HPS to t5

addision

I over compensated and cloned too many plants. I figured since I was just starting out I would need a bigger margin of error and fewer died than I had expected.

I got lucky and now I have a forest in my grow room. My room is about 12x8 and I have been using a 5x8 area curtained off for flowering and a 1000w hps on each side. I know there was a problem with getting the flowering side dark enough when that light was off, light was leaking in past the curtain.

My idea was to just turn the entire room into a flower room. However, I still have some smaller 8" plants that are still young that I don't want to flower yet.

What I would like to do is to take those 18 plants and put them in another place with my t5. But my concern is that the lower light from the t5 will start those to flower. Is this a valid concern? Has anyone ever moved plants from an hps to a t5.

Unfortunately no one was able to give me any insight to how the plants would react if taken from a 1000w HPS back to a T5 light.

I did this however and the result is that there was no adverse affect at all. It has been about two weeks now and the plants are growing normal without any noticeable problems. A little slower growth of course but that is to be expected. The plants however look very healthy.

So if anyone in the future needs to switch back to a t5 from an HPS I would say that you will not have any problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom