How was your first experience in a dispensary?

Jim 2112

I am going to a MM Dr tom for the first time.I'm wondering what might be my first experience at a dispensary other than overwhelming. I have smoke for a long time but was never in a dispensary .I am very anxious for this experience for I know the many many strains and products that will be there for Me.I guess I'm just excited that this experience is finally here.Thanks,any input will be helpful.

For me it was "like a kid in a candy store", I had a hard time making up my mind ;) :rofl:, actually it felt that way the first half dozen times probably. Guess it may depend on how many strains they have to choose from, one place in town here usually has 25+ choices for Flower, but legal State here so may be something to do with it.

Don't bring more $$$than you want to spend....it will still be there tomorrow...lol

No need to be anxious. They are usually very knowledgeable and easy to talk to.

Also if you have options for Dispensaries make sure to check them all out before having a "go to" one, as not only prices but knowledge of the Staff can vary a lot and be off or on with their advice (more important if you medical as most looking for relief from certain things), also what they carry can vary a lot from Dispensary to Dispensary (or at least around here it does).

Also if you have options for Dispensaries make sure to check them all out before having a "go to" one, as not only prices but knowledge of the Staff can vary a lot and be off or on with their advice (more important if you medical as most looking for relief from certain things), also what they carry can vary a lot from Dispensary to Dispensary (or at least around here it does).
Thanks Dwight that's very helpful.

Do some research prior to going. Most have strain info online so you can at least have an idea. Also some might be a better fit for you. I only had two to choose from. It has to be relatable to walking through the Pearly Gates I think. If you havnt smoked in a while you may heed caution to concentrates :)
It is the expensive way to go over here, you may still consider supplementing with growing your own to save $ and have fun.

Ty Advocate420,that's very helpful.Right now if I did decide to grow my own it would be illegal.That may change in NJ but right now it's illegal.Thanks for the advice.:yummy:

I am going to a MM Dr tom for the first time.I'm wondering what might be my first experience at a dispensary other than overwhelming. I have smoke for a long time but was never in a dispensary .I am very anxious for this experience for I know the many many strains and products that will be there for Me.I guess I'm just excited that this experience is finally here.Thanks,any input will be helpful.

Just relax and go for it. You said you are smoking a lot. So I don't see need to worry

Never been to one and seriously doubt that I ever will.
I live in a backasswards state that I am confident will be the last small piece of land on the entire North American Continent from the bottom tip of Mexico to the northern most tip of Canada that will still have cannabis illegal 50 years from now.
But I honestly don't care because even if I lived in Oregon I doubt I would go to a dispensary.
Inferior bud at high prices, don't want my name on any list.
There is not a single state that has it even close to right. It's all just pure greed and in most cases it's just as illegal after it was "legalized".
The only law that needs to be passed is to take it off the federal drug schedule and just flat out legalize it, make it what it is, a Vegetable, it should be treated like a tomato.
You should be able to buy organic cannabis spears at Whole Foods to toss in your juicer for like $10 a pound.
Should be able to grow as many plants as you damn well please.

So, highly unlikely I'll ever see the inside of a dispensary.

This is wise advice

That's right this was a :rip: thread but instead of creating a new one I am reporting my first experience in legally purchasing marijuana.

Small storefront chain store. Receptionist at front desk to register patient and eligible visitor. Armed guard (Glock 9mm) posted by entrance to back room.

Register go into the rear and the staff only knew what was printed. Bought gummies and cherry kush flour pre roll. Was charged a cannabis tax and a state cannabis tax. Did get veteran discount.

I haven't been to one. I have looked online and while I know a lot has changed over the years, I had sticker shock at the prices. I'm sure the flower is much better than what I was able to get when I was a kid but, damn, they sure think highly of the product.

Back
Top Bottom