How to transplant my older plants - Help!

kaylablazeit

How do I transplant my older plants? They are in big 5 gallon pots , so I gotta know how to transplant them properly so I don't damage them. The reason I am transplanting is because they have symphillids/aphids in them , so I need to transplant them and must them with end all , which brings me to another question, how do I know where to spray it? It's a concentrated solution so I need to mix it with water , but idk where and how much to spray.

Here is a picture of them so you can get an idea of what the pots look like so you know how to tell me the proper way of transplanting them.

image14385.jpg
image14383.jpg

Those are the best pictures I have of the pots ATM so let me know if you need a better view I will post a pic later if you want.

would it be possible to drown them , ive never heard of most of these bugs , can they live under water , do they rise to the service if you water the plant ? , i would have thought they wouldnt live so i would fill a large tub and leave the pot under water for 20 mins or more , if that makes sense to you , ( i dont know ) im interested though on a quick kill with no sprays ect

Just make sure you have ALL OFF then transplant like you all ways do, would get new soil and clean grow area Sorry to hear of your issue -do you know how you got them?

found this if it helps

Here's an excerpt on symphilids : "Symphilids require very thorough soil drenching to eradicate. Other root munching pests do not have the depth capabilities of this creature, ensure your ENTIRE medium is soaked or you will see reappearance. Symphilids are resistant to oils and soaps and their eggs are tougher than any root predator in this thread. A simultaneous application of tobacco juice and neem as a soil drench has proven effective against the symphilid. 10 cigarettes per gallon of water, soaked until the water color is between tea and coffee is sufficient. Apply this juice alongside a neem drench twice spaced 4 days apart. If symphilids appear eradicated, take a soil sample from the bottom of your container, inspect, and re-drench if necessary."

found this if it helps

Here's an excerpt on symphilids : "Symphilids require very thorough soil drenching to eradicate. Other root munching pests do not have the depth capabilities of this creature, ensure your ENTIRE medium is soaked or you will see reappearance. Symphilids are resistant to oils and soaps and their eggs are tougher than any root predator in this thread. A simultaneous application of tobacco juice and neem as a soil drench has proven effective against the symphilid. 10 cigarettes per gallon of water, soaked until the water color is between tea and coffee is sufficient. Apply this juice alongside a neem drench twice spaced 4 days apart. If symphilids appear eradicated, take a soil sample from the bottom of your container, inspect, and re-drench if necessary."

Are symphilids the same as aphids? Can I still transplant and soak the new soil with tobacco do you think? And spray the plants leaves and stems with some end all?

This is weird tho , it says symphillids kill fast , but it's been a few days since I have noticed them and there is only little holes on like 5 or six leaves. Maybe this isn't even what they are . By I know I found a white clear worm thingy, that had a brown thing going through it which must have been its intestines or something. Huuu , I hope there's someone who knows exactly what to do, not like you guys don't because I am totally trying the cigarette thing.

not the same as aphids.
aphids are a flying little green bug that sit on the ends of the branchtips and stems.
aphids breed like rabbits and can infest very quickly sucking the sap from your plants

do you have both , or just one pest , im little confused and that very easy to do to me lol

would i be right in saying aphids are the little buggers you see attacking rose bushing , they sick like glue .

Just one pest that I know of ... I ended up transplanting them and spraying them with end all and soaking their new soil with cigarette juice to hopefully eliminate the rest. Although during the transplant I did not see any symphillids , but I still prayed them and soaked them to just be sure

Back
Top Bottom