Hps & led?

greekpatch

hey all this is my 1st time here
i have a 600hps with an a wing reflector and im about 8weeks into growing barneys lil cheese auto and they are monsters for autos at about 48ins tall and around the same with.they are the first plant iv grow that the branchs needed to be bent out at only 3weeks old to stop them outgrowing the main stem they are about a 12week plant so ive around 4 weeks left and i just got a 150 watt led from a friend so would i be better adding the led to get more light or would adding a 400hps and turning the light down to 12/12 be better ???

Re: hps and led ?

150 LED should be equal to about a 400w HPS, maybe a little less... what is the sq footage of the grow area? It really all comes down to heat and if you are at max saturation (10,000lumen/sq ft i think).

What cycle are you running now? 18/6? Autos should flower under any light cycle and a lot of auto growers choose to go 18/6, the logic being that the more energy producing time they have the more weight they will pack on.

well my box is 4ftx8ft so i think its 32ftsq and heat is not a problem as i have in/out take fans and i am also running 18/6 as i have found it gives the best results
ps thanks for the quick reply

i know that i close half my box with a sheet of mylar as i cant add more light as it would be far to much on the electric bill so would i be safe using a hps and an led 2getter or will the led stress the shit out of them
mixlilchemax.jpg

13082011608.jpg

13082011606.jpg

13082011605.jpg

13082011607.jpg

thanks maer
i no i need alot more light but my plan is to half my box and use the led to keep a mother plant and veg afew clones and flower the clones under the 600hps and maybe my 400hps but i will have to see how my electric bill is after both boxs have run a full grow.
but can i still feed just biobizz while my lil cheese finish even do the led and hps are on at the same time or will i need the new led nutes?? also when my box is devided i will be veging a mother and maybe 10 clones in a 4ft by 4ft box will my led be able to veg them ok and would i need led nutes ?? and i think my 600hps should be enough lumens for a 4ft by 4ft box ? would it be ok to change straight from led light an maybe led nutes to hps and biobizz ??

As far as your question about growing autoflowers under 12-12 lighting schedule, it can be done. I grew some World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryders under 12-12 lighting schedule using Super HPS 1000 watts with a bunch of other plants that required a photoperiod and the Afghan Kush Ryder came out fine. Although, I'm sure it would have matured faster if I had given 18-6 or 20-4. The plant matured, and tasted fine. Also, I grew the landrace version of the same plant and it was exactly the same except for the auto being a lot smaller and not quite as potent (as auto flower strains tend to be). Although, that had nothing to do with the 12-12 lighting schedule. Hope this helps.

Add the LED and your plants will love you for it. The added spectrums and extra light will always be better. I did them together until I upgraded my system and had great luck, numerous grows on here with HID+LED. Have a look at Endive's Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries , he is/was rockin some chronic with the HID+LED very well

IMG_4369.JPG

Back
Top Bottom