How & Where To Buy Marijuana In Beijing

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
In Beijing it is very easy to buy hash. If you don't know anyone, the best thing to do is to go to the Sanlitun bar area, either the bar street itself or to the area in front of the KFC west of Sanlitun Bar Street, opposite the City Hotel. Most of the merchants are West African guys who hang around that area.

A more recent report we have is :Beijing is a rapidly changing city. I have not found anything in the Haidian district, but in the Sunlitan district you can still find hash. Just look for the street vendors selling pipes and rolling papers and say 'Hash'. More likely then not they have a small amount available for sale. Prices are around 25$ for 1.5-2 grams. People are nice and better deals can be made.
12839xinjiang_altai_marijuana.jpg
Another reporter added: "Probably one of the most easiest things to do in Beijing other than by fake DVDs. Although sometimes difficult to trust, the dealers are usually quite friendly and hang around the main hot spots of Beijing. The San Li Tun road is quite a popular hang out, and that is where you find most of the guys. They are not difficult to spot because they are never inside, they are usually just walking around on the side of the road and quick eye contact will easily get there attention. A quick "Yo Wassup" and "You want some shit?" will be all that is heard before you are holding some of your very own sticky. The better contacts can be found through phone numbers. Make pot smoking friends!"

"Although there have been some recent laws brought up to protect the city from its drug slingers, the world of a pot smoker is quite relaxed and relatively "legal" in the city of Beijing. Every once and a while you hear of a certain someone getting messed over by the police but you probably would if you smoked up in the police headquarters. Recently reading the news there have been reports of high rewards given for snitches however this mainly relates more to locals then anyone else. Foreigners are usually left well alone, again, unless they do something stupid. "

and also: "in Sanlitun cop are patrolling like crazy and because of the Olympics they're trying to catch the pot dealers so look around b4 u buy "

and: "The cops have recently swept the city clean of most of its Africa drug dealers. Most of the stuff about asking the first west African you see is correct but their stuff is what is known as soap bar, which is impure hash.

Marijuana is illegal in China, and so is any related action. Since Cannabis is quite a big industry in China (cloth making, rope making etc.), cannabis cultivation is legal.

Although the demand for hash has stayed quite high and steady, there have been recent developments regarding the availability of weed (grass) in Beijing. A lot of the African dealers, who ultimately build up a huge chunk of the drug dealers in Beijing, say that their weed comes from overseas however this is usually not the case. The “African-weed”, honestly speaking, is quite terrible while some rare sources of weed from non-African dealers are a lot better. It may or may not be from the US (or other international countries) but it’s just better. If you are lucky and get your contacts together there should be some good green, maybe a little orange-haired, weed available to you at a pricey but somewhat reasonable price.

Hash is the drug of choice here in Beijing and the rare Weed which is found is not worth the high prices. If someone offers you weed i would advice to reject.

another reporter added: "hash,schwag,and k2 "

By Movie

Have found "hash" at San Li Tan, but very schwagy, like a chunk of resin soaked in diesel fuel. It will give you some THC but the high is kinda, "Am I stoned?" Then you do something stupid & think, "Yeah, must be."

Otherwise the details of the 2008 post are very accurate. Anybody have better info lemme know.

I signed up for this forum just so i can post this. I figure being from San Francisco, I owe it to the all other pot-heads that might visit Beijing. I'm actually here right now, wrapping up a week long trip.. even funnier, I just picked up like an hour ago =p
I basically followed the advice of --------- and 420magazine forums. 3 days ago I went to the Sanlitun area. Pretty much within 5 minutes I saw a black dude. Right away he knew I wanted some weed. He actually didnt seem shady at all, and was very pro. I paid 400RMD (about $65) for about 3 grams. I didnt feel like haggling on a busy street so I just bought it.
An hour ago I went again, but this time a few blocks down, and just like the forum said, there was a black dude next to the KFC (I can't lie, I laughed a little). Same thing, very pro, not shady, even gave me his card. I bought about 3 grams for 300RMD and I also bought a gram of hash for 300RMD.
So for me getting it was easy.. Yet sadly the quality was just weak =(
The weed: the 3 grams were a gram of "nugs" and 2 grams of shwag/bammer shake. It was outdoor, very green, light smell. A couple of bowls will get you a bit high, but its def not Purple, its def not great. The second bag I bought had a bunch of seeds as well. Overall, 3 grams of that in California will cost you $20 max.. Even now, I just hit 3 bowls, and I think so far I have been writing in a fairly sober manner.
The hash: Just like the forum said, it smells like kerosene. It smells sooo much like kerosene that I tossed out the whole bag. Didn't even smoke 1 bowl of it, didn't want to die. Seriously, I just threw away $50 because the hash reeked that bad of gasonline.
So basically, getting it is easy, but its both a rip off, and the hash is very questionable.
Also, for all the people commenting about police, lets be realistic. They wont send a tourist to jail for weed. Coke, yes, weed, no. Coke is huge in Beijing right now, so police are prob more focused on that. Also, both times I was grabbing, I didnt see or feel cops around (and having lived in SF my whole life, I think I have good spidy-sense)

Thanks for the update on Sanlitan and the Beijing pot. Nothing much has changed since I last visited: expensive swag and kerosene hash.

My favorite part is that the guy sells petty much within shouting distance of the police station. But cops are not the issue; they don't really care... you're not Chinese and you're a foreigner.

In my travels through Asia I have never found Cali grade medical pot. Most people in China do not know what pot is.

Is that about the Chinese police not throwing tourists in jail over cannabis just an opinion, or have you actually witnessed the local LEO observing a tourist buy/sell/consume/possess cannabis and either ignore the tourist or just write a ticket (with or without the suggestion that a bribe might be helpful, but in any event without taking said tourist to jail if he did not have any money to pay a bribe (if one was even mentioned).

Not saying I don't believe you - for one, I have never been to the PRC and therefore have no personal basis from which to even form an opinion. But there's a big difference between "I didn't get arrested" or even "I didn't see any tourists get arrested" and "I personally saw LEO observe a tourist with cannabis and the tourist either did not get accosted or got - at most - a ticket/fine."

The former could be 100% true and still not make your case. The latter, OtOH, would tend to do so (at least for the specific LEO which you happened to observe treat a cannabis using/possessing tourist in a decent manner).

While you're discussing cannabis in relation to Beijing, how about giving us a little bit more of a glimpse? Tell us a little about your general experience there, maybe a couple of highlights of your trip (or, alternatively, "lowlights" that potential tourists should be aware of). Where are good places to go or things to see after you consume cannabis (or places you'd recommend a person go TO consume cannabis so that he/she can enjoy him/herself)? A place that has been continuously inhabited (with an actual civilization) for literally thousands of years ought to present some unique opportunities.

I lived in Beijing for 3 years. A few years ago one of my neighbors grew about 15 large hemp plants. I collected some seeds from him and the next season grew several hemp plants in a little 6x6 garden right in front of everybody.

I figured that if that guy could grow a field of hemp out in the open, my few plants were not going to be a problem; because that same next year he grew about 30 10ft tall plants right in front of the condo complex.

Cops pulled up in front of my plants once; got out of the car and went to visit my upstairs neighbor. Most of my neighbors thought it was some kinda lowai (foreigner) spice plant; some knew it was hemp. Plus I had no American or EU neighbors to rat me out and besides, growing hemp is not illegal in China, but selling pot is.

Only one problem though... hemp is not pot; zippo THC; I smoked it and got straight.

General note: the Chinese have way more personal freedom and a lot less police supervision than the US. 98% of China's cops don't carry guns and unless you're flagrantly fucking up, no ones gonna fuck with you. I hardly ever saw a cop, cop car or heard screaming sirens and I lived in a city of 20 million people.

At least once a year I had to go to the local police station to check-in and show them my visa. It was nothing like a US police station. No gun tooting macho dicks, no noisy police radio chatter; just a typical Mayberry police station where everybody is Barney Fife.

A pot smoking paradise is hard to find in Asia. I have found the internet has up to date info on scoring pot in specific locals. Thailand usually has semi-decent Thai stick around; the longer you're away from Cali type pot, the better it gets.

Phenom Penh, Cambodia has mostly swag and is extremely easy to score, as is almost any other drug you might want. Vietnam was pretty dry for pot. Laos has swag and mushrooms. Forget about finding pot in: Singapore, Indo, Malaysia and Burma, though I never had any problems bringing in small amounts.

If you live outside the US or EU, Silk Road is the best way to get decent pot shipped to you, 'cause buying decent pot outside the US is not an option.

In most of these places you can bribe your way out of any problem; the amount varies greatly by country. I have never had a problem with Asian cops; they generally are not going to F with foreigners unless you're causing trouble.

Everybody loves Americans. The Blue Passport is a status symbol. They know that if you're an American you are rich and powerful and not to be trifled with. At a small boarder crossing in Vietnam I tipped the boarder guards a buck each to skip my luggage check and they also carried my bags to the waiting car that they called for me. Loved the service, oh and I had Drum Shag tobacco with me so I rolled them both a Drum at their request.

If you don't speak the language, China is a tough place to travel through. However, Thailand and Cambodia are all geared for the first world visitor; they can speak your language and have the ability to scratch about any itch you have... for a fee. You can also do it on the cheap styley for under $50 a day food and lodging.

Now living in Bangkok again, where the weather is warm, the babes are sweet and food can't be beat.

Thanks for the Asian report.

General note: the Chinese have way more personal freedom and a lot less police supervision than the US. 98% of China's cops don't carry guns and unless you're flagrantly fucking up, no ones gonna fuck with you. I hardly ever saw a cop, cop car or heard screaming sirens and I lived in a city of 20 million people.

Nice. What about the army (et cetera)? I seem to remember reading about some little news event happening in China. Tiananmen Square, 1989? That was 23 years ago, of course, but some times - and to some cultures - that amount of time can seem but the proverbial moment. How are things these days? I notice you mentioned personal freedoms. I take it that a person can express their less than complete satisfaction with the PRC government now and not be inconvenienced because of it in some way... such as getting shot by the army (or getting shot in the back by them as you're running away)?

Depends on what you call personal freedom; directly criticizing the government has never been a civil right in China. But complaining about government policy that effects them personally is OK.

Wanna close a local market because someone wants to build condos? Not if the neighborhood objects.

Recently a village in the south (a village of about 30,000 people) literally ran off the government officials for being corrupt. They held local elections a few weeks ago; they have a new and elected local government. Try that in the US.

I know people who were at the square when the tanks rolled in; they have a different story than the one we know in America. Not that everything was honky-dory, but according to my sources there was a lot that didn't make the western press and that the death toll was greatly exaggerated.

Here's the personal freedom thing:
Law says no smoking in public places. Every restaurant has no smoking signs with ashtrays underneath them.
Any time my driver decided he needed to make a bat turn in the middle of a busy highway, no problem.
Fire crackers in the middle of night? Did you bring enough for everyone?
Stay in line, no talking! WTF you talkin' about Lowai.
Stuff like that. Not sayin' its great, but people aren't afraid of the government or the cops, but the government is afraid of them.

Most Americans don't travel, so they never really know if what their told squares with their experience. China was the most foreign foreign-country I ever lived in, but I had a great time. People were very friendly and curious. They don't meet many foreigners.

I met a lot of high level Party members and I never detected any hostility towards the US. They are slavishly recreating the American dream China-style and when I ask them how they will sustain it; they scratch their heads and say they were wondering about that too.

i read this site before going Beijing, and saw that all wrighten here its true, but now in sunlitun not many black guys becouse police and local poeple know all about it, and good place for meet black guys its near sanlitun - area around 1 km , they walking 2-3 guys and if you look to them they will say u hi whatsup and u will walking with them and they show u all they have ( hash 200-300 rmb, spyse 400-500 rmb, hashish 300rmb , koka and extazy)
but hash quality not so good , first time when u smoke good but not very good next time meddium and if u will smoke 3 times per day it very bad, and all black guys will lie you if taking first time they will start from 500 rmb, u must say that u know prices and maximum 200-300 rmb, and you can find hash good quality in the disco club chocolade in russian street yabalu , betwen ritan hotel and yabao center hotel (50 meter) there quality better and price 200 rmb and there a lot of beautefull prostitute from all countrys u.s.s.s.r. ( russia) they all speaks russian and english but price very expensive for one time 200$ for night 400$ if u will fack chiness girl it will cost maximum 100$ , but dont belive to everyone in chokolade that u want find good hash
there , dont belive Chines people becouse u can not know who police who not, speake with european faces and be carefull in chokolade club in sanlitun only black gays

Hi'yall

I'm new to Beijing and am treading on eggshells. I've read a lot of conflicting information, and bearing in mind some of these posts are years old, I've found the info to be very unhelpful. Firstly San Li Tan is full of tourist tat and tacky bars.... I've been wandering round there for a week and have yet to see a single "african" face - I'm obviously not going to pounce on the first black face I see, as it's usually an American tourist.... I've bought two bongs at the bong shops, but asking strangers in the street for hash seems like an idiotic thing to do.

There seems to be too many cops and too many people in general to make it a sensible place to deal....and I've found nothing by the KFC, or any of the other places suggested on here.

Can anyone in the know point me in the right direction?

On another note. on webehigh.com there are thousands of ads for free delivery and so on.... this too seems idiotic. I assume they can't be legit, but you never know....Any thoughts?

...Also you mentioned "black guys its near sanlitun - area around 1 km" - could you be more specific? this is very vague directions. I've been walking round in cirlces for a week and all I got was a headache from traffic fumes.....Cheers dude

...Also you mentioned "black guys its near sanlitun - area around 1 km" - could you be more specific? this is very vague directions. I've been walking round in cirlces for a week and all I got was a headache from traffic fumes.....Cheers dude

Oh this wasn't a negative comment about "Black guys".... It's a direct quote from the previous comment, which is why I put it in quotation marks. Every comment I've read about Beijing has simply stated I go and speak to "black guys" in San Lit Tan.... I agree this this a massive generalisation, and it's also misleading and incorrect.

I'm not here to discuss race.... I'm here to find some smoke.... Any suggestions on how do do this are welcome.

Let me see if I can word this in the most nauseatingly politically correct language imaginable..... DO NOT give you money to the gentlemen of African persuasion in San Li Tan - they will either run off with it - as happened to me - or sell you a piece pot rubber - as happened to me.... DO NOT "Just look for the street vendors selling pipes and rolling papers and say 'Hash'." - they will sh*t themselves and move you on.

There are no "nice pro dealers" in this area just lying cheating scumbags who think nothing of selling you crap, or point-blank stealing your money.

Please update this information - as no info is better than bad info.

Does anyone have any thoughts about mailing small amounts of weed into China? Bearing in mind it will come to a company address, with my name on it and have no sender details - how risky is this? If it's unprovable you had anything to do with it's sending, would it still be considered "smuggling?"
Sure it may go missing, and obviously I wouldn't go to pick up a missing package, but surely if it arrives, it's unchecked and everyone's happy.

TomT is correct. The nigerians that purportedly sell in Sanlitun are mostly con artists and rip off artists. They prey on your need to smoke and will say anything to get your money. Very few have anything to sell and most of it is shite.

I have lived in china for 4 years
There are 3 types of dealers in china The legit guys - mostly chinese, some foreigners, some africans. They either import from western china or know dealers who know dealers who import from the west or H.k. To find these guys you need to network. Its dangerous to deal in BJ because of the crack down so you won't find these guys standing on the street. In the south of china they are plentiful.

The next group are the street dealers with low quality shit that nobody else wants. They are mostly african and usually hang around the bars and wait for patrons after dark. Less cops, less chance of you detecting shit quality and lots of punters to con. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a bag with some decent head but its a lottery. Often they sell leaf compressed with a few buds wrapped tight so u wont know until its too late. The hash is garbage and will give you a headache before a high. The coke they say they have is just baby powder so don't even go there. A few guys deal K. I haven't tried it but its heavily cut according to reports.

The last group are the con artists. They will tell you that have skunk or bubblicious or diesel or whatever they think you want to hear. They wear white jackets and pretend they are business men or reputable people. Its all a charade - they are losers who some how found the money for a plane ticket over here. They will show a pic on their iphone, tell you they need your money to go and collect it and then after they have your 600 rmb (2 grams) they disappear to the sewerages from where these rats sprung from.
DO NOT TRUST THE BLACK DEALERS WHO CANNOT SHOW YOU THE GOODS.
Many of us have been burnt thru trust. They are not the dealers you get back home that have a rep and want to build a user base. These guys have short term visa's, no jobs, and no morals. They need your money to survive. DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM!!!

TomT is correct. The nigerians that purportedly sell in Sanlitun are mostly con artists and rip off artists. They prey on your need to smoke and will say anything to get your money. Very few have anything to sell and most of it is shite.

I have lived in china for 4 years
There are 3 types of dealers in china The legit guys - mostly chinese, some foreigners, some africans. They either import from western china or know dealers who know dealers who import from the west or H.k. To find these guys you need to network. Its dangerous to deal in BJ because of the crack down so you won't find these guys standing on the street. In the south of china they are plentiful.

The next group are the street dealers with low quality shit that nobody else wants. They are mostly african and usually hang around the bars and wait for patrons after dark. Less cops, less chance of you detecting shit quality and lots of punters to con. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a bag with some decent head but its a lottery. Often they sell leaf compressed with a few buds wrapped tight so u wont know until its too late. The hash is garbage and will give you a headache before a high. The coke they say they have is just baby powder so don't even go there. A few guys deal K. I haven't tried it but its heavily cut according to reports.

The last group are the con artists. They will tell you that have skunk or bubblicious or diesel or whatever they think you want to hear. They wear white jackets and pretend they are business men or reputable people. Its all a charade - they are losers who some how found the money for a plane ticket over here. They will show a pic on their iphone, tell you they need your money to go and collect it and then after they have your 600 rmb (2 grams) they disappear to the sewerages from where these rats sprung from.
DO NOT TRUST THE BLACK DEALERS WHO CANNOT SHOW YOU THE GOODS.
Many of us have been burnt thru trust. They are not the dealers you get back home that have a rep and want to build a user base. These guys have short term visa's, no jobs, and no morals. They need your money to survive. DO NOT GIVE IT TO THEM!!!

Pretty much on the money. Sanlitun was an open air drug market until summer 2013. You could by poor quality but smokable weed very easily. Around that time there was a police crack down and an African drug dealer was stabbed to death outside the now closed Irish bar The James Joyce (which was a well run reputable bar and closed because of competition from heaven next door). The Sanlitun drug market had survived police crack downs before but it seems the Africans also got on the wrong side of Chinese organized crime and it never really returned.

There was a Senegalise group who had good stuff (the longer you knew them the better the stuff) and could be found in some of the popular Sanlitun bars but the last of the brothers who ran that group (who operated with confidence and seeming impunity) was deported in early 2014. As far as I know there are still a few of those Senegalese knocking about but they will not offer anything to strangers and are very jumpy to deal with, presumably because their protection is gone. Wudaoku might be a better bet but the only reliable way is to find a link in the expat community.

Where do you find those guys down south? I'm in Shenzhen now and haven't gotten a whiff of any green.

Back
Top Bottom