HPS vs LED

yeah, was wondering what he is trying to do. If he rotates them everyday, gets the best of both world, of sorts.

But I think it will be interesting to see the outcome myself.

I believe they are good lights for the price and I’ve heard several people say that they do better than mars in flower especially.✌️
I like the different modes they have. Also the timer function but I think thats a more expensive model. Also who here hasnt got an abundance of plug timers? Lol

yeah, was wondering what he is trying to do. If he rotates them everyday, gets the best of both world, of sorts.

But I think it will be interesting to see the outcome myself.
I actually had the hps laying around so I decided to add it and see for myself, after reading all the hype and debate over hps vs led thought try it and see if it makes a difference. I realize its not a very scientific test but might be interesting if the buds directly under it are any better/worse than the Led.

I hear ya! You are performing a test and that's what counts... It's easy just to say than do.

Let them shine for ya! :cool:
I like your idea of rotating them for the best of both worlds but they are heavy and awkward. Maybe next run I’ll hang the hps vertical for some side lighting????

I like your idea of rotating them for the best of both worlds but they are heavy and awkward. Maybe next run I’ll hang the hps vertical for some side lighting????

You can't go wrong with that. But as I said I think draw light from both as it is. Special the buds in the middle. I took out the board from my 90w ufo and hung it vertikal along the side of the plant, worked great!

This is encouraging to watch, I actually own a Viparspectra 450W myself, but it's only been used for tomatos thus far, waiting to start my 1st grow. I am considering buying a Viparspectra 900W to go with the 450W.
I was going to do what your doing with an HPS side by side, but I think I'm gonna go all LED and see what happens.
Great grow, thanks for posting!

I had the Viparspectra 600W before I moved over to Quantums
Honestly, if I didn't have the cash burning a hole in my pocket
I would have been very happy with the Vipars
They were doing a great job and the plants loved it
I only got a couple of weeks into flower with them, so I can't say what would have happened after that
But, my experience with Viparspectra has been very positive
The guy I sold it to has used it for his grow and is now well into flowering
I'll post some of his pics if I can

This is neat. The plant under the viper will win and here's why. Concentrated light source. The HPS will probably help the plant under the viper more than the other way around because of the secondary lenses. Running them in different tents would be a bit more telling I think, but I commend your experiment none the less! And even more cause I was looking at the exact s lights as my first lights months ago. Needless to say I will live vicariously through you if that's okay?

If I remember correctly someone ran a kilo watt on the 150 watt HPS and it ran a bit higher. So maybe the wattage at the wall are closer than we all think? Idk, idc just excited to see this.

:goodluck::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom