How To Turn A Walk-In Closet Into A Simple Grow Room

RagnarLothbrok

Hey i'm wanting to turn my walk in closet in my bedroom into a grow room without drawing attention from roomates or any other person who would be living here,
Roughly wanting to grow a good plant or 2 plants I can get dimensions and a picture if neccesary
Please Help

You have lots of options with a walk-in. Your goals for the space will determine what you need to do with it. Are you looking to grow in soil? Hydro? Led lights or HID? Just a couple plants now and then? Or multiple plants harvested less often?

A good light and some good dirt can make nice plants. The sky is the limit design wise. The budget is what ultimately decides everything.

So many great folks around here to help out.

You have lots of options with a walk-in. Your goals for the space will determine what you need to do with it. Are you looking to grow in soil? Hydro? Led lights or HID? Just a couple plants now and then? Or multiple plants harvested less often?

A good light and some good dirt can make nice plants. The sky is the limit design wise. The budget is what ultimately decides everything.

So many great folks around here to help out.
Thank you so much Turbo Bucket, I am growing outdoors although i want to grow a couple indoor,
I have already spent a good $600 in total budget wise ($200 was on the seeds alone) So Roughly A solid $400 or more, ($100 was on a tumbling composter and a good $120 was on a greenhouse 4x4 x 31.5 High

But thats mainly my outdoor stuff

I Plan on growing in soil as I really only have ever dealt with that and don't really know of any other way then soil.
It's a small walk in probs a good foot deep but goes straight to the cieling and probs a good meter and a half long.

I don't want to spend much on a light, preferably LED to keep energy costs low too although i need it to provide enough heat for a plant or two, Any suggestions?

Also Should I use tinfoild all on the inside? Or thermal sheets/blankets or what would be the best for low budget for the closet

Also any suggestions on a good but cheap Carbon filter that'll get the job done?

Hey, also what kind of wattage am I looking for for an indoor grow, is 300W Good? I should also mentions is a Feminized White Widow Strain

Haha at a foot deep that's drastically different from my interpretation of a walk-in. All joking aside, Awesome keeping it simple I like it. Definitely don't use tinfoil. Some folks are fans of mylar, I like white walls they diffuse the light better. Flat white paint is good. Or white mylar is popular and can help provide a more air tight seal.
The problem with carbon filters in a closet/small tent is that they don't really make them small enough to be sized appropriately. Basically any 4 in filter will be enough odor filtering capacity. Look for ones with reversible flanges. Because the matching fan will be a little bit oversized I suggest getting a speed controller with it to help keep noise down.
For lighting there are lots better options available than the blurple fixtures your most likely looking at. Look at quantum boards, or strip lighting if your diy inclined Mid powered diodes are taking center stage in small scale grows right now. A pair of quantum boards would cover your area nicely.

Thank you so much TurboBucket, I can attach a photo of my closet, If I'm able too, I don't know what size would be good i just want soemthing that willl fit in my closet so the doors can shut, Also, what type of fan would be good for a 4 in carbon filter?

And would anything shiny steel work or thermal sheets for refelctive surfaces on the walls?

I don't like reflective walls. I prefer a white wall to diffuse the light it reflects. Someone else will have to answer that.

Find wherever your going to buy your filter/fan, they will sell you a combo with the fan. Don't try to use an inline duct booster fan, they are cheap but they won't pull air through a filter very well. Get one with a vortex or centrifugal design they are built for high static pressure.

As far as telling you what's going to fit inside your closet that's on you. Is it 1ft by 1m or is it 1 1/2ft by 1.5m. I've seen you describe it both ways. Mars is a site sponsor that makes affordable lights that grow plants. Check out their stuff.

I oredered a 300WMars Hydrogrowlight, I think it'll fit well in my closet;
As for the walla i need someething that willkeep the heat in aswell asnot be a fire hazard,
Also i think i'll buy a 4" carbon filterbut what kind of vortex fans are ther, i can run over to the idealsupply store andsee what they got?

I have no idea what is available to you. If your willing to order online the choices are unlimited. My personal choice would be a 6in from Hyperfan or ac infinity. ( Hyperfan unavailable in 4in, 4in ac infinity doesn't have enough power with a filter on it) They both use electrically commutated motors for very quiet very efficient operation without the vibrations that plague most of the centrifugal fans when using a speed controller. But they are more expensive than a cheap centrifugal fan from the hydro shop

I have no idea what is available to you. If your willing to order online the choices are unlimited. My personal choice would be a 6in from Hyperfan or ac infinity. ( Hyperfan unavailable in 4in, 4in ac infinity doesn't have enough power with a filter on it) They both use electrically commutated motors for very quiet very efficient operation without the vibrations that plague most of the centrifugal fans when using a speed controller. But they are more expensive than a cheap centrifugal fan from the hydro shop
Thank you Turbo, I'll take a look at the 6 In, I need something efficient and quite; unfortunately, when building an indoor/closet grow you can't be cheap for quality and discrete production.

when building an indoor/closet grow you can't be cheap for quality and discrete production.

If you understand that your on the right track. That's not to say it has to cost a fortune but there are areas it's just not worth saving a few bucks using a less effective piece of equipment. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom