HR keeps saying, Non-DOT Drug Screen: why?

WeedPlease69

420 Member
Hello to my new friends. I have a UA coming up for a transportation-based business. They sprang a pre-employment drug screen on me after I accepted the offer. Of note, the HR person kept saying "non-DOT".

The safety-related positions are DOT which is understandable.

I understand that difference between DOT and non-DOT, I just don't understand why it is important for HR to make that distinction to me.

Anyone know?

A DOT drug screen tests a specimen for five drugs—opiates, PCP, amphetamines/methamphetamines, marijuana and cocaine. A DOT-approved chain-of-custody form is used during the collection process, a split sample is collected and the specimens are forwarded to the laboratory for testing. Following the MRO's review, results are reported to the designated reporting agency. Non-DOT drug testing can be expanded into a 10-panel drug screen by testing for the above five drugs and adding barbiturates, benzodiazepines, methadone, methaqualone and propoxyphene.

What I found with a web search, seemed to see the same thing a few different sites so likely correct info but I don't know anything from personal experience (and Employers will rarely tell you what they screening for as they can choose what they want to test for). So actually opposite of what I would have guessed, as would think the DOT one would look for more things.

Hey thanks, Dwight Monk. I hope I'm not going to learn any new surprises like "oh, BTW, we do randoms". These employers should really be regulated to tell applicants up front what their procedures are for drug testing.

Hey thanks, Dwight Monk. I hope I'm not going to learn any new surprises like "oh, BTW, we do randoms". These employers should really be regulated to tell applicants up front what their procedures are for drug testing.

Hopefully it be legal on the Federal soon and all that may go away for Cannabis anyway, but that may be awhile and until then they can pretty much do what they want in most places (one of the Legal States had some legislation that didn't permit Employers looking for it, but there were exceptions to it also).

I worked in the transportation industry for years and smoked just used the synthetic urine to pass cause even if i am not smoking or anything i will still test positive because of some of the medications the doctor has me on.

When you use asthma medications and if you take naproxyn sodium you can test positive for weed.

I worked in the transportation industry for years and smoked just used the synthetic urine to pass cause even if i am not smoking or anything i will still test positive because of some of the medications the doctor has me on.

When you use asthma medications and if you take naproxyn sodium you can test positive for weed.
The synthetic urine is reliable with DOT testing? I also work in transportation and have been thinking the wizzanator on hand is a good idea :passitleft:

Yep and now they have it called UPass and it is synthetic urine in a bottle just heat for 10 seconds and you good
:hookah:

I think by that she means the DOT "trucker piss test" where they go in there with you and stare at your dick while you piss. Strangely legal. You will just have to go into a place a piss in a room by yourself. They may stand outside and listen, though.

The testing for 5 types of drugs is called a 5-panel test, and it goes up to ...a lot of drugs. The most common are 5, 7 and 9-panel tests. Felons get 20+panel DOJ drug tests.

Back
Top Bottom