How To Optimize CBD Oil Effects - 3 Keys To Success

Katelyn Baker

If you've been following me or reading my page in the last year, then you know I LOVE CBD Oil and have even found a brand that I love. If you haven't yet tried it, you really should because once you experience the benefits you'll never be without it.

Cannabidiol (or CBD) is one of the fastest growing markets in the U.S., as are the hemp and legal marijuana industries. In fact, according to The Hemp Business Journal, the market should garner about $2.1 billion in consumer sales by 2020, with $450 million of those sales coming from hemp-based sources.

What is CBD?

CBD is a naturally-occurring chemical compound found in the hemp plant (there are more than 80 different phytocannabinoids in cannabis) and along with THC, they are the most studied and understood. CBD is non-psychoactive and not a controlled substance. It also has a number of health and therapeutic benefits- with no high and without having to secure a medical marijuana card. But, while all of this is true right now, the FDA is making steps to classify CBD as a Schedule I substance, so now might be the time to stock up.

Medical Marijuana Inc. says that CBD, "acts on the endocannabinoid system (ECS) within our own body and is a vital 'cellular-signaling system' that is involved in modulating pain, appetite, mood, memory, and cellular life and death cycles.

From the article:

"The endocannabinoid system is an essential regulator of bodily function in its many facets," writes Ethan Russo, M.D., medical director of PHYTECS. "There is hardly any physiological process that is not affected by it to some degree."

CBD is also an "adaptogen" which means that it can increase resistance to a broad range of stressors: physical, chemical, and biological ones. It is also well tolerated and presents no side effects, even in high therapeutic doses, says Garyn Angel, the Creator of MagicalButter and founder of Cheers to Goodness and Culinary Cannabis Expert.

Basically, it's a miracle plant.

Our friends at Honey Colony say if you decide to begin a CBD regime, that you should be on the look out for the following:

1. Reshaping of your body's structure — this often shows up as weight loss, more energy, radiant looking skin (glow from within) and other physical effects.
  2. Sense of Stability — this often shows up as more agility and movement, and feeling stronger with more endurance. Less drama, more clarity.
  3. Health Repair — the ability to bounce back with better recovery after illness, allergies, toxin exposures, injuries, or chronic conditions.
  4. Mood Elevation — a greater sense of happiness and well-being with fewer "ups and downs."
  5. Recurrence of chronic unresolved conditions. A healing crisis can occur, which means you can a bit worse but will eventually feel a whole lot better. This is a great time to look at the pattern that may be repeating.
  6. Better sustained performance along with greater mental clarity, focus, and a sense of awareness with increased sustained energy for whatever you are doing.
  7. Ongoing Sense of Calm, Mindfulness and Happiness — usually after six months of cumulative benefit.
  8. Greater Energy and noticeable reduction of symptoms, illnesses, and stressors allowing for a better sense of well-being.
  9. Resistance — If you stay with the program you may notice some minor temporary setbacks. Your body is adjusting because your conditions are being treated with proper nutrition, sometimes for the first time ever if you've never before optimized your diet.
AND, that there are 3 factors which might impact the effects and results of a CBD oil regime. Remember, everyone is different and how CBD effects individuals will, therefore, be different as well.

1. Dosing- CBD products will come with a customary dosage but make sure you also think about your age, body weight, nutritional deficiencies, and current complaints. Do your homework.

• A good place to start, considering weight, would be twenty-five mgs per day per 100 pounds of body weight.
  • Sublingual application is best.
  • Experiment with when you take CBD as well, for some it brings on a deep sense of calm and relaxation so closer to bed might be better.
2. Receptors- You have cannabinoid receptors throughout your body that are part of the ECS. The article says, "There are currently two known subtypes of cannabinoid receptors, termed CB1 and CB2. The CB1 receptor is expressed mainly in the brain (central nervous system or "CNS"), but also in the lungs, liver, and kidneys. The CB2 receptor is expressed mainly in the immune system and in hematopoietic cells. Pathways, however, can eventually slow down or even stop altogether, therefore compromising the holistic function of receptors in your own body. This, in turn, can affect how well you receive the medicine. CBD can slowly help heal those receptors."

3. Lifestyle- Any healthy regime, CBD included, works best in conjunction with a healthy, organic, real food, non-processed diet. It's that simple. CBD isn't magic. Essential oils aren't magic. You must use these extra things AFTER changing your unhealthy lifestyle. And don't forget to move either.

You can do it! It might seem difficult but you don't have to do it alone. Reach out to me and our community. We will be your cheering section!

What_is_CBD_grande1.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: How To Optimize CBD Oil Effects - 3 Keys To Success
Author: Erin Elizabeth
Photo Credit: None Found

Thank you for this list of CBD benefits - great summary for anyone getting started. I wrote this article on How to Take CBD Oil is my little contribution and I hope it helps those who like me are confused about the many theories around how to use CBD.

Back
Top Bottom