How To - The SCROG Method

My scrog is very bushy and the big fan leaves are blocking new growth underneath. Should I trim the fan leaves and how?
KINDLE_CAMERA_1422713364000.jpg

I have this coffee table, how did you put this together?
I have three spaces for three plants I want to make like in the pic
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm going a different route The end tables are taller than the coffee table I have
I was gonna try it because one of the glass sections shattered

420-magazine-mobile854481712.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1863824356.jpg

Just put this together for my next go around in a few weeks. Just over $10 at the depot. My current grow showed me that a scrog would work amazing with the pheno of White Widow i have so I'm gonna give it a try.

Finishing up my second scrog. I think I'm making a mistake by topping & FIM early in veg. I was thinking this produced more side sprouts. That may be the case but the center of the screen doesn't seem to get as full as the perimeter. I'm pruning because I'm concerned the plant will go ape-shit during the stretch period and I run out of screen. I'm in a confined grow, 18" X 36". As a rule, does anyone practice any of these pruning methods?

Don't know how i missed this thread.... Looks like it was going to be a good finish..... The only trimming i do is topping at about 10 inches with a 12"-14" high screen.... Tucker: Go back to Scottyballs, page 8, good example how there are colas that come off those 8 or ten lead branchs ... You've limited your screen by only flowering the main branches terminal growth.. Scotty flowers those growing off the main branches, and uses them to fill the center... page 7 shows the same shot before cleaning out under the screen....

Apology to the OP, thought i was posting on another thread.... Someone should take my keyboard away from me when i get this baked...
:Namaste:

I know there havent been any recent posts on this thread but I'd like to know any recommendations for a tent dimensions about 2.5x2.5 and about 6 ft by height maybe a little taller. I have a 8 bulb fluorescent lamp. I want to do SCROG but i dont know how many plants at a time I should so with those measurements. Maybe 2 at a time?

I know there havent been any recent posts on this thread but I'd like to know any recommendations for a tent dimensions about 2.5x2.5 and about 6 ft by height maybe a little taller. I have a 8 bulb fluorescent lamp. I want to do SCROG but i dont know how many plants at a time I should so with those measurements. Maybe 2 at a time?

For a SCROG set up the goal is to achieve tons of horizontal branching and lateral growth for a 2.5x2.5 you could either try and set up a SCROG of 2 plants but it would work best with one. SCROG performed under optimal conditions ( lighting ,right ph, ventilation, proper soil) can produce a 2lb plant.

I have found chicken wire to be the best scrog screen material. You can get real aggressive training and not worry about the screen moving around.

What are your opinions on a 2x4x5 tent? Can I fit 2 plants comfortably? SJ has a 2x4 screen. Thinkin bout droppin 2 DP Think Diff Autos..

I just finished an un-documented grow with autos for the first time and am not pleased with the results.
I am not blaming the seeds or the hardware but my lack of experience with:
1) first time using top drip feeding with a reservoir
2) only LST training
3) Feeding flowering vs Bloom nutrients.
4) 4 plants were fighting for space.

I am going to stick to 2 nice big scrog trained plants in my 2x4 space, and keep my quality high.
while upping my pot size to 5 Gal. and I will document for 420 MAG friends.

Back
Top Bottom