How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

:cheer:you are welcome, arteekay. Hope you will love them!:cheer:
Hi SmokeSara,

I thought I'd let you know that I've placed the order for the tent and 900w, thanks for your help and quick responses here.

Can't wait to get them both in and fired up.

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

One of the reasons I haven't purchased one is because I can't seem to get past all the misinformation and truth in the marketing. I'm sure it is a great product but the business model is a bit off.....

You have no idea how prophetic this was. I should not have ignored the warning bells.

Hello.First time posting.Didn't know where to ask this but I'll give this thread a shot.I own 9 of the marsII lights 4 700's,3 900's and 2 1200's have had these for a few years now.So many chips are burn't out now that 3 of my lights have no chips left in themI have pirated the chips to keep my others going.Down to colors I don't want.Can someone please tell me where I can find GOOD replacement chips for these.Tried various but no luck.Want 6500,2700 and 660.Please help,don't wanna throw em away,have had good results with these lights when working.Thank you

For some reason I haven't been able to get a response from them lately.I have in the past.They have replaced power supplies and chips before but now I just want to buy chips.I have emailed twice,no response.Looking for an outside source of chips.May just convert these to COB lights if I can't get chips.Thank you for the response

:circle-of-love: Hi oberg, could you send directly to the email info@mars-hydro.com ? Don't forget to tell me you are oberg from 420. Then I will know it's you. We will work thi sout.:Namaste:
Hello.First time posting.Didn't know where to ask this but I'll give this thread a shot.I own 9 of the marsII lights 4 700's,3 900's and 2 1200's have had these for a few years now.So many chips are burn't out now that 3 of my lights have no chips left in themI have pirated the chips to keep my others going.Down to colors I don't want.Can someone please tell me where I can find GOOD replacement chips for these.Tried various but no luck.Want 6500,2700 and 660.Please help,don't wanna throw em away,have had good results with these lights when working.Thank you

:circle-of-love: hi oberg, if not at weekends, we will respond within 24 hours. Could you try to send us another email again? Abd our chips are only for repair purpose. We don't sell chips seperately. Sorry about this..
For some reason I haven't been able to get a response from them lately.I have in the past.They have replaced power supplies and chips before but now I just want to buy chips.I have emailed twice,no response.Looking for an outside source of chips.May just convert these to COB lights if I can't get chips.Thank you for the response

This is terrifying to me, as although I've only had the MarsII 900 for a few days it's an older model. Any guess to how long it actually ran for you?

:circle-of-love: Hi oberg, could you send directly to the email info@mars-hydro.com ? Don't forget to tell me you are oberg from 420. Then I will know it's you. We will work thi sout.:Namaste:

I got the same comment, to make sure I let you know that I was someone from 420 when I placed my order. I'm not sure what value providing that information to you was. I expected something from providing that info, even if it was just a sticker, pin, some kind of swag. All it seemed to do was allow you to link my account here with a shipping address and phone number.

I was quoted full retail, misinformed about the actual model I would receive, mistakenly shipped two instead of one, then asked to pay for the return shipping and I would be refunded. I offered to purchase it less the shipping that I didn't ask for and your return shipping cost, I was then quoted a price above retail. When I balked at both suggestions, my phone number (given on the promise it was only for delivery purposes) was used and my privacy was potentially violated.

:circle-of-love: Hi arteekay, so sorry about the bad experience you had from us and the misunderstanding. The retail at our website is for US customers not for customers from other countries. And we have promised to send you the shipping fee in advance if you are willing to help to ship it back after you have refused to pay in advance.:Namaste: The phone call is from our staff just in the hope of clarifying all the misunderstanding. The phone call also stops after you said that you don't like it that way. :circle-of-love: Hope we can work this out soon. It seems we are already on the way. :thanks:
This is terrifying to me, as although I've only had the MarsII 900 for a few days it's an older model. Any guess to how long it actually ran for you?

I got the same comment, to make sure I let you know that I was someone from 420 when I placed my order. I'm not sure what value providing that information to you was. I expected something from providing that info, even if it was just a sticker, pin, some kind of swag. All it seemed to do was allow you to link my account here with a shipping address and phone number.

I was quoted full retail, misinformed about the actual model I would receive, mistakenly shipped two instead of one, then asked to pay for the return shipping and I would be refunded. I offered to purchase it less the shipping that I didn't ask for and your return shipping cost, I was then quoted a price above retail. When I balked at both suggestions, my phone number (given on the promise it was only for delivery purposes) was used and my privacy was potentially violated.

Thanks sara I will try an email again.I'm going to need a couple hundred chips,any suggestions? For the record,I have had no complaints about mars-hydro except communication at times.In my opinion the older mars don't last as long but if you drill holes in the power supply covers that really helps them from overheating(current models allready have that done).My last 900 is over a year old and no problems and grows a very nice product.The reflector lights are very nice lights with no problems,not heavy hitters but can grow a very nice product.Start your lights high and let the girls grow to em.Seems to work for me

:circle-of-love: Hi arteekay, so sorry about the bad experience you had from us and the misunderstanding. The retail at our website is for US customers not for customers from other countries. And we have promised to send you the shipping fee in advance if you are willing to help to ship it back after you have refused to pay in advance.:Namaste: The phone call is from our staff just in the hope of clarifying all the misunderstanding. The phone call also stops after you said that you don't like it that way. :circle-of-love: Hope we can work this out soon. It seems we are already on the way. :thanks:

I thought it wildly inappropriate to be asked to pay for the shipping, I should have received a shipping label where all I have to do is call for the pickup. Alternatively, I did offer to save you the shipping cost, but you wanted to charge me for it if I purchased the extra light.

The phone call should not have happened. We have nearly 100 emails off this exchange, at no time was I unresponsive save for the time zone differences. If I hadn't answered the phone call, you would have told an unknown individual that I have some business with Ruby from Mars-Hydro. This is not the discretion advertised on your website.

And finally, you haven't answered my question. What value there was in allowing you to connect my user account here with my real name, phone number and shipping address? There appeared to be no value to me in disclosing this information and in fact is a fairly significant security concern.

Hi,

Is a box of 1.60 meter high (5 feet) too short for 5 W leds ?

I was comparing the Mars Pro Epistar 160 (5W / 60 cm from canopee) to a GreenSun TL6 324 watt (3W / 30 cm from canopee)

I can get a plant of 90/100 cm with the GreenSun, vs 60 / 70 cm only with the Mars Pro.
I need 25 / 30 centimeters for the filters and stuff hanging, heat etc.
+ the distance of the light from canopee = 90 cm with Mars, 60 cm with GreenSun.

It looks like my box is too short for 5W leds and I should go to 3W leds ?

Thank you for your help!

PS: it is a bit difficult to transpose the math of the first post in metric system, ... at the moment at least , hehe :)

i will do autoflos with it first, and LST does not work as well. The thing is that, if I buy leds, I prefer to be able to do taller plants than what I can do now with CFL for example.

I see the Mars reflector is 3watt and also recommends 60 cm from canopee, like the 5W leds.

It doesn't really make sense , does it ?

I see...
I think that Mars Hydro should make optional diffusers to reduce the distance of the mix in smaller rigs. well, just an idea :Namaste:

:circle-of-love: Hi arteekay, we didn't ask you to pay for the shipping. At no events is it appropriate. And we will also pay in advance. We hope you can help us to ship it back. As you said, you want shipping lable and pick-up. As we are in China, we couldn't arrange it at your country's post website. Even though Ruby has told you the situation and literally begged you to help her out(it's her fault), you still refused her and wouldn't ship out the light. I don't know whether it's inappropriate or not. I will not judge. She has been driven to the corner. Then she had to ask the favor from other people in your countries who could arrange the pick-up and shipping lable. Finally she got the luck to find someone who is willing to help her. And arteekay, please don't worry, we are very professional in handling with the private information. We care it much more than you. Ruby then asked for your permission and you have accused of her disclosing your information. We don't disclose it. Please trust us as we trust you. :Namaste:
I thought it wildly inappropriate to be asked to pay for the shipping, I should have received a shipping label where all I have to do is call for the pickup. Alternatively, I did offer to save you the shipping cost, but you wanted to charge me for it if I purchased the extra light.

The phone call should not have happened. We have nearly 100 emails off this exchange, at no time was I unresponsive save for the time zone differences. If I hadn't answered the phone call, you would have told an unknown individual that I have some business with Ruby from Mars-Hydro. This is not the discretion advertised on your website.

And finally, you haven't answered my question. What value there was in allowing you to connect my user account here with my real name, phone number and shipping address? There appeared to be no value to me in disclosing this information and in fact is a fairly significant security concern.

hey there eveyrone. im looking for advice on upgarding my setup.
my space is 2x3 feet, 5 feet height.
ive got 1 marshydro 96x3 in the room hung up length wise across the length of the room.

im considering buying another 96x3 (or their current 96x5), and hanging both of them width wise, to get an even coverage of the whole room.

any other ideas? perhaps to mix with hps, or cfls instead?

thnks

Could you use (2 ) of the mars led light to cover more of a 4×4 area?? If so which watts? What about a 5×5 area, which mars led would cover the area? ? Or which (2) would cover the 5×5 area

Back
Top Bottom