How to mix Gibberellic acid: GA3

CADBOY

Hey all,

This is a quick "How to" thread on how exactly to mix up some Gibberellic acid (GA3)...

I'm doing this to help anyone who doesn't already know how exactly to do this. Enjoy!

You need some things to start;

#1) Gibberellic acid (GA3)
#2) 70% Rubbing Alcohol
#3) Water 10 Millilitres
#4) 5 ml syringe or other measuring device
#5) Little spray bottle to hold everything

Follow the photos for directions below!

For more general information and great detials on how to use GA3 or another detailed way to mix up some GA3 check out Celts 2020 Grow link.

Attachments

• 20200422_134053.jpg
    20200422_134053.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 665
  • 20200422_134036.jpg
    20200422_134036.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 532
  • 20200422_134131.jpg
    20200422_134131.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 649
  • 20200422_134114.jpg
    20200422_134114.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 681
I've only used STS and just now GA3, STS did work for me. I'd like to try out GA3, no idea if ita any better tho.
More info about GA3 in The Celts thread for sure.
Lots of people on here have or do use STS also.

Thanks for putting this together CB.
Looking forward to trying this too.

No problem brother. So far GA3 is working, time will tell. If it works good. I'll be buying more for sure.

It works. I saw an old EPA document about it. It stated that the danger to people was relatively low, provided they wore the usual protective equipment - clothing/gloves/mask whilst applying it. And they were considering dropping the requirement to not be around treated plants for 12 hours after treatment to something like four hours due to the fact that its immediate effects on our species are classed as being mostly "slightly toxic" (as opposed to moderately, highly, or non-). But it listed the allowable residue for crops like leafy greens, citrus, berries, and the like, and it was only .15 PPM (15 parts per billion).

If I felt that I was forced to use the stuff, I wouldn't get any on me, or inhale it. I wouldn't consume the treated plant, either - just use it for seed production purposes and then throw it away. But this is coming from someone who has spent a lot of time in and around substances that have often been marked as only mildly toxic, not immediately toxic, etc. - and is now realizing that he should have avoided them altogether. Lungs are shot, liver isn't great, kidney isn't, either. Skin looks okay for a 70-year old, but I'm not 50 yet. I kind of remember what food tastes like, lol, and am pretty sure that I used to be considered "pretty smart."

YMMV. . . .

EDIT:
Harmful and Protective Effects of Terpenoids from African Medicinal Plants

Armelle T. Mbaveng, ... Victor Kuete, in Toxicological Survey of African Medicinal Plants, 2014
19.5.5 Gibberellic Acid

Gibberellic acid (15) (Figure 19.3), a pentacyclic diterpene acid also known as gibberellin A3, GA, and GA3 is an endogenous plant growth regulator used worldwide in agriculture. Gibberellic acid occurs in some vegetables such as pepper (Capsicum annuum) [32] and olive [46]. Compound 15 plays an important role in many cellular processes, where it promotes stem elongation, overcomes dormancy in seeds and buds involved in parthenocarpic fruit development, flowering, and the mobilization of food reserves in grass seed germination [47].

Compound 15 has also been shown to cause alarming toxicity to mammalian systems, particularly in the breast, lung [33], kidney, and liver [34] of adult mice. It was reported that GA3 induces carcinogenic effects in adult Swiss albino mice [33]. Ozmen et al. [48] reported that compound 15 affects sexual differentiation and some physical parameters in laboratory mice. Celik and Tuluce [35] and Troudi et al. [36] also demonstrated that 15 can induce oxidative stress, leading to the generation of free radicals and causing cell damage in many organs, including heart, kidney, stomach, spleen, and liver of adult rats. Compound 15 was reported to have a neurotoxic effect on the cerebrum and cerebellum of suckling rats [49]. The neurotoxicity of gibberellic acid consisted of a significant increase in the malondialdehyde level and a decrease in the antioxidant enzyme activities of catalase, superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase in the cerebrum and cerebellum of suckling pups, a decline of glutathione content and vitamin C and abnormal development of the external granular layer and a loss of Purkinje cells in the cerebellum of rats [49].

No, I don't have access to the book. I wish I did - the title makes it seem like a pretty interesting/useful reference. I don't have access to the footnotes, either. What you see is what I got, lol.

Back
Top Bottom