How To Paint Rigid Fiberglass Insulation?

kaivorth

Making an insulated grow box, I need to seal and paint the inside white for reflective and mildew resistant reasons. Any ideas on a way to do this relatively cheap?

I plan to mist the walls for humidity if I need to.

Making an insulated grow box, I need to seal and paint the inside white for reflective and mildew resistant reasons. Any ideas on a way to do this relatively cheap?

I plan to mist the walls for humidity if I need to.

How about covering them with Mylar or Panda Film?

How about covering them with Mylar or Panda Film?

I hear I'll have to keep using new sheets after every grow because it's fragile and whatnot. If that's not the case let me know and I'll just use that.

Panda film too expensive. Mylar would be okay if I wouldn't have to keep buying it after every grow

I hear I'll have to keep using new sheets after every grow because it's fragile and whatnot. If that's not the case let me know and I'll just use that.

Panda film too expensive. Mylar would be okay if I wouldn't have to keep buying it after every grow

I'm not sure why you would need to replace it. I put mine up in July and am just finishing up my first grow and I certainly have no plans on replacing it. As far as cost goes it seems like Panda Film was around $15 for way more than you will use initially but it's nice to have on hand. You'd be surprised how many times you'll be cutting off a chunk to use here and there. I put Mylar on the walls and ceiling and used a piece of the Panda Film as a door that I roll up between the veg and flower chambers at night. It is good sturdy material.
Good luck with which ever material you chose.....:thumb:

Hi Kaivorth,

I built my first set up using panels as you plan to do. They were about $13.00 each. I purchased 4 of them, plus lumber and screws, paint, paint supplies, expanding foam and caulk, and ended up spending about 300.00. After it did not work as well as I had hoped, I purchased a 48" x 48" x 80" grow tent, lined with mylar, for $80.00 with free shipping. Is there a reason you would rather make one than buy one?

Back
Top Bottom