How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

Dr.Ziggy has been running some 12/12 from seed. I have also done it and it works very well.:thumb:

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

For those who may not be concerned about the legal issues of high plant counts, multi plant SOG works as well for larger yields.
There's always more than one way to skin a cat. :)

The other thing that I have found, don't go straight from your starter pot to your final pot. Go up gradually and let your rootball fill out the pot before moving up. I start in 10oz cups with my seeds or clones. Then move to 2 gallon pots, then to 3 gallon. Each move hase at least 2 or 3 weeks to fill out the rootball. Also, make sure they have veg time after the last transplant so the rootball will fill out the last pot. :peace:

what if you move it to a bigger pot as you put it in flower? Do the roots just not grow as vigorously?

Anytime you transplant it will cause some amount of transplant shock. Transplant shock will usually cause a plant to more or less become stagnant for about a week to 10 days until it settles in and resumes it normal hormonal activity. Doing this just before or during it's bloom cycle would create unnecessary stress that would best be avoided if possible.

That being said, I've done it before and the world didn't end....
:peace:

Anytime you transplant it will cause some amount of transplant shock. Transplant shock will usually cause a plant to more or less become stagnant for about a week to 10 days until it settles in and resumes it normal hormonal activity. Doing this just before or during it's bloom cycle would create unnecessary stress that would best be avoided if possible.

That being said, I've done it before and the world didn't end....
:peace:

My experience is that the root ball seems to not grow as much in flower. I had 1 plant that I had to transplant in early flower that had gotten root bound. After transplant the plant did much better and I got a decent yield. But when I pulled the root ball, It had not expanded solidly to the edges of the pot and it was about 5 weeks more in flower in the bigger pot. :peace:

I was checking one of my clones that I put into flower about 2 weeks ago that I just put right into flower after transplant, I can see in the drainage holes that new white roots are emerging and it had a substantial root ball when I transplanted to it. I haven't read much about this but do some growers transplant again in flower? I'm guessing having as much of your soil filled out with roots is a good thing and if you see the roots creeping out so quickly, would you transplant again or just hope the roots spin in the container as best as they can?

ok. Best advice please. Which Mars product would be best for 5'x5' closet? Thinking of ditching the tent after a successful harvest upcoming months and using the whole closet space

Anyone with a 5'x5' please post your setup ;)

Hello iseckz, MarsII1600w will be good for 5'x5' and 4pcs MarsII400w will be the best. :Namaste:
ok. Best advice please. Which Mars product would be best for 5'x5' closet? Thinking of ditching the tent after a successful harvest upcoming months and using the whole closet space

Anyone with a 5'x5' please post your setup ;)

Hello iseckz, MarsII1600w will be good for 5'x5' and 4pcs MarsII400w will be the best. :Namaste:
I have a 4x4x7. I currently have a g8450 and a magled 350 that i am getting rid of and replacing it with Mars 2 700 doing scrogg. I prefer two lights then one big one. complete coverage. Just order the Mars 2 700 will get it tomorrow. My magnum has bleached my leaves for the last time.

sounds neat. I'll follow your journal if you open one up, i still have 2 months before i use the whole closet space. Post pics when your lights came in. Also two 700 would draw how much off the wall? one 1600 = 700-760 true watts i think
I have a 4x4x7. I currently have a g8450 and a magled 350 that i am getting rid of and replacing it with Mars 2 700 doing scrogg. I prefer two lights then one big one. complete coverage. Just order the Mars 2 700 will get it tomorrow. My magnum has bleached my leaves for the last time.

I will post some picks at the end of this grow. I have 2 Trainwrecks and 2 Skywalker Og in my tent and 2 white widows outside/inside.

IMG_20150923_121107598.jpg
IMG_20150923_121115220.jpg
IMG_20150923_121138032.jpg
These have 3 weeks give or take.

:circle-of-love: iseckz, the draw power of single 700w is 320~325w under 110v and that of single 1600w is 740~750w udner 110v. 2pcs 700w will draw 640~650w. :love:
Also two 700 would draw how much off the wall? one 1600 = 700-760 true watts i think

Bud im not defending anyone here BUT mars 2 can grow monster buds and go deep into the plant canopy.... as much as a 600hps? No but the terpenes and thc glands made from mars 2 leds absolutely destroys hps period. Ive grown with both in the same space under the same conditions and same strain... all this bs about calmag def cause of led is a load of crap... i just pulled down 16 ounces from a 1msq tent with a mars led. If you want something decent you have to pretty much match watts from led to hps. So dont throw led under the bus cause its still a good light

Back
Top Bottom