How to ph properly!?

Mahlon

Ok so I've had many PH issues and I've narrowed my plants issues down from Pests issues, to Heat issues, to nuts issues, and figured out by process of elimination that my problems are due to PH problems thus creating a Lockout senario.

So I know how to check my waters PH and I know how to make my water go up or down with the PH up or down solution, however, the problem im having is once i've taken my clean tap water and tested it. It usually test right around 8.1. So to get this to be around 6.8 I PH down 1.3.

But what if the Runoff tested from my soil is measured around 4.5 or 5.0?? How do i get them to come back up to be around 6.8? Does this mean that I have to add PH UP to my already 8.1 water?

So if my soil measures at 4.5 , then to bring this to a 6.8 does this mean i would have to add PH up to 2.3? but then add this to my water which is already 8.1 so i would PH up to 10.4??

Am i doing this correctly??

Please advise, im so confused, and i know this is why my plants arent utilizing all their nutrients and why im getting some growth stunting !!

Mahlon

Ok so I've had many PH issues and I've narrowed my plants issues down from Pests issues, to Heat issues, to nuts issues, and figured out by process of elimination that my problems are due to PH problems thus creating a Lockout senario.

So I know how to check my waters PH and I know how to make my water go up or down with the PH up or down solution, however, the problem im having is once i've taken my clean tap water and tested it. It usually test right around 8.1. So to get this to be around 6.8 I PH down 1.3.

But what if the Runoff tested from my soil is measured around 4.5 or 5.0?? How do i get them to come back up to be around 6.8? Does this mean that I have to add PH UP to my already 8.1 water?

So if my soil measures at 4.5 , then to bring this to a 6.8 does this mean i would have to add PH up to 2.3? but then add this to my water which is already 8.1 so i would PH up to 10.4??

Am i doing this correctly??

Please advise, im so confused, and i know this is why my plants arent utilizing all their nutrients and why im getting some growth stunting !!

Mahlon

I'm not to sure but i do not believe that you would raise the pH for the run off to be what you want. Are you adjusting the PH before you ad nutrients? if so you would want to stop that and adjust after you add your nutrients to you water. If this is the case, I had the same issue and made these adjustments and everything started to look up. flush with PH balanced water and then start adjusting pH after you've mixed your nutes. Also, what type of soil are you using? I think if you flush with pH balanced water and then feed as directed by the nutrient labels you'll see the runoff pH level out.

Back
Top Bottom