Howdy folks! Newbie here, 'bout to start my 1st grow: gonna need lots of help

Cardinalfan

420 Member
Gonna b growing n a tent. Under LED's. Probably should have come hear earlier. Lol. I've already bought all of my supplies. I decided on soil 4 my 1st go at this. I've got the fox farms ocean forest soil. I have an 8x4 tent. I can legally have up to 6 flowering plants growing at a time where I'm at. I have procured some feminized seeds to start out with. I have a variety of Big Bud, Northern Lights, and White Widow. I also have access to some clones but am not so sure about the quality of their origin. Guess I'll shut up for now. Which of thes strains do u guys think would b easiest for a rookie like me to grow? Any tips or warnings about the ocean forest soil?

Thanks. I was reading through ur journal and c that u start ur seeds directly n the soil. The seed bank i got my seeds from guarantees them 2 start, but only if I use the glass of water/paper towel method of germination. I guess I'll follow their instructions since I payed $10 a piece for them. What r ur thoughts on this? Hate 2 keep bugging u?

I plan on starting a journal once I get things rolling which should b n the next week or so. I have everything sitting n a pile n my loft rite now. I bombed the area for pests and gave it a good cleaning last weekend. Gonna set everything up 2day and 2morow.

Welcome

i suggest you read our how to grow forum. There’s a ton of valuable info in there. Also, start a grow journal and experienced members will help you as you go.

my one comment would be that what happens underground is as important as what happens above ground. Don’t overwater and you’ll form healthy roots as they grow to seek out water.

Thanks Keith. I appreciate ur input. I have been trolling the site and can see that it is full of info. In fact, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Lol. I will start a journal once I have my babies started. I look forward to the experience and learning from all of the experienced growers here. You here of people talking about havin a green thumb. Well I truly have 1. Lol.
15908591679716826687472228300067.jpg

Thanks. I was reading through ur journal and c that u start ur seeds directly n the soil. The seed bank i got my seeds from guarantees them 2 start, but only if I use the glass of water/paper towel method of germination. I guess I'll follow their instructions since I payed $10 a piece for them. What r ur thoughts on this? Hate 2 keep bugging u?
I have been doing that but I've been losing auto seeds to my hot soil so I started back with the soak, and paper towel method this Godfather OG run.

Ok. Thanks Otter. Gonna give my brain a rest 4 a while. Lol. I decided on the Big Bud 4 my 1st go at this. Just put the seeds n some willow water 2 soak a bit ago. I'll start a journal soon and keep bugging u. Have a good 1 and stay safe.

:welcome: to the forum @Cardinalfan :passitleft:

Thanks stoneotter. One concern I have about the ocean forest soil is that it may b 2 rich 4 seedlings. What r ur thoughts on that?
Hey Card, I also use FFOF, but start my beans in a seedling starter mix to make sure they don't burn up on entry :laugh: but if they're autos stick 'em in there :thumb:

Oh yeah. The green thumb is actually an old painting injury. Lol. Paint line burst n my hand and injected my thumb full of green paint. Ouch. Lucky I didn't lose it. I doesnt work as good as the other 1 these days and doesn't have much feeling but it is green. Lol

Welcome to :420: @Cardinalfan
Paper towel method is very easy. drop your seeds in a glass of water and put it in a warm dark place. With in 24 to 48 hours you should see the seed is puped.
Spray some water on paper towel and drop the seed on the paper towel and stick it in a plastic bag. Again dark place that is warm. in few days you will see the seed has a root. I germinated all my three seeds that way and it rooted with in two/three days.

Regarding your soil. Fox Farm is a good soil but rich. Mix it with perlite, coco or barks. Also, adding mycoryza in the hole where you throw the germinated seed in would be very help full for the root system.

In my signature you can find some helpfull links on plant abuse chart. It is a very helpfull knowing the deffeciencies and such. Also, Don't water too much as the first three weeks the plant is creating its root system and just developing its powers. :bongrip:

you can also follow my first time growing exparince and try to be ahead of my mistakes :hookah:

Thanks 4 the input Mocha. They're not autos. Think I'm gonna start out with feminized Bigbud. Gonna germinate n water and paper towel b4 planting though. U still recommend a weaker soil 2 start with?
Yes I absolutely do...I use "Jiffy Seedling Starter" mix, it's organic with no nutrients jiffy-seed-starters-g312-64_1000.jpg
Hey Mocha! Thought of another question 4 u about the FFOF. Do u add any perlite or any other ammendments 2 it, or just use it full strength, out of the bag?
I use it straight out of the bag :thumb:
Welcome to :420: @Cardinalfan
Paper towel method is very easy. drop your seeds in a glass of water and put it in a warm dark place. With in 24 to 48 hours you should see the seed is puped.
Spray some water on paper towel and drop the seed on the paper towel and stick it in a plastic bag. Again dark place that is warm. in few days you will see the seed has a root. I germinated all my three seeds that way and it rooted with in two/three days.

Regarding your soil. Fox Farm is a good soil but rich. Mix it with perlite, coco or barks. Also, adding mycoryza in the hole where you throw the germinated seed in would be very help full for the root system.

In my signature you can find some helpfull links on plant abuse chart. It is a very helpfull knowing the deffeciencies and such. Also, Don't water too much as the first three weeks the plant is creating its root system and just developing its powers. :bongrip:

you can also follow my first time growing exparince and try to be ahead of my mistakes :hookah:
I never put it in a plastic bag, it impedes the air flow, and can cause mold or other issues....you would be surprised at how fast mold can grow in an area that's warm, wet, and with no air current

Good luck to both of you :thumb::goodluck:

Is there a way 2 message a member directly, outside of a thread?
I believe you have to have a certain amount of points before you can do that, just so we don't have spammers DMing us :thumb:
...but yes, once your reaction score reaches 50 you should be able to...if you mouse over my avatar, you'll see "follow"..."ignore" ...and "start conversation" after you reach 50 you can "start a conversation" with anyone you like :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom