HPs street LED

Hello Buddyboy64, and welcome to 420 Magazine.
Just a word of advice... Don't let yourself fall victim to the LED folklore. Some high end LED fixtures can give better production than HID lighting per watt but a lot of the cheaper ones just like to make false claims such as 120 watt led fixture being equal to a 600 watt HPS. It's just not true, and so many new growers get sucked in resulting in wasting money and struggling through their first grow.
I suggest sticking with LED light providers who are sponsors of 420 Magazine. They are honest, and provide a quality product. The internet is a dangerous place when it comes to purchasing LED grow lights for a person new to it.
If you can try to gather all the specs of the street light you are considering and post it here for others to offer a better opinion.

get an hps

leds are okay but, there is a reason they compare them to hid lamps

Welcome, what's a streetlight costing?
We tried one , it was a 240 watt corn light the biggest we could find . Was so bright couldn’t see the plants and was white light 5000k ! It grew buds but light as in weight.

We tried one , it was a 240 watt corn light the biggest we could find . Was so bright couldn’t see the plants and was white light 5000k ! It grew buds but light as in weight.
light as in poor harvest?
I saw one the other day on a website and it was in the 45,000 lumin range, so i was wondering how they would do

light as in poor harvest?
I saw one the other day on a website and it was in the 45,000 lumin range, so i was wondering how they would do
If I could get a 240 watt corn light at 3000 kelvin or less . When you get to the street lights (corn) they are 5000-6000k .
Yes the buds were light in weight, quality was still good !

Here’s a old school 1000 watt hps with 2000k pic.
9BD256CB-8CD9-409E-9811-4C1C434C7FA7.jpeg

Beer bottle size buds !

My experience is hps will give better yields due to penetration. The new generation leds will produce very high quality flowers. Most of us here at 420 go for the quality you get with led full spectrum.

I tried the 1000 watt hps because that’s what I started with ! Didn’t remember how good a yield was ! I have one expensive light 750 watt 4.68 amps at the wall and two 600 watt 2 amps each at the wall. Both are sponsors and had before I joined 420 ! That’s over 8 amps and my grow did great as usual 364 grams and the hps did 713 grams. Next year I’ll have to try QB boards . Pic of the led grow .
40691077-3FBB-4748-8016-70DEB82BBACC.png

The QB are game changers, you’ll see more trichomes and better terps.
And I’ll bet there are no dark spots in the qb boards . This hps grow had a dark spot in it . Bought a higher priced one with 2100k hopefully better ! If I’d gotten another cutting of hay I would have been able to buy one or two ! Dry for the last four months, but I will buy qb boards asap!
Quest for a 1000 grams in a 5’x5’ tent

We make some awesome high performance LED's for an affordable price. Our 250w Red Spec has been showing great results.

Group Lighting Photo.jpg

Day 29.JPG

Red Spec - 250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom