How to protect outdoors plant from sunlight

Oful33

I'm looking for a cheap way to protect my lady from sun outdoors to set 12/12. I KNOW that I can't wait untill she starts flowering herself since september and october in my country often gets frost and are really cold and it snows sometimes. I have allready tried putting cardbox on her, but it's difficut to find that big box. Any advice?

Do you have any appliance stores in your area? They might have refrigerator, washer/dryer or dishwasher boxes to get rid of. Stack 'em up and tape them together with duck tape, fold the top and tape shut. Protect the boxes with plastic vapor barrier. :goodluck:

Do you have any appliance stores in your area? They might have refrigerator, washer/dryer or dishwasher boxes to get rid of. Stack 'em up and tape them together with duck tape, fold the top and tape shut. Protect the boxes with plastic vapor barrier. :goodluck:

I have allready tried boxes, and it's not only that I cant find big one, but I also cant fit big one in area I'm growing. I need something soft, like a bag, but not solid like a box. But thanks for reply. Any other ideas?

You could get a cheap tent and use the thin poles to build a frame, then drop a tarp over that and stake it to the ground?
50103902.jpg

Example of the frame you could make. Tents and tarps are pretty cheap now days.

I used a large 120 foot tarp to drape over my greenhouse for light dep. However it was a pain in the ass and I will not be doing it again.

for a single plant though just make a large box and put it over the plant.

Black heavy-duty bag would be the easiest, but fleece like that above seems very cool too!

fleece will not work. it lets light through.

You need dark colored plastic if you want a flexible material it will need to be at least 12 mils but about 20 mils is safer. If you take a flashlight and hold it right up to the material but it still see the light from the other side at all, then it will not work.

This is why outdoor growers often use containers instead of planting in the ground. It's mighty easy to drag your container plant into a dark place.
Whatever method you choose to cover you babies, beware of covering her in the summer sun. Can you imagine how hot a black plastic tent will get in the afternoon sun? Watch your temps closely. I realize you may live in a cool climate, but a black plastic tent would be a home-made solar oven!

depends on what strain u got as well..last year my delahaze and mega lemonistra both got frosted on both times due to early frost coming so i thought fkk they will die..i went up and checked and both them was fine..it frosted again the next nite and after that it seemed the buds that was on them got alot fatter then they was b4 the frost..frost will not hurt certain strains i have learned that from experience

depends on what strain u got as well..last year my delahaze and mega lemonistra both got frosted on both times due to early frost coming so i thought fkk they will die..i went up and checked and both them was fine..it frosted again the next nite and after that it seemed the buds that was on them got alot fatter then they was b4 the frost..frost will not hurt certain strains i have learned that from experience

I'm growing white widow. I red that she can survive in colder climates, but I don't think any plant could survive snow, or atleast it would be a huge problem and would slow her flowering.

I'm growing white widow. I red that she can survive in colder climates, but I don't think any plant could survive snow, or atleast it would be a huge problem and would slow her flowering.

ya i agree it would be hard to survive the snow..another great strain for handleing the cold is paradise sweet purple but im like u on the snow dont think they can take that lol

Back
Top Bottom