HPS vs LED

Hebrewdiver

Greetings fellow farmers I am about 4 week out of harvest. I have been growing under a 600w led by Bloomspect most of the grow. i decided to change it out now just to see how it would affect the grow. i changed it out with a 150w hps by sun system. With in days i'm starting to see a lot more trichs. Do you think the 150w hps is a better light or is it just a timing thing that if I had left up the 600w I would have gotten the same results.

Hey Amigo
150w HPS v 135w LED - HPS uses most of its power to generate loads of heat and a lot of unusable light
So in my opinion although you might see an initial spurt similar to stretch with introduction of the HPS, overall I have found tighter and more frosting under burples, which logically does not surprise me at all
That' my 2c, but the price is negotiable lol :cool:
*Note, other suggestions are available hahaha*

When you added the little HPS, why didn't you leave the little LED panel in there? Are you gardening in a box that's smaller than three square feet?

If it's larger than three square feet, or is that size but is kind of an extreme rectangle (1'×3'), such that one low-wattage HPS won't have good coverage from wall to wall... then I'd throw the little blurple party light back in there, too.

Back
Top Bottom