How to make your own strain

Hi Folks I Love breeding Mj.....Thats where the real fun begins!... There is the joy of genetics and choosing what phenotypes (traits) you like the most in your plant like, flavor, aroma, color , growth vigour, size of node spacing, keeping those traits, and breeding out all the others you don't want in your plant. Sometimes it takes 6 or 7 or even more generations till you have a strain in seed form that you can then call a true one of a kind stable strain. Thats why I choose to only grow regular seeds to breed to keep the genetics pool growing!
1580168577714.gif
Happy Breeding

My biggest suggestion. The fact that you are still trying to understand about breeding. Means you are not ready to do it yet. I suggest reading and growing a while longer while you learn more about it.

I understand seeds cost money. Producing your own is a good way to save money. Time is money also. Making seeds before you really understand what you are doing could very well waste a lot of your time. Growing a plant for 4 to 6 months and not having the outcome where you need it is a major waste of time.

I suggest growing regular strains for a while. You learn a lot about both females and males. What makes them different and what makes them the same. What strains you choose to breed with is another major factor. Look at it like lots of things. What is the weak link? What is the worst that can happen? That is why lots of people breed with stable strains like Blueberry, White Widow, C-99 or a few others. Breeding with quality strains makes your favorite plant the weak link. I highly suggest you try breeding with one of these strains first.

My biggest suggestion. The fact that you are still trying to understand about breeding. Means you are not ready to do it yet. I suggest reading and growing a while longer while you learn more about it.

I understand seeds cost money. Producing your own is a good way to save money. Time is money also. Making seeds before you really understand what you are doing could very well waste a lot of your time. Growing a plant for 4 to 6 months and not having the outcome where you need it is a major waste of time.

I suggest growing regular strains for a while. You learn a lot about both females and males. What makes them different and what makes them the same. What strains you choose to breed with is another major factor. Look at it like lots of things. What is the weak link? What is the worst that can happen? That is why lots of people breed with stable strains like Blueberry, White Widow, C-99 or a few others. Breeding with quality strains makes your favorite plant the weak link. I highly suggest you try breeding with one of these strains first.

Thanks yes I know its to soon to even try it, thats why I posted this question,trying to understand it how it even works and all that, it really is complicated If you want to do it right.

Complicated and very fun. I do some of my own breeding and enjoy it very much. No offence at all. Your comment on where to find male seeds was my first indicator LOL. We all learn as we go. Nothing wrong with not knowing something. In fact it is lots better than thinking you know it all. With all the strains and growing styles no one will ever know it all.

The fact you want to learn because you want to do it right puts you on the right track. Spend the money in the right spot when you are ready to start breeding. That is my best suggestion. Grimm Cinderella 99 is a darn good place to start breeding with. I have grown it and lots of its hybrids. Lots of times it dominates the genetics. So the outcome comes out at least like C-99.

The strain it self is pretty much a one of a kind thing. No other strain has been cubed like Grimm did with C-99. Stabilized yes. Cubed no. That makes breeding with it easier than most strains out there. The odds of choosing a good male from C-99 is lots higher than most strains out there. After you have breed a easy strain then it is time to work on something special.

Complicated and very fun. I do some of my own breeding and enjoy it very much. No offence at all. Your comment on where to find male seeds was my first indicator LOL. We all learn as we go. Nothing wrong with not knowing something. In fact it is lots better than thinking you know it all. With all the strains and growing styles no one will ever know it all.

The fact you want to learn because you want to do it right puts you on the right track. Spend the money in the right spot when you are ready to start breeding. That is my best suggestion. Grimm Cinderella 99 is a darn good place to start breeding with. I have grown it and lots of its hybrids. Lots of times it dominates the genetics. So the outcome comes out at least like C-99.

The strain it self is pretty much a one of a kind thing. No other strain has been cubed like Grimm did with C-99. Stabilized yes. Cubed no. That makes breeding with it easier than most strains out there. The odds of choosing a good male from C-99 is lots higher than most strains out there. After you have breed a easy strain then it is time to work on something special.

Thank you very much :) I will remember this, I still have few months to learn it in teory.

Nothing pops out. I watched a lot of YouTube stuff. Internet is a big place and I don't know my way around it well. I am sure a person could find lots more info out there now.

Watch and read everything. Then weed out the bullshit. Mostly look into what male traits to look for good and bad.

Back
Top Bottom