How to seperate roots?

Bangabong

Hi all! First time poster here at 420. I am in my first full blown DWC hydro grow, and I have a question about removing males from my grow. I recently switched to 12/12 lighting and one of my plants is a male and needs to be removed. The plants have very large healthy roots, but they have become so intertwined that I am unable to remove the male plant. I have cut out all of the branches on the male plant just leaving a short stalk that is attached to a large root ball. How do I remove the root ball without damaging the other plants roots?

Bummer 227 views and not one suggestion or recommendation. I am a little surprised to say the least. Think I will just leave the stalks with a few leaves so they will not die and make the roots rot, and contaminate the other roots.....unless someone has a better suggestion B>}

You can't without causing severe stress to your ladies. That's why no one wanted to answer. :laughtwo:
I like your idea, I seriously doubt anyone has a better solution than that. Keep an eye out for male flowers though.
Don't want to let your dro turn into shwag. Lol.
Keep 'em green! :Namaste:

Thanks for your reply LordofDanknis, it is appreciated. I did this grow with some seeds that I found stashed in an old medicine bottle. Evidently I saved them about 8 to 10 years ago. Since I was waiting on some seeds to arrive and I was impatient to begin my new adventures with DWC hydro growing, I germinated them and walla I have 4 huge ladies over taking my grow closet. I have bent and tied the tops so many times it looks like modern sculpture. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom