HTG EasyCool 6 vs. Euro Air Cooled Hood

upinvapor

I am trying to find a hood to cool a 400W HPS. The space is going to be 5' (L) x 2' (W) x 6' (H). I was originally going to go with a cool tube from HTG but read that you get better reflectivity from an air cooled hood, so I am trying to decide between HTGSupply's EasyCool 6 ( High Tech Garden Supply ) or their Euro Air Cooled Hood which is a little cheaper ( High Tech Garden Supply ).

Does anyone have experience with either of these hoods? Which would you guys suggest between these two for my setup? I am planning on running a modded stanley blower to use ducting to the intake on the blower to pull air through the light hood, ducting and then the blower blows it out. I am also considering adding a carbon filter somewhere in the ducting. Is it better to have it setup like filter > Short run of Duct >Hood > Duct > Blower outside box or should I have it Hood > Short run of duct > Filter > Duct > Blower outside box? Or should I not try to put a carbon filter on this line and put it somewhere else instead?

I was wanting to use the stanley to pull air to cool hood and also filter it but if it would be better to just have ducting pull fresh air from outside the box to the hood then from the hood through duct to the blower I can go that way too.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Hello again upinvapor!
I dont know about the HTG line up but I used to run a hydrofarm air cooled daystar reflector on my 430 and then switched to a cool tube because of continuing heat problems.
I had my reservations about switching thinking I would be giving up valuble light reflection but those fears quickly subsided with my first harvest under the cool tube. The cool tube yield blew away the daystar yield just because the heat was managed better and the plants had cooler air flow circulating the canopy. My buds actually gained density which is saying the light coming out of that cool tube is pretty strong.
The average weight gain from ct vs daystar was 9 dry grams per plant. That's almost a bonus cola per plant!

I have the Euro now, you're better off with the Easy cool 6. Or if you could get them to give you "AirFlow". :blushsmile:

I using the easy cool 6 with a digital 1000 watt hps and im cooling it with a htg 424 cfm inline fan my temps stay at around 78 degrees my plants love it!

Hey man I use a 250 with aircooled hood and have never had heat issues and keep it between 6-8 inches from the tops.

Nice my reflector can you either a 250 or 400. But a 250 can kick out some heat unvented. I ran a 150 diy hps with a diy batwing with a small pc fan blowing on the bulb and temps got about mid 90's if Im remebering right.

That was exactly what I was planning to do with my 250W MH. I was planning to rig up a 90CFM 120mm PC fan to be blowing on it non stop. Well I will have to rethink my plan now. I have to do something with these PC fans. I bought 4 of them for $20 a piece.. should have just bought a decent inline for the same amount.

Today I saw a used HTG easy cool six for sale at my local supply house. It had major scorch burns from the bulb that was used in the reflector.
In my opinion it's a direct result of the inferior Chinese made grow equipment that HTG sells and should be avoided.

Back
Top Bottom