How to use nutes in deep water culture

tommyb88

say im using a 5 gallon bucket and need to fill it upto the 3 gallon mark, do i need to make up a 3 gallon mix of nutes according the nutrient instructions, as it just seems quite a lot to give a plant once a week, ( i say once a week becasue this is how often iv been told to change the water and clean the bucket etc...) or do i use a more dilute mix? any input would be appreciated thanks

When you change your water, have you tested the TDS of the "old" water? If you know that, and what the TDS was of the "new" you should get a feel for how much of the nutes the plants are taking up and be able to adjust accordingly. You will also be able to get an idea of how hungry the plants are during different phases of their growth cycle.

B-

no i havnt even started the grow yet, so what you are saying is start of with a very dilute mix of nutes in my resevoir then build up if i think the plants can take more

agreed with the above.

its better to leave her hungry, than burnt.

as far as nutes go.. it depends how often you change your res water...

if your going to be adding nutes between changes...(not recommended for new growers)

etc.

always top up with plain water. no additives. and then adjust PH. and ppm(again... if you're a new grower, its best to not play with the PPM between res changes)

iv only ever used bio bizz, bio grow and bio bloom, there instructions are 5ml to every 1 litre, the tank i am using is 45 litres so it just seemed like a hell of a lot of nutrients all in 1 go, say i fill it to the 30 litre mark thats like 150ml's of nutrients.

also never had any problems with nute burn etc... only ever done soil grows so im fairly new to hyrdoponics

Back
Top Bottom