HPS for Veg?

I am less than thrilled with MH for veg. It seems ok for young plants and clones but as they get bigger they suffer in leaf production. I have two 400 watt switchable ballasts running 2 MH bulbs in the veg room and I use LED in the bloom room. I was thinking of putting LED panels back in for the older veggers and taking the hood and mixing HPS into my bud room. This will require a lot of work and I really want the heat in the baby room. So as I looked at switching I wonder if I can just switch the older veggers to HPS light? This will keep the heat where I want it and hopefully allow the older veggers to develop better....

Anybody veg with HPS?

thoughts?

Re: HPS for Veg??

Wow! not one reply... shit I gotta try it now. My S girls are frail and 3 leaf. I hope they will flower well. I am going to replace the MH bulb in the back hood under the "bigger" plants with a straight up cheap ass HPS bulb and see what happens :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_0194_baby_room.jpg

i have had success going all the way through; from clone to bloom with a 1000w hps and loved it. if you can keep the light cool enough and it can be kept close enough so the nodes dont stretch too much you should be fine.. (unless your growing trees) then keep it around 15-24 inches away for great growing

Done

i have had success going all the way through; from clone to bloom with a 1000w hps and loved it. if you can keep the light cool enough and it can be kept close enough so the nodes dont stretch too much you should be fine.. (unless your growing trees) then keep it around 15-24 inches away for great growing

Thanks for sharing that ... plus reps

Hey Buck, A bit off topic but was wondering about what you think of LED's for veg when you Don't need the heat? I've been thinking about going all LED for Veg and Flower. Right now I'm using T-5's but the thought of bulbs breaking in my space bothers me almost as much as hot HID's. Thought about getting one of the 180W 6or7? Band HTG Supply LED lights they're selling as A "Veg" light. Just something I've been thinking about. Everybody's talking about flowering with LED's at the moment, don't see too much about veg.

Hey Buck, A bit off topic but was wondering about what you think of LED's for veg when you Don't need the heat? I've been thinking about going all LED for Veg and Flower. Right now I'm using T-5's but the thought of bulbs breaking in my space bothers me almost as much as hot HID's. Thought about getting one of the 180W 6or7? Band HTG Supply LED lights they're selling as A "Veg" light. Just something I've been thinking about. Everybody's talking about flowering with LED's at the moment, don't see too much about veg.

LED is awesome for veg!!! Twice the leaf structure of MH!! I am thinking of adding a panel to the MH and HPS already in there :cheesygrinsmiley:

Buck

I have used HPS for veg several times.

starting with a 70w security light from HD

and more recently, my MHC crapped out day one, so in went the new 600w Digital+ HPS from HTG

judge for your self

2 weeks into veg
G10_room_view_2_wks_veg1.jpg

2 weeks into 12/12
G10_Ds_2_wks_flwr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom