How to make your own signature

Hey, welcome! :ciao: I’m Backlipslide, when I first found this site and decided to make a grow journal to share my experiences past and present. I had no idea how to make a signature underneath my posts to notify others about my journal. Luckily this group of members here, are nothing short of a big family. So it didn’t take long for me to learn how to do it, but it was almost embarrassing, having to ask that question. So that brings me to this post and why I’m making it. My goal is to help others, and If it only helps one person then it makes me happy, and that’s one less new member trying to figure out how to do it. I might add I’m doing this off of my phone not a computer, but it couldn’t be too much different then this.

So you start out with being on your journal, you then copy the URL link of your journal. (Website name located at the top of the page)

You then click on your avatar at the top, (if you haven’t gave yourself an avatar yet, then you can do that as well) locate and click on the signature option. (It’s circled in the picture)

You’ll find your self on this page next (picture below) click on the icon that is circled in the picture.

The picture below shows you your next step.

You will then paste the copied URL of your journal in the spot I have an arrow going to in the picture.

The spot that I have circled in the picture is the text you want it to say when displayed (for instance: John Doe’s super amazing coco grow! 2019)

You can make it as silly or as serious as you like it to, but that’s completely up to you!

Good luck!

:passitleft:

Attachments

• F55B9A53-087A-4147-A22B-5B520F423FD4.jpeg
    F55B9A53-087A-4147-A22B-5B520F423FD4.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 333
  • 472C2B6C-A820-4443-B746-FBA15D4988E1.jpeg
    472C2B6C-A820-4443-B746-FBA15D4988E1.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 8DAC6718-4BDF-4B66-A747-1FF6D54E8340.jpeg
    8DAC6718-4BDF-4B66-A747-1FF6D54E8340.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 320
Well done !

I’m glad you put this here , I always forget what I did to get there 12 weeks later . I guess it’s a case of getting old ! Reave fixed it for me the first on the first signature. I went back to Teddy’s in the helpful links the last three times !
Question,does anyone know how to do a signature on an iPhone ?

That was great. could you do the same on how to start a journal and gallery?
Hey @Canachris go to this site journals in progress and at the top of the page on the right it say post thread select it and your on your way to start that journal! .
Then select journals in progress ,sorry

First off, you should always start off with visiting this link, explaining and showing you good templates to follow for your first post.

Click on 420 forums.

Click on grow journals. You may have to scroll down a bit.

Click on journals in progress.

Click on post thread.

Fill out the thread title. Take your time thinking of a name. Put in as much Information like as you can and hit post.

That was great. could you do the same on how to start a journal and gallery?
Find the gallery in the menu bar, located on the top left of your screen.

Click on add media.

Click on member gallery.

Click on upload file.

Click on photo library. Find the photos you want, fill out the information, then save.

then you will find your photos in the camera icon in the tool bar above the text box when ever you try to reply in any thread.

Hey, welcome! :ciao: I’m Backlipslide, when I first found this site and decided to make a grow journal to share my experiences past and present. I had no idea how to make a signature underneath my posts to notify others about my journal. Luckily this group of members here, are nothing short of a big family. So it didn’t take long for me to learn how to do it, but it was almost embarrassing, having to ask that question. So that brings me to this post and why I’m making it. My goal is to help others, and If it only helps one person then it makes me happy, and that’s one less new member trying to figure out how to do it. I might add I’m doing this off of my phone not a computer, but it couldn’t be too much different then this.

So you start out with being on your journal, you then copy the URL link of your journal. (Website name located at the top of the page)

You then click on your avatar at the top, (if you haven’t gave yourself an avatar yet, then you can do that as well) locate and click on the signature option. (It’s circled in the picture)

You’ll find your self on this page next (picture below) click on the icon that is circled in the picture.

The picture below shows you your next step.

You will then paste the copied URL of your journal in the spot I have an arrow going to in the picture.

The spot that I have circled in the picture is the text you want it to say when displayed (for instance: John Doe’s super amazing coco grow! 2019)

You can make it as silly or as serious as you like it to, but that’s completely up to you!

Good luck!

:passitleft:
Hey thank you for taking your time to do this for us slow tech people!! I being one of them I’ve asked a couple 420 moderators for help and didn’t get much response so thank god people in this community have a heart! Thanks again my friend and happy growing!!! Hint I just now learned how to manage my signature haha!!!

Hey thank you for taking your time to do this for us slow tech people!! I being one of them I’ve asked a couple 420 moderators for help and didn’t get much response so thank god people in this community have a heart! Thanks again my friend and happy growing!!! Hint I just now learned how to manage my signature haha!!!
You’re very welcome!! I’m glad to have helped! You’re signature looks great btw!! :thumb:

@Backlipslide, have you tried to add a signature recently? This week I tried to edit several of mine to add “completed” and somehow it broke my links. So I started over and re-added all. They take initially with green text indicating link, but when I save it breaks all but the first link. I did this several times with the same results. I think there maybe a bug.

I have not noticed that... @cr8grow I just last week or so, changed my sig as well. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, but then I again I just deleted the (completed) after each journal and then crossed them all out by putting a line through them. I should make sure all my links go to the right spot. Good eye man!! I’d suggest reporting that post you just made and explain it in the report and an administrator should get back to you about the matter. Unless it’s something we can brainstorm, and figure it out.

@Backlipslide, have you tried to add a signature recently? This week I tried to edit several of mine to add “completed” and somehow it broke my links. So I started over and re-added all. They take initially with green text indicating link, but when I save it breaks all but the first link. I did this several times with the same results. I think there maybe a bug.
The first journal on you’re sig seems to be okay, but it looks as if you broke the link somehow. Easy fix.

just need to find you’re journals (in the search bar on the top right) copy the link again to you’re first post on said journal. Then highlight the desired journal in you’re sig section. Click the link button, then paste the URL of the journal you just copied into the specific spot it’s needed, then save. Easy fix brother!!

The first journal on you’re sig seems to be okay, but it looks as if you broke the link somehow. Easy fix.

just need to find you’re journals (in the search bar on the top right) copy the link again to you’re first post on said journal. Then highlight the desired journal in you’re sig section. Click the link button, then paste the URL of the journal you just copied into the specific spot it’s needed, then save. Easy fix brother!!
Backlipslide...I did the routine like 10 times for each. 420 is looking into it now. Thanks man

Back
Top Bottom