last question. When the plant is 4 weeks in vegi, with 18 hours of light and 6 hours off, and i decide to let her start flower I just switch to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of off with the same HPS bulb right?

Yup! You got it!

I should point out that 4 weeks from seed to 12/12 is on the short end of things - 5 to 6 are better. Remember this is a lot like painting a car or other finish work. 90% of what you do is prep for the grand finale and 10% is the flowering. So in this case I would devote as much time and effort into the vegetation cycle (18/6) as your time and space allow. Your work and patience will be greatly rewarded!

Go subscribe to my grow journal and read it from the beginning (it starts just after seed sprout) and you will get an idea of what I'm talking about. Lots of pictures too! :)

B-

As far as your strain question, you're looking for is an Indica or Indica dominant strain. You'll get good yield, great potency, and a short height. Keep in mind though that some strains get pretty smelly and precautions may need to be taken.

I'd recommend to you try growing Northern Lights for the first time. It's an Indica dominant. It's extremely hardy-perfect for new growers, it flowers around 45 days, great yields, and low smell. You won't be disappointed.

Best of luck in your future endeavors and welcome to the community.

:420:

How do I make Feminised Plants to start flower?

You can use colloidal silver... BID (BigIrishDoode) has a tutorial I just can't find it PM him or ask in his Journal
BID 7.0 LED Test Featuring BudMaster II 675-XG - High Brix CocoGanics

he even tells how to make the solution DIY!!

edit--

strain

totally up to you on taste and effect (you should choose based on this not quantity) but hitting all three for my needs and taste is new to me but has been around, DJ Short's original blueberry

DSC_4968_end.jpg

As far as your strain question, you're looking for is an Indica or Indica dominant strain. You'll get good yield, great potency, and a short height. Keep in mind though that some strains get pretty smelly and precautions may need to be taken.

I'd recommend to you try growing Northern Lights for the first time. It's an Indica dominant. It's extremely hardy-perfect for new growers, it flowers around 45 days, great yields, and low smell. You won't be disappointed.

Best of luck in your future endeavors and welcome to the community.

:420:

Thank you. Will the Automatic Northern Lights Feminised Seeds do the same job as only feminised seeds?

I'm not a fan of autos but that's up to you.

I like finding suitable strains, establishing a mother plant, and taking clones. But that's just how I do it.

Autos don't rely on a photoperiod for flowering. (Although I've heard of some instances where people couldn't get them to bud until they moved them in 12-12 light routine.) You can't really clone autos. The Rudaris in the strain only contributes to lack of need of a photoperiod; not there to enhance flavor, yield, or cannabinoid levels. It actually has the reverse affect. There may be new Super Auto strains out there. But I'm not aware of any auto that can hold a flame to a regular or feminized. There's a nice one in this month's Plant of the Month Contest. They just don't have any place in my garden.

I recommend our sponsor Herbies for your purchases. Even if you buy from another source, check out their website. If you scroll down a bit from the home page there are categories for different strains, Northern Light strains included. One the bottom right side they have single seed sales.

I've done a couple runs with Delicious Seed's Northern Light Blue (Northern Lights x Blueberry). It's one of my favorites and worth mentioning.

I'm not a fan of autos but that's up to you.

I like finding suitable strains, establishing a mother plant, and taking clones. But that's just how I do it.

Autos don't rely on a photoperiod for flowering. (Although I've heard of some instances where people couldn't get them to bud until they moved them in 12-12 light routine.) You can't really clone autos. The Rudaris in the strain only contributes to lack of need of a photoperiod; not there to enhance flavor, yield, or cannabinoid levels. It actually has the reverse affect. There may be new Super Auto strains out there. But I'm not aware of any auto that can hold a flame to a regular or feminized. There's a nice one in this month's Plant of the Month Contest. They just don't have any place in my garden.

I recommend our sponsor Herbies for your purchases. Even if you buy from another source, check out their website. If you scroll down a bit from the home page there are categories for different strains, Northern Light strains included. One the bottom right side they have single seed sales.

I've done a couple runs with Delicious Seed's Northern Light Blue (Northern Lights x Blueberry). It's one of my favorites and worth mentioning.

Hmmm well ok then. Do you know whats the average height of feminised Northern Light and Northern Light Blue ?

That is entirely dependent on your grow methods, lights, nutrients, and genetics. Very hard guess to make. Generally though, I would expect 80cm (from soil to top) on average at harvest. There are methods out there to keep your plant smaller if you need to.

A lot of your questions seem to be centered on "feminized" seeds needing some special treatment. That's not the case. They are simply seeds that have been manipulated by the breeder to produce only female/sinsemilla plants. There is no difference in growing a regular seed vs a feminized one.

I also agree with Northern Lights as a strain option.

I also agree that you will need to deal with some odor control with any of the strains mentioned. The Critical+ I'm goring right now is actually starting to stink and I'm not even close to putting it into flower mode!

B-

My style of grow is Hempy Sea of Green. I typically grow straight from cloning machine to 12/12 with no veg time. That being said, I can't really answer your height question. I'd say they average around 26" tall (above soil) when finished. But someone could hold one in vegetative growth for a long time and get totally different results. Amount of light, environmental stresses, medium, grow style, nutrient line and strength used...there's a lot of different aspects that affect a plant.

I use a 4'x4x6' tent. My 600 watt air cooled reflector takes up 8". Figuring the height of the containers and distance from light, I still haven't had any height issues with Northern Light Blue. I can't say the same about Sativa Dominant strains. Even my Holy Grail Kushs put on a 100% stretch in the first three weeks or so.

Well I finally found the link and re-read your request. Duh you do not want to make the seeds! Oh well for those wondering what I was going on about here is the link

DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

what got my attention is I thought you were going to make fem seeds from plants grown from fem seeds and I had not seen that done. If you want to experiment making your own feminized seeds follow the link above and check it out

Well I finally found the link and re-read your request. Duh you do not want to make the seeds! Oh well for those wondering what I was going on about here is the link

DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

what got my attention is I thought you were going to make fem seeds from plants grown from fem seeds and I had not seen that done. If you want to experiment making your own feminized seeds follow the link above and check it out

glad you posted that link to BID cs thingy its so simple and easy to make now to find some cheap silver

Back
Top Bottom