How to remove ash from fires: 1 week from harvest!

Jackiev

420 Member
3 weeks of ash from a nearby forest fire (7 miles away) have accumulated on my 4 plants.
I’ve tried using the blower,
Shaking it off but no luck.
Read some people wash the colas right after harvest - but since this is specifically ash I’m trying to remove, will the combo of ash and water cause problems or possibly burn the buds? Help!! Hope my first harvest isn’t all gone to waste! Thank you!

I just harvested some outdoor autos that were affected by the wildfire ash. My standard bud washing worked fine. There's a pretty long discussion on bud washing HERE .

Here's my personal practice (in case you don't want to read 100+ pages): Bucket #1 contains 1qt of 3% H2O2 and 3 gal of water. If you don't have mold, mildew, bud rot, or caterpillar poop, then you can skip this bucket.

Bucket #2: 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of baking soda mixed into 3 gal of water. This removes most of the dirt, dust, and ash.

Buckets #3 and #4: Fill a 5 gal bucket with fresh water for rinsing. I use water directly from my hose.

Dunk and swish for about 20-30 seconds in each bucket, and you're good to go. I just shake off the excess water and begin trimming while still wet. Makes trimming go more quickly because the scissors don't get mucked up with sticky trichome mess.

Here's a picture of a colas right after the wash. It looks pretty clean and it had a good amount of ash before hand.

I’ve actually just got Into bud washing this year. I’ve meant to try it for years but just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I finally did and it’s great. Smoke is much smoother too.

Back
Top Bottom