HPS vs LED

Would love to join and would appreciate advice. I am growing three WW Fem/autos and three CB Dream. Which u can see in my grow journal here... First Grow - WW Fem Auto & CB Dream
The three in the front are WW autos and the three in the back are CB Dream (not auto). My question is when to flip the CB Dream and will the WW autos be OK at a different light cycle - currently at 18/6?
Hi I think the auto would be get better growth at 18/6 but regardless if lights are 12/12 they will do just fine.

So its all over ......I don't have any final weights but first impressions are that the LED had better results. Buds seem larger and more dense. Now obviously the debate will rage on over LED vs HPS but for myself and my little unscientific test I'm sold on the LED. I'm by no means an expert and they were both fairly small lights , I'm sure somebody could show a dominant HPS example just as easily. The lower row drying is the LED , upper HPS.
Final verdict - I have quite a bit of bud ....lol

Great test i love seeing this kinda stuff done, one thing just be aware that both lights were pretty close that there will be light overlap from both lights so it could affect the results. Having both lights overlap could be better then just running the single led or single hps. Just an observation, but great work i love seeing this stuff and im a big led guy more so quantum board then cob then blurple leds if i had to put them in an order.

150 Watts should be able to sufficiently flower 1 plant from what I researched
I've flowered two plants under that exact light a few years ago. It'll do the job.

Back
Top Bottom