How To - The SCROG Method

Hey gairbud nice to meet ya. I definitely have the passion to grow. I am disabled and I am very depressed. I just started growing and it has turned into my one and only hobby. I've been looking for a hobby a long time and nothing has caught my eye more than growing. I am infatuated. I wake up and go to bed every day thinking of different topics I can look up on the internet to make my grow the very best for what I am using. I will be the nerd in the front row with his hand up asking as many questions as I can, so yes I am that 1 percent that is teachable. By the way this has helped with my depression tremendously and I don't even smoke. I am doing it out of pure excitement and it gives me an adrenaline rush which is something that has been lacking in my life. I can't wait for the next day to come so that I can see the change. This has actually given me a reason to live so as long as I am alive I will be growing and seeking the knowledge it takes to grow the best product that I can and with you on my side the sky's not the limit. By the way meeting you has just made my life even better. I look forward to communicating with you in the future, 420 forever, eebwen.

My scrog is very bushy and the big fan leaves are blocking new growth underneath. Should I trim the fan leaves and how?
KINDLE_CAMERA_1422713364000.jpg

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing great. Can someone please tell me or direct me to a forum or link on how to concentrate all my plants energy into producing some fine bud. Thanks

sorry eebwen ,I will try and help u out the best I can.i personally wouldn't cut a leaf off at this point.i would keep training those tops around and up thru the screen.is this plant in flower now,if it isn't ,it would be a good time to start.try bending the leaf downwards at the stem,if they break I would not do it.but all in all if you feel you must remove the leafs do so a little at a time,like one a day or every other day.the leafs are like batteries and somewhat like a factory.they store and help metabolize the nutrientsas as well as chlorphyll which allows plants to turn light into energy.and when dealing with smaller plants as it looks you are,you wouldn't want to remove to many.
0051801.JPG
as you can see here there are no leaves removed I just keep tucking them under the net .with your lower branches that are not upto the screen yet ,you want to keep just the top growing portion of each branch.this means you will have to remove all of the nodes below it all the way to the main stem.as you are bending and training everything all ready at the screen ,the lower branches will start to stretch and try to catch up .if by week 2 end the lower branches haven't caught up to with in a few inches of the screen or are just no way in hell gonna get a drop of light then you may want to cut it off,so that the plant may focus its energy on the budsites that are worthy.trying to explain this is really hard,have you tried youtube,and gairbud made a comment about the cannabis bible download that is free at this site.gairbud also gives a few other helpful tips in his post above.goodluck and if I can help just keep posting here,and I am sure that someone if not myself will help as best as we can

urdaddy, thanks for the reply and info. That pic was taken Feb 9. This is an updated pic taken today. Please let me know what you think.
KINDLE_CAMERA_1423046821000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1423046821000.jpg
Should I start to flower? My first scrog grow.

Blueberry headband: In veg state

CFL grow: 1- 2700k 150 watt
2- 6400k 100 watt
Light producing 24,000 lumens @ 4 inches away from plant. The lumen info comes from a light meter app downloaded to my device.

yes do it now,wwith the lights you have, you would want to keep the canopy about 12-16 inches max above the screen.and your screen is already pretty much full.you normally would want to start the plant in flower right when she is right below the screen.when they are flipped to flower ,most strains can stretch up to three times there overall height .

by the way the plant looks absolutely beautiful,is it from seed.and have you ever sampled or grown this stran before,as I am lookin at that strain from emerald triangle,to add to my nursery

Urdaddy, thanks for the info and the compliment on the plant. This is actually my second grow but first scrog. This strain is awesome as far as a second time grower can tell. She grows fast, rebounds quickly from being topped and fimmed and pruned. I'm sure in your more capable hands and expertise she would be even more beautiful. This is my first time growing this strain and it is from seed, blueberry headband, femonized. Any advice on my lighting when I switch to flower? I will keep you updated throughout the flower with more pics. Peace

ur welcome ,u have a green thumb and don't know it yet,my second grow looked nothing like what you are showin.as far as advice for lighting,what exactly are u askin.i am more than happy to see you thru.

My question is on my lighting. I have 2.18 square ft. I am currently running 350 watts of cfl. 1-150 watt, 2700k bulb and 2-100 watt 6400k bulbs. I used this throughout my entire grow to this point. I just switched over to flower per your advice and I'm wondering what changes I should make to the lights for flowering? I know I need to add more light as you can tell the plant is overtaking the light. Have you any cfl experience for an entire grow as this is all I'll be using is cfl's? Should I be using 350 watts per foot and if so what 2700k to 6400k ratio? Also I just started using organic unsulfured Blackstrap molasses for flowering. Peace

I have only one cfl flower under my belt,and it was usin a t5 fixture 8 bulb.i would keep what u have and add maybe two more 2700 k 150 watt bulbs.for a total of 650 watts.I would if u can put a light at each corner of the trellis and one in the middle like five on a dice.starting with more blue or 6400 k range for the first two weeks will help intermodal spacing and stretch.while adding more red,after the two week mark will offer better trich devolpment, better taste.the key is providing a full spectrum with highlights in the specific color ranges (6400k,2700k).also the more points of light to achieve the same wattage is better than one light that is same wattage. u must consider heat builup also,sacrificing the enviromentals (temps,humidity)for more light can have a negative effect as well.u could also do a four bulb near the corners with two 150 watt 2700ks,and 2 100 watt 6400ks.u can also switch to all red if u wanted the last three weeks.as far as the blackstrap molasses-it is good stuff but use it sparingly.what type of fert regimen are u using at this time?are u using organic-or chems.I use blackstrap mol. in my weekly brewed teas on all my plants.remeber the more light the better-to an extent,u want to b able to keep enviromentals in check.let us know what u do

Thanks for the info i want to start a scrog grow.

Your a SAINT !
Thank You in advanced for what i am sure to learn by reading your Journals and asking questions when I have them.

I am doing my first Scrog with two Jock Horror auto's , being its a Sativa/Indica cross I expect/hoping on having them fill the 2x4 3" sq wire rack frame. I am almost ready to install.

The plants are 4 weeks into its 11 week expected life span with 6 sets of true leaves. Yesterday in preparation for the Scrog I topped the plants, Today I removed Fan leaves exposing the Branches.

I raised my LED panels from 12" to 18" while the branches leaves acclimate to the Light.

I read in your post that you can put it under the wire any time after the the 5th set of true leaves , which is reassuring.
I am planning to lay the Scrog Rack down after the tender leaves harden in say 3 days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know if I am missing something , I welcome tips / insight.

Fan leaves removed
4_weeks_old_024.JPG

12 to 18 inches if you dont have 10feet of height.
1]age dosent matter if you true leaf is at set 5 or more,
or
2] from clone can go to 18 to 20 inches,
or
3] age of mother has started alternate node structure.
or
4] if your plant count is small you can stem split and spread out the shoots[leaders] and go for north,west,east,south, budding sites. no one here talks about n.s.e.w. growing.
keeping all your tops at even height is critcal as they will all think they are main stem and grow big, you just have to have the best lighting and the best sub base[root area] for max yeild. nutes dont really matter all of them out there are good, IT IS HOW YOU USE IT FOR THE STRAIN AND ENVIRONMENT YOU GROW IN. the best easy forgiving one is by general hydroponics, flora series, it works great for hydro,soil,soiless, or any type of system. or if money an issue then use miracle grow, thats stuff is cheep and highley concentrated, just never NEVER,never, use nute formulas that say 1] time release, 2] self adjusting ph. THATS ALL CRAP ,IT IS A SALES PITCH. if hydro stores and online companys wanted you to grow the best shit ever, THEN WHY DIDNT THEY SELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED AT FIRST. they want you to come back and buy more shit.microbes are very very very important, so dont belief if they tell you it has everything in it. they are lieng, it cant be done, why, some of those critters eat each other up , the best shit is a combo of microbes, fox farm micro brew,then add, gh sub culture m, and gh sub culture b, gh=general hydroponics, PLANTS AS THEY GROW NEED DIEFERENT PH AND DIFERENT NUTRIENTS DURING THERE LIFE CYCLE, UNTILL YOU BEEN GROWING THE SAME STRAIN FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS ,YOU AINT A MASTER GROWER, AND DONT QUALIFY TO TEACH GROWING TO ANYONE, I BEEN GROWING OVER 42 YEARS, evry type of system in, out, everything i manage right now 88 grows in california and have started 1000's of grows in my life, i dont know anyone in this industry that has done that, it takes me 3min to read a daily log 1 week journal teach and train my growers, by crop 3 they got it wired and i rarely have to do anything. this site has a book you can down load for free called cannabis bible, i susgest everyone down load it, it is 99% correct, read and study it like your life depended on it. it will help you learn from your plants what your plants are trying to tell you. anyone can grow supper bad ass shit if they have passion for it. they only need to love the plant as much as i do. and then it is very easy to teach them, [THIS IS THE BEST SITE TO LEARN AT.] THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD GROWERS HERE. there are alot of fakes too, lol, with that bible and some soil and a pot and water and light you can grow a bad ass plant just useing that bible alone with out any ones help. you just need the passion and forget all the crap on the internet. if you have a specif question just email me and ill show you how to do a daily log and weekly journal that is so easy i can teach you in 3 grows how to beat anyone here on this site. just pay attention and have the passion. everything is easy. sya grow help in the subject line, and ask your questions in this forum and it goes to my email. when i get a chance ill answer. i dont ignore anyone, i am just very busy helping people all week, i read journals on sunday and monday, and if we becomes friends you can text or call if you have major issues. i will teach you how to give me the info i need to see to be able to find where you went wrong at. most likely it is a ph issue 90% of the time. thats how lock outs occur . all the other problems are preventative and fixable.have fun keep growing. heres the numbers. 70% of smokers will never grow, out of the 30% that remain only 1% have the passion. only because they are teachable. people pay me a lot of money just to sit and talk with me before i give them any info,and sign a contract. i do how ever help alot of people for free. like people here on 420mag. :]

Your doing just fine i will upload how i do scrogs for small to large industrial and comercial grows.
Most of what i put on here[420mag] is for small home growers who have some space to grow for them selfs and thier small group of pot heads. Lol, i love stoner people, and most growers are ok lmao.

Nice , Thanks.

I still have not put the Scrog screen down , I decided to wait until the branches grow up to level with the top.
They are getting there , my guess is 1 more week before the bottom branches level up.

So far I have only topped each plants main top.
35 days

P3100089.JPG

I bleached some leaves last week when the plants grew to close to the light.
I was keeping them at 12-14" now I keep them at 15-16 inches.

No signs of flower Yet (thankfully)

Large Grow Scrog help

Your doing just fine i will upload how i do scrogs for small to large industrial and comercial grows.
Most of what i put on here[420mag] is for small home growers who have some space to grow for them selfs and thier small group of pot heads. Lol, i love stoner people, and most growers are ok lmao.

I am in Oregon and in process of setting up huge grow in most of my 7k sq ft barn, plus some additional greenhouse.
I have ran smaller warehouse with 30 lights setup before but now going to switch to scrog and obviously up the light count.

Any help can give would be great. I have ran sunshine in past, but leaning towards switching to Tupor.
If you want to chat on phone sometime, let me know.
Thanks in advance.

There's a lot of great information here. My only problem is I'm not using HPS or MH. I'm using LED only. This is how I have my tent and scrog setup. The light is 11 inches from the canopy. The net isn't doing anything yet because my girls aren't big enough for a training bra yet. So it's in there but it's loose and adjustable so I can put it where I need it when the time comes.

Any advice on light distance with LED's?
455c27c4d085f99378ec314910fdcb8d.jpg
f619152e02d93601542b7354bbb5d5b7.jpg
485b52ea0773275a538dbbb4808661af.jpg

Also, I built my scrog for less that 20 bucks at home depot. The squares are adjustable because of the way I tied them. I can make them as big as six inches or as small as 2 allowing me more freedom in choosing where my plants surface to get light. Here's how I did it.
f97971d7eb21e99353aff63097bc1f38.jpg
58e9eaa4671404c2d0aeaa9da9874e2d.jpg
238be6dc6411dbd294bd91ca03c2f9ee.jpg
f7eac4e3ca947d4e97e5f12fb944ec68.jpg

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using 420

Back
Top Bottom