How To - The SCROG Method

Ok, so i know plant count doesnt matter. Its all about the light, and how you train them and how long you veg them. Buuut. I have a CFL 550 (400 true watts) I have 3 plants, 2 weeks old that i will be scrogging. The light has a max coverage of 3x4. I wanted to make the net a little smaller to be safe on how much coverage the light acually has. I was thinking 2.5 x 3.5. But i have 2 big plants right now 8 weeks old and i tested it and they basically take up the whole 2.5 x 3.5 area. Soooo, how different will my end result yield wise be if i did the 3 plants in there for a shorter veg time, than if i did only 2 and vegged them longer? Im stuck on what i wanna do. Another option is doing the full 3x4 and putting 3 in there and vegging longer. Am i wrong to think that if i put 3 and can only veg them less time that the yield will be less than if i vegged 2 longer? or will it actually be the same?

I would guess the same but youre goal with the scrog is to put a top in every square. If you do that with 2 plants or 3 its pretty much the same outcome.

A friend of mine wants to try to Scrog. He us wondering what is the average height he should set it up to from top of planter pot? Thank you guys.

Scrog is the only way i grow nowadays... Increased yields, no fuss once it's through the screen and flipped.. Both of my threads are with scrog screens... One plant in coco/perlite, the others in rdwc.. It's easier to show than tell, so have him read them.... Scrogging is not just about growing a plant through a screen... You gotta do it the right way....

Is this thread still active. I have a question about pulling the branch down through the screen to break it slightly for the unruly ones. Can this be done in very early flower stage. It's been 7 days since the 12/12 switch.

Is this thread still active. I have a question about pulling the branch down through the screen to break it slightly for the unruly ones. Can this be done in very early flower stage. It's been 7 days since the 12/12 switch.

You can pull down or bend over any stretchy limbs, you have to decide if the branch can take the movement.

If you don't think a limb can be pulled through find a place it can be bent over and secure it with garden tie/twine/etc.

Quick question guys, would this work to scrog
420-magazine-mobile464361441.jpg

As you may have noticed the stems get stiff once flowering has started, you have
a week or so were you can still pull under but once they get stiffer you can best adjust
with Pipe Cleaners or something similar by pulling down as low as you can and tie it to the
screen . Once I start flower I usually let them go since I dont want to slow them down
during the flower stage.

As you may have noticed the stems get stiff once flowering has started, you have
a week or so were you can still pull under but once they get stiffer you can best adjust
with Pipe Cleaners or something similar by pulling down as low as you can and tie it to the
screen . Once I start flower I usually let them go since I dont want to slow them down
during the flower stage.

Thanks so much. I usually do the same but due to some crazy events I ended up with large plants that are indoor now and should have been outside. I have 13 Vero 29 COBs and the max height I have now is 16-18 inch so I gotta keep them girls under control.

during the flower stage.

Oh yea the stems are pretty stiff now. Flowering def under way. I will do my best to keep the lights turned down low and the girls all tied to the net. Will be a crazy ride through flower

That's like an SOG SCROG which doesn't make sense because there's no where to laterally manipulate the plants.

Back
Top Bottom