How To Take Clones

Step by step guide to taking clones.

1. Fill up a bucket with fresh water. Put a few drops of veg nutrients, I also use a few drops of liquid karma and roots excellerator (50-75 ppm) and pH balance to 5.6.

20170607_130112.jpg

2. Put Rockwool cubes in. If possible, throw and air stone in there to keep the water oxygenated. Let sit for a minimum of 2 hours (24hrs with airstones and pump going is best) to allow the pH of the rockwool change.

20170607_130400.jpg

3. Ever so gently, squeeze the cubes, going with the grain to remove a tiny bit of water so it doesn't fill the bottom of the tray when all of them are in there.

20170607_143110.jpg

4. Roll one up and get your mother plant, scalpel, scissors, and rooting hormone together. I use clone-x gel, I like the coating factor, prevents the dreaded air bubble!

20170607_144725.jpg

5. I prefer to trim the tips of the leaves off while it's still on the plant, as opposed to after the clone is cut, less time outside of the rooting gel.

20170607_143751.jpg

6. Take the cutting with your scissors, right below a node. It's pretty crucial it gets a node to root out of, in my experience.

20170607_144155.jpg

7. Take the scalpel and at a diagonal angle cut through the node and out the otherside. Immediately dip into the rooting gel. Don't lag on it. (The reason I didn't get a picture of this step) make sure it's a clean cut with no excess tissue hanging on that could potentially rot.

8. If the cutting is as fat as the hole in the cube, then use it. Otherwise, stick the cutting into the cube where it can get an air-tight seal all the way down. Don't punch through the bottom.

20170607_154651.jpg

9. Make sure the clone dome is sealed up, no FAE (fresh air exchange). FAE should occur when roots are showing. Its ok to open it up and mist once a day. Mist the dome, mist the leaves but don't soak them. Put the clone dome under a veg light. Check moisture of cubes, don't let them dry out. Give them 50-75 ppm of veg nutes, pH balanced to 5.6, just a little in the bottom of the tray for the cubes to absorb.

20170607_151751.jpg

A heat mat may be necessary if your growing space is cold. Heating the bottom of the tray to 85f decreass rooting time, greatly. If theyre too cold, they won't root. Heat and humidity are your friends in this. Keep the leaves stimulates with your veg light 18/6 and roots should show in just over a week, sometimes quicker, sometimes slower, but I never hit under 99% rooted.

Hope this helps!
Much love and respect.
Sphnx

This plant is in veg, under 18 hour light, just showing her sex. I've had success with clones taken week 4 of flower, it's hard to get them to root, but it can happen. It just takes them a while to revert after rooting.

This plant is in veg, under 18 hour light, just showing her sex. I've had success with clones taken week 4 of flower, it's hard to get them to root, but it can happen. It just takes them a while to revert after rooting.

That sounds like an I wouldnt bother which is excatly what I was thinkin

That sounds like an I wouldnt bother which is excatly what I was thinkin

If it's a last ditch effort because you realized a phenotype is absolute fire, or its a mislabeled strain that ends up to be super dank... it's always worth a shot.

I have a forum on here thought LMAO cloning for dummies somebody has challenged me on here to run clones in just a cup of water and they are going to run bears in peat pellets and see who survival rate is higher stop by if you want to watch

You would have to say the word challenge, I need to see excatly how to make the cut at the node please
420-magazine-mobile1965014214.jpg

I have a scalpel

If it roots I'm gonna try to grow it in a redneck hydro setup.
420-magazine-mobile1906922082.jpg

I gonna plant it in the filter/pump reservior.

Back
Top Bottom