HSO Sour Diesel & HSO Blue Dream & DBHBB

Gaffle

Well hello there! How is all you nice peoples? I am finally putting up a journal with the intentions of doing the DBHBB proud! I avoided a journal with my first round of growing solely so I could get the feel of the process. I wanted to get one grow done by using some advice from the gang, and by using my "gut feelings". Everything worked out splendidly! I am going to begin this journal with a little photo journey of my last grow. This was some HSO Blue Dream from Herbies. I would do business with Herbies again, no prob. I used a cheap "300watt" LED, thats it. Here is beginning to end. These seeds were cracked on Mar 17th, went until July 16th.

IMG_20160329_212301.jpg
IMG_20160330_201003.jpg
IMG_56929.jpg
IMG_56975.jpg
IMG_20160515_100120.jpg
P10201061.JPG
P10201072.JPG
P10201083.JPG
P10201091.JPG
P10201103.JPG
IMG_20160803_085234.jpg

OK, that paves the way for the new beginning! Time to copy/paste for proper info purposes.

What strain is it? Blue Dream and Sour Diesel
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mostly Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks old
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil, specifically the DBHBB
Size of light? Soon to be 400watt MH/HPS
Is it aircooled? Yes it will be
Temp of Room/cab? 77F
RH of Room/cab? 44%

Well lets get right into it. Here are a few pics of my new beginning. This part of the story is when it gets sad. This first photo is of the first of my 2 seeds to pop. I don't have the space for multiple plants in multiple stages so I have to rely on good seeds and no F-Ups. Well my first BD popped and is doing quite well. The second BD had a great disaster. I was being mega impatient and I was in the process of my "seed watching". I was picking up the cups to try to get an early glimpse of my seedlings pushing through. Cup #2 was in my hand and I was in the process of setting it down in the tray, when all of a sudden my left hand turned into some kind of asshole and knocked over my cup! Holy crap I was so pissed at myself. A large clump of soil that happened to have the seedling in the middle remained intact. I carefully took the soil clump and packed it back into the cup. Unfortunately my little girl didn't make it. I was out of BD, so I had some free Sour Diesel seeds sitting around. Sour D was planted and it popped a few days later. My plants are 6 days apart from sprouting.

First Blue Dream just popped.

IMG_614910.jpg

I was reading Stages journal awhile ago and I think he started a trend. I had to go in the way of Stage, and showcased my footwear. You will never know what kind of footwear may pop up in my journal.

IMG_615010.jpg

Now here we are with my current situation. The larger plant is BD popped on Aug 11th. Small seedling is SD popped on Aug 17th.

IMG_61688.jpg
IMG_61693.jpg

Sometime later I will post a pic of my root systems from my 2 previous plants. One plant was noticeably larger, but they were also in the same spot, popped one week apart. My large plant had a very nice rootball. It was a tad small as to what I thought it should have been. My 2nd plant had a itty bitty root ball. Something was not quite right. I will say that I did not use my kit as throughly as I should have. My brix and de-stress sprays were not used properly. I am using this round to not make the same mistakes, I mean I will probably make NEW mistakes, but we shall see. I feel that part of my problem was in-ample lighting. That little LED worked, it produced 2.oz dry, but that is a bit weak. Sometime this week I will finish hanging my new 400watt HID light + air-cooled hood. Reflector is small, but the heat issue is something I cannot fight easily.

This is short and quick. This early in the game there is not much to see or do, just wait around and watch my weed grow. I hope to be diligent in my journal, sometimes there is so much to read here that I just cannot focus! I will end it here and hope I did not type like a complete jackass, I don't feel like back reading my shit to find correctly spelled yet hopelessly misplaced words. If you find some, enjoy!

Hi Gaffle

Nice Hasselblad :)

Oh, yeah, and the grow is not bad at all. Blue Dream will, surely, knock your socks off. One of my favorite strains.

I feel that part of my problem was in-ample lighting. That little LED worked, it produced 2.oz dry, but that is a bit weak. Sometime this week I will finish hanging my new 400watt HID light + air-cooled hood.

That's what I'd do.

:popcorn:

Best.

Hi Gaffle

Nice Hasselblad :)

Oh, yeah, and the grow is not bad at all. Blue Dream will, surely, knock your socks off. One of my favorite strains.

:popcorn:

Best.

Hello Croatsan, welcome! I hope to have something groovy kicking here. Pull up a chair yo.

subbed goid strains and in docs kit aswell ,going to be awesome

Photos, I do hope this is going to be awesome. I hope my house can handle the awesome smell, hah.

So, being that I am new to the solo cub gig, how long should I have my plants in the cups? I know everything is small right now so I'm not worried about a transplant, just don't know the specific timeline. After solo it will be going to 1gal and finally to 10gal.

How long should I have my plants in the cups? I know everything is small right now so I'm not worried about a transplant, just don't know the specific timeline. After solo it will be going to 1gal and finally to 10gal.

When I was growing in soil I had them in 200ml yoghurt cups for around two weeks, until the roots formed a solid mass (start curling around the cup). Then I transplanted it into its final pot.

If you wanna use 1 gallon inbetween, the same rule would apply.

So, being that I am new to the solo cub gig, how long should I have my plants in the cups? I know everything is small right now so I'm not worried about a transplant, just don't know the specific timeline. After solo it will be going to 1gal and finally to 10gal.

Hi Gaffle, today I transplanted a 19 day old Blue Dream into Hempy Buckets. There's a pic of the roots. I'm growing in coco and perlite, so keep that in mind. Link is in the sig.

I got the word over at Doc's, so here I am! :slide: :ciao:

A lot of people are running Blue Dream this round - got some myself that I'll be starting soon. Now that you're journaling the gang should be along soon. :bongrip:

Blue dream is a great strain I have used bd in my breeding program, awesome genetics, my favourite pheno is the sat donkey d!cks massive colas

I answered in Doc's thread, but I go 2-3 weeks in cups before up-potting to 1 gallon.
Let 'em dry out some and knock them out of their cups. Take a look and if not root bound, just drop 'em back in and water.

Yup, 2-3 weeks in solos. I use solos every time. We'll get you going Gaffle! DBHBB is as easy as it gets. Just be patient and learn what each product does to your plants. Youll get better at picking what to use, how much and when. Until then just follow the directions for a time or 2 :)

I just did a blue dream journal...Its on here somewhere lol

Thx for joining everyone! I will be attempting some LST this round which I have no experience with so this shall be fun.

We are at day 14 of the BD and day 8 of the SD. I will wait another week before moving the BD, I really want those roots to sink in deep.

IMG_61727.jpg

My last grow was showing my noobness with impatience. I was moving the light a lot, watering too much instead of chillin (at the seedling stage at least), and just being impulsive with my actions. Now that I am seasoned some I have stopped such impulsive actions and I feel that I am already benefiting from it. My BD is already nice and tight.

IMG_61736.jpg

I wish I had extra space for the genetic hoarding that occurs here. I get jealous looking at all these gardens and different strains just chilling. The BD is a great smoke, but I need a solid bowl for myself. The high makes me have fun no matter what I am doing. I just watched that show on Netflix about the weed editor for a newspaper in Colo. At one point they hire a dude to be a tester and he visits a dispensary. The clerk at the dispensary is talking strains and brings up BD, says that strain is great to take his dog for a walk. I would concur, just add that its great for just about anything! I can pull a few tokes before bed and be all good as well. I am planning to clone my BD and SD just because it will save time in my next grow, starting from seed is good but it takes so long! I have no idea how the SD will go as to my personal liking, that last batch I had from another grower was ok, nothing special. Hopefully SD will take some good traits with kit soil. I have a Lemon something in my future tho...

Yup, 2-3 weeks in solos. I use solos every time. We'll get you going Gaffle! DBHBB is as easy as it gets. Just be patient and learn what each product does to your plants. Youll get better at picking what to use, how much and when. Until then just follow the directions for a time or 2 :)

I just did a blue dream journal...Its on here somewhere lol

I did a quick review of you journal Tard, very nice! My small led was not strong enough for them big colas, hopefully more light this round will be the ticket. It's been awhile so have you found a new place yet?

So this weekend my HID will be installed, should I go with MH or just HPS? It was cheaper to get the package with both bulbs rather than one, but dunno if I want to mess with the light once I have it all hooked up to cool tube and ducting.

I did a quick review of you journal Tard, very nice! My small led was not strong enough for them big colas, hopefully more light this round will be the ticket. It's been awhile so have you found a new place yet?

So this weekend my HID will be installed, should I go with MH or just HPS? It was cheaper to get the package with both bulbs rather than one, but dunno if I want to mess with the light once I have it all hooked up to cool tube and ducting.

If you won't/can't change bulbs later on just go with the HPS bro. But if you CAAAAN...id go with the mh first then switch at flower :)

Yes mh veg and hps flower or just hps all through an interesting fact is 600w of hps is more lumens than 600w mh same for 400watters etc.
So if in doubt break the hps out

If you have a very compact strain your working with and want/need to lengthen the nodes then hps veg can help you achieve that , if you have a strain that has longer node spacing and you like it shorter then mh is the tool, also varying the intensity (by distance from canopy ) will also lengthen or shorten nodes.

Also some people will run mh for the last 2 weeks flower for extra Trichs ,I tried this and buds wereca little leafier Trichs yes at expense of extra leaf in the nug was my experience, also uv light that worked for me to trich up a girl quite nicely uvb 10 is the bulb I have for supplementation.

Just a few ways the lights are used not just to grow the plants but shape them aswell, right down to the last node!

Finally got my lamp up. Installing the cool tube was a interesting endeavor, the amount of light being pumped out of this MH is just great. Cool tube was installed at about 1:00 yesterday so today will be first full day of HID goodness. Just checked on plants and it is interesting how much movement has already happened with half a day of extra par. I shall post some pics of my new setup later today. It is hard to read all the wonderful journals out there and be a family man and work on my own garden. No rest for the wicked!

I transplanted my BD to the 1gal pots. Had to cut off a large chunk of bound root that was just chillin at the bottom of my solo cup, the plant has responded very well. Yesterday was brix spray for the both. The 1gal seems light so I may do GE today, depends, plant is showing no signs of wilting. I just want to do a good dunk!

EDIT : Had a 3 toke from some of my BD last round. Got a groovy little wake and bake happening. I seem to be adhering to my kids school schedule so body makes me get up extra early. Might as well make the best of it, eh?

Cool tube? Check!

0013047.JPG

0022953.JPG

Keeping temp real well. That gauge is at the bottom of room so temp will be higher as canopy grows. I am super happy with this setup.

0032834.JPG

Small Sour Diesel.

0042646.JPG

Vegging Blue Dream.

0052486.JPG

All is rolling well now. Next step is to transplant the SD to a 1gal, then both get a feeding. Gonna do a DunK!

Back
Top Bottom