Hozona's New Legal Grow

Hozona

Finally we can legally grow for personal use so here we go! I'm not sure if anyone I communicated with are still around, I know of a couple that aren't like BID and Old Med Man, but I am back. Arizona is finally legal! Although the tax will be 25% we can grow six plants for each person over 21, so with two of us that's twelve. I ordered beans from our sponsor Dutch Seeds.com today. I have some GDP, Blueberry, and Bubba Kush ordered along with their 6 "free" seeds. The fact they accept Paypal made the transaction easy. Pics to follow. :peace:

I am blown away by the excellence of my Dutch Seeds experience. The beans came FAST and are germinating two days after I received them! I opted to do three different methods for germination. The first was putting them in a damp towel in a plastic container with lid ( located it on top of germination dome), next was Rapid Rooter plugs in germination dome, and last just in soil (Ocean Forest). First to crack were Gorilla Glue in paper towel and I transferred them to RR plus and are thriving under the dome. Still waiting for the Granddaddy Purple, Bubba Kush, Blueberry in RR plugs and the ones in soil to break the surface, but I am pleased so far.:peace:

How does the tax work? You have to pay a 25% tax on what ? How would they know how many plants you have growing? Are you paying tax on the seeds ? Sorry for the dumb questions nothing I hate more than damn taxes
Tax is for the dispensaries for both medical (8%) and recreational (25%). We are allowed 6 plants per person (over 21) in the house. (No enforcement possible because of privacy laws) No mention of seeds in the law.

Tax is for the dispensaries for both medical (8%) and recreational (25%). We are allowed 6 plants per person (over 21) in the house. (No enforcement possible because of privacy laws) No mention of seeds in the law.
I thought you meant you were taxed by the amount of plants you were growing

As promised:
Beans with description

Rapid Rooter Plugs
Grand Daddy Purple
Gorilla Glue
Solo Cups
Gorilla Glue (4 days)
Still waiting for Bubba Kush and Blueberry to pop
Damp paper towel with one GDP and one Blueberry

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :peace: :slide:

Welcome back Hozona. So how long's it been ? There's several of us AZ growers here. I'm over near Phx. myself.
Now that it's legal I'm getting my Perpetual grow set up. 2 Tents & a Grow Shed so far. Running 4 plants at a time non stop from now on. Should be able to yield 2 lbs. every 8 weeks with the set ups I'm doing. Damned this hobby is addicting.

Welcome back Hozona. So how long's it been ? There's several of us AZ growers here. I'm over near Phx. myself.
Now that it's legal I'm getting my Perpetual grow set up. 2 Tents & a Grow Shed so far. Running 4 plants at a time non stop from now on. Should be able to yield 2 lbs. every 8 weeks with the set ups I'm doing. Damned this hobby is addicting.
It has been a while...after depleting my seed stock I have resupplied with Dutch Seeds.com and have some premium strains. I am on a fixed income so the electric bill is always a concern so I switched to high output florescent and an LED panel. (I used to use MH & HPS) Growing QUALITY buds takes a lot of care and patience. Now you don't have to look over your shoulder to see if a LEO is watching it removes some of the stress level. I am back to my roots, growing in my utility shed and will eventually move some outside. :peace: :slide:

I thought you meant you were taxed by the amount of plants you were growing
The "tax" only applies to "dispensaries" since they are the only licensed seller of Cannabis products. If the user does NOT have a Medical Marijuana card he will pay a 25% tax while people with the "card" pay an 8% tax. They don't have any way to monitor how many plants you have so they couldn't base their tax on that. The only monitoring is the amount you are allowed to purchase from the dispensaries. If you grow for personal use only, you will not need to do anything, just do it! :peace: :slide:

I'm in for the ride.

Your setup looks very interesting @Hozona I like the look of the mylar or unless that's a different reflective material you got going on there.

I'm growing a single Bubba Kush plant for my first grow and it has been an experience so far!

I wish you a bountiful yield come harvest!

:lot-o-toke: :yummy:
Welcome! I have used mylar, now I use a reflective waffle textured insulation. I am back to my roots. No tent, no hydro (except my bucket aero cloner), and lots of Ocean Forest and worm castings for growing medium.:peace::slide:

It has been a while...after depleting my seed stock I have resupplied with Dutch Seeds.com and have some premium strains. I am on a fixed income so the electric bill is always a concern so I switched to high output florescent and an LED panel. (I used to use MH & HPS) Growing QUALITY buds takes a lot of care and patience. Now you don't have to look over your shoulder to see if a LEO is watching it removes some of the stress level. I am back to my roots, growing in my utility shed and will eventually move some outside. :peace: :slide:
You must be in a cooler part of AZ. then me. I wouldn't attempt an outside grow with these summer temps. Not so sure they can handle 117 F. I had to do major insulation in my wooden shed with AC to grow out there. But no heat in it so in the house till spring. That's OK though as I have 4 tents to work with plus all the stuff that goes with it. Sure is an addicting hobby. Never thought I'd get this into it; but I am after smoking mine compared to dispensary crap.

Welcome! I have used mylar, now I use a reflective waffle textured insulation. I am back to my roots. No tent, no hydro (except my bucket aero cloner), and lots of Ocean Forest and worm castings for growing medium.:peace::slide:
May I ask why you add worm castings to FFOF ? I've used that soil for 4 years & haven't added anything but Mega Crop & Terpinator. Curious to what the added benefit of worm castings does. Never can know too much ... right ?

You must be in a cooler part of AZ. then me. I wouldn't attempt an outside grow with these summer temps. Not so sure they can handle 117 F. I had to do major insulation in my wooden shed with AC to grow out there. But no heat in it so in the house till spring. That's OK though as I have 4 tents to work with plus all the stuff that goes with it. Sure is an addicting hobby. Never thought I'd get this into it; but I am after smoking mine compared to dispensary crap.
Not really...9 1/2 oz from two plants

0807191334.jpg

Back
Top Bottom