How to start a New thread and not Hijack others

matt2180

Self control is hard for a few people, could you at least TRY to stay on the topic of the Threads you decide to talk in or if ya can't start a new one? It's not hard to do, you look at the title, and that's the topic of the thread, but as a NEW member I'd be happy to show anybody how to do it since it seems most can't figure it out. I started a new Thread because I thought it would be something everybody could use a refresher on. There's a Button at the top of the threads, to the left, that says, NEW THREAD, Click on that, put a title that describes what you wanna talk about, and then go at it. Just thought I'd let ya know about making new threads because taking over a thread that has almost nothing to do with the topic is kinda disrespectful. Yeah, Respect on the Interweb haha, what have we come to? This is actually addressed to EVERYbody that goes into a thread and goes off topic. I'd name names, but It's not hard to figure out which topic I was in that got hijacked. Whew, I really need a j so I could care less about this, but it is what it is. So just to be straight, the topic of this thread is how to stay on topic. :goodluck:

The 1980's tv mini-series Shogun was entertaining. Do you agree?

You have a valid point, but I'm too immature to resist. Hope you get your hands on that j.:goodluck:

Self control is hard for a few people, could you at least TRY to stay on the topic of the Threads you decide to talk in or if ya can't start a new one? It's not hard to do, you look at the title, and that's the topic of the thread, but as a NEW member I'd be happy to show anybody how to do it since it seems most can't figure it out. I started a new Thread because I thought it would be something everybody could use a refresher on. There's a Button at the top of the threads, to the left, that says, NEW THREAD, Click on that, put a title that describes what you wanna talk about, and then go at it. Just thought I'd let ya know about making new threads because taking over a thread that has almost nothing to do with the topic is kinda disrespectful. Yeah, Respect on the Interweb haha, what have we come to? This is actually addressed to EVERYbody that goes into a thread and goes off topic. I'd name names, but It's not hard to figure out which topic I was in that got hijacked. Whew, I really need a j so I could care less about this, but it is what it is. So just to be straight, the topic of this thread is how to stay on topic. :goodluck:
Yeah thanks for mentioning this. It's so annoying when I'm seeking a solution to the original post about the subject and then I have to go through pages and pages to find if the subject ever got back on track for the answer.

Well if this start new thread button is there Im yet to find it, can only see reply to thread. Want some help on growing but don't wanna hijack anyone else's thread so any help appreciated...

I can see now i don't have permission to start new threads. Can Anyone tell me why this is? Have only just registered so is there some sort of time delay?? Maybe this is the reason some posts get hijacked....

Well if this start new thread button is there Im yet to find it, can only see reply to thread. Want some help on growing but don't wanna hijack anyone else's thread so any help appreciated...

Hi Hazy :ciao: Welcome to :420:

If you would like to introduce yourself to the community, you can post a new thread on the introduction forum:

Introduce Yourself
- there is a black, rounded rectangle in the upper left corner called "Post new Thread"

And if you go here, to Journals in progress and click this black, rounded rectangle,

you will be able to start a Grow Journal.

This is the best way to get help and grow support.

I can see now i don't have permission to start new threads. Can Anyone tell me why this is? Have only just registered so is there some sort of time delay?? Maybe this is the reason some posts get hijacked....

You should be able to post a new thread.

Please try again :thumb:

:goodluck:

Hi Hazy :ciao: Welcome to :420:

If you would like to introduce yourself to the community, you can post a new thread on the introduction forum:

Introduce Yourself
- there is a black, rounded rectangle in the upper left corner called "Post new Thread"

And if you go here, to Journals in progress and click this black, rounded rectangle,

you will be able to start a Grow Journal.

This is the best way to get help and grow support.

You should be able to post a new thread.

Please try again :thumb:

:goodluck:

Thank you for the quick reply, permissions have changed and I can post new threads, have found the tab now, can only think it was delayed as I said. Scrolled further down as suggested in another post and found it, will have some pics up soon as haven't found the answers elsewhere, maybe u can help me and thanks again :thumb:

Hi, I am also a newly registered member and cant seem to find the "Start New Thread" button OR how to Introduce myself to the community. Any help you can give would be wonderful. I am about 4-5 weeks into flowering two mother plants and have some questions I could really use help from the community about. Please help! Thanks in advance

Here is the Introduce Yourself section of 420 Magazine, press the "Post New Thread" button at the bottom left

Introduce Yourself

Here is everything you should need to know to start a grow journal

How to Make a Grow Journal

This is the forum where you create the grow journal, press the "Post New Thread" button at the bottom left

Journals in Progress

Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Here is the Frequently Asked Questions section

Frequently Asked Questions

Back
Top Bottom