how to move these girls outside

Rude1

Hi all just after some advice on how to move these girls outside , they are under 250 watt cfl and have been on 18/6 and have just changed to 17/7 its the first day of spring here tomorrow and we have about 11.5 hrs of daylight increasing gradually would like to try and get them outside by the start of oct. Any advice would be much appreciated as im not sure what to do . They are all clones Ace seeds Panama

IMG_097449.JPG
IMG_097553.JPG
IMG_097347.JPG

Hi all just after some advice on how to move these girls outside , they are under 250 watt cfl and have been on 18/6 and have just changed to 17/7 its the first day of spring here tomorrow and we have about 11.5 hrs of daylight increasing gradually would like to try and get them outside by the start of oct. Any advice would be much appreciated as im not sure what to do . They are all clones Ace seeds Panama

I do believe the first day of spring down under is still three weeks away yet (9/23 no?).

Anyway, so you want to move photoperiod clones (which look very nice by the way) outside when there's less than 12 hours of sunlight a day and they've been getting 17 hours. That will almost certainly make them flower, don't you think? And then just as they start to flower, the days will start getting longer at the fastest rate of the year (which is around equinox--3.5 minutes a day longer around equinox here at 47 degrees north). That sounds like a recipe for a very confused plant.

I'd suggest either finishing out your grow indoors or starting a new outdoor grow.

Wait until daylight hours are at least 14 hrs so they don't go into flower then revert back to veg. Will be more beneficial.

Yes i think your right i just thought id throw it out there to see if it was possible,and yes the spring equinox still not till 21st september but here in perth we call the first day of spring the first of september , confusing yes . Oh well thanks for taking the time to reply

would i be able to take new clones off the bigger plant and start them outside as a possibility,I could start a new grow from seed but have no seeds left of the panama and would like to see what it can do outdoors ??? I think it could get quite big out:hmmmm::hmmmm:side.

would i be able to take new clones off the bigger plant and start them outside as a possibility,I could start a new grow from seed but have no seeds left of the panama and would like to see what it can do outdoors ??? I think it could get quite big out:hmmmm::hmmmm:side.

Hey, I hadn't thought of that. Sounds like a good idea...

But I think my earlier comments about light hours would still apply. I'm assuming that you'd be taking the clones after the days got longer. At 32 degrees south, you won't have 14-hour-long days until December 1st!

Yes I think you are right but I'll take a couple of cuttings and put them under a t 5 cloning light and try and give them the same amount of light as outside and increase daily

Well here goes first attempt , here's one I prepared earlier I took this cutting while the mother was in flower and it was just trimming her up
About 5 to six weeks , I didn't think much would happen but she survived and I've just snipped the flower off and put her in the pot outside , she had half a dozen solid tap roots and seemed to be thriving , by the way she was on 18/6 until today and its raining and overcast outside.
IMG_098443.JPG
IMG_098340.JPG

Back
Top Bottom