How To - The SCROG Method

Oh yea, me too.
I've never heard of a scrog grow with autos. What was total time, germination to cut? Veg vs bloom nutes, did that delay flowering? I believe yield is always lower with autos, so don't beat yourself up too bad.

Oh yea, me too.
I've never heard of a scrog grow with autos. I believe yield is always lower with autos, so don't beat yourself up too bad.

Tucker, you don't get out much, do you! LOL. There are scrog grows with autos all over 420 happening now. Annnnnnd... autos that have been topped (gasp!), trained, supercropped, and defol'd, both in soil and RDWC. Check out ScrawgDawg and BCKush's grows. And only time will tell, but I think my own scrogged auto grow will produce a pretty decent yield.

IMG_011759.JPG

And yes, there is a scrog screen under that mess of green! LOL
fivedays_fw.png

Yea, unfortunately that is true. Other than the 420 folks here, I don't know anyone that grows. I need to spend more time in the journals room. Would learn a lot. How long do you anticipate it will take for your grow, and does a hydro operation make things go quicker?

I'm as noobie green as they come, and even though I have both soil and hydro grows I have nothing to compare to, so I don't know. The soil is an auto and the hydro is a photo. I'm just taking it all one day at a time and trying not to kill my plants. At first I didn't care if they lived or died because it's all about learning to grow, but now I've become kind of attached to them and want to kill them with intent at the end of the grow. :)

I just finished 3rd grow. 1-plant in a cabinet. I hate cutting the plant. Over 3-1/2 months of making love to this thing every day and to kill her, strip her, and hang her to dry...sob. But, after being dead in jars for 6-weeks she sure smells and taste good!

Out of both methods which do you prefer to grow, hydro or soil?

What are your opinions on a 2x4x5 tent? Can I fit 2 plants comfortably? SJ has a 2x4 screen. Thinkin bout droppin 2 DP Think Diff Autos..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I normally only run 2 in my 2’ x 4’ x 7’tall Tent using my home
made Modular SCROG’s. However this time I ended up with
3 ( 1 Indica, 2 Sativa’s ) this is week 3 and luckily I can raise and
lower each separately.

Plug and play watering system :) , Mix Nutes in bucket,
Plug hoses into small aquarium water pump drop into bucket,
put drain lines into containers, hit remote power ON button
and walk away if I wanted but never do :)

Nutes/Water is feed through the water Lines & out 5 slow
feed nozzles set at outer edges of each pot, This is then cycled
through a ON for 1 min, OFF for 4 minute cycle timer, this is
REPEATED over and over for approximately 1 hour.

Since I don’t want to fight the water run-off in such a limited
area I Use Felt Smart Pots raised up on kitchen racks placed over drain
pans. These Drain pans are fitted with drain plugs and lines that
use a gravity drain system where I can collect run-off to containers
and don’t have to worry about overflow.

I normally start in Dixie then 1 gal then 3 gal felt smart pot

Did a single plant a few grows back and the result was the last
photo, Oh that was also in a closet not my Tent.

WEEK_3_11.jpg
WEEK_3_R_3.jpg
WEEK_3_L_4.jpg
front_a11.jpg

Dang Gazoo, very impressive sir. Assuming the Indica is in the middle. That's a perfect side by side example of the differences. And the last pic...a perfect scrog, uniform height, full screen, good job. I don't have much luck scrogging a Sativa. It just get's too long and scraggly. Take it this isn't your first rodeo?

Dang Gazoo, very impressive sir. Assuming the Indica is in the middle. That's a perfect side by side example of the differences. And the last pic...a perfect scrog, uniform height, full screen, good job. I don't have much luck scrogging a Sativa. It just get's too long and scraggly. Take it this isn't your first rodeo?

Thanks Tucker99

Always nice to hear :)

Yes the center is the Indica. I normally only run 2 in that tent but
when I was starting the seeds I knocked over a small Dixie Cup and
vacuumed up the dirt, a few days later when I was emptying
the Dirt Devil I found a growing shoot (pale but alive) figured if she
was that determined to grow I would give her a chance.

This tent set-up has been evolving over time and the next grow will
have some more improvements, probably be adding small Digital weight
sensors under each bottom base so I can monitor water weight.

Also have an idea for a tubed Humidity release system that I will
probably put together as a proof of concept test first, and if it works
I may be able to install it into the legs of my SCROG ?

Noticed those Dino's :) did ya. Yup I also call it Jurassic Jungle Still have not decided if Godzilla is going to
Eat Tarzan or only carrying him around ? Not much to do at this time in the grow so the scenery gets messed with.
Oh BTW You can't hear it but there is a RAIN FOREST sound CD playing 24/7 so the Jungle statement really Fits

So quick question. I want to Scrogg my two white cookies in a 2.5 x2.5 5 ft tent. Where would one go to get cheap set up so I can attempt my frost Scrogg. Thank you to anyone who helps.

Happy 420 all. 2x 300 watts Mars hydro. So like 220 true watts at tops. On day 15 now no topping done week one just rain water. In jiffy cup hen aftern8 days which was a hit too late I transplanted 2 put of three as one didn't make it. I'm okay with that. Two females cks. Added 1 ml of grow Micro Half a ml of bloom. On day 9. They are taking it okay. Just fed 500 ml to these 6 inch pots when I transplanted and they started to grow two days after plant. Any tips would be solid. Using ph perfect advance Nutes with nirvana in bloom.

So quick question. I want to Scrogg my two white cookies in a 2.5 x2.5 5 ft tent. Where would one go to get cheap set up so I can attempt my frost Scrogg. Thank you to anyone who helps.

Happy 420 all. 2x 300 watts Mars hydro. So like 220 true watts at tops. On day 15 now no topping done week one just rain water. In jiffy cup hen aftern8 days which was a hit too late I transplanted 2 put of three as one didn't make it. I'm okay with that. Two females cks. Added 1 ml of grow Micro Half a ml of bloom. On day 9. They are taking it okay. Just fed 500 ml to these 6 inch pots when I transplanted and they started to grow two days after plant. Any tips would be solid. Using ph perfect advance Nutes with nirvana in bloom.
420-magazine-mobile1012366350.jpg

420-magazine-mobile940703651.jpg

I did my 1st scrog with a simple Bird net(4" holes)..$4usd..Just finished a more sturdy one using PVC and String that cost me about $20..Not sure exactly since pvc parts came from my sprinkler repair box..
4-20-17.jpg

I did my 1st scrog with a simple Bird net(4" holes)..$4usd..Just finished a more sturdy one using PVC and String that cost me about $20..Not sure exactly since pvc parts came from my sprinkler repair box..
4-20-17.jpg
So canadian tire sell bird net?

Sorry IDK...Got mine at local Hom* Depo*..should be available online for you...:)
Okay cool I got a home depot close thanks man

Back
Top Bottom