HTL's #1: Purple Bud & White Haze, 2 x 2.5, LED 210W

Yep it is but after 2 or 3 grows the novelty wears off and then checking the girls becomes a chore at times.
For sure, some days I already feel like that. Like most growers say; the vegging and training is fun and rewarding, but after the flowering stretch... not so much. Really excited to flush, harvest, dry, cure and smoke for the first time though!

Yep that's always fantastic, it will be the best smoke you guys have ever tried.
Why did your message just make me emotional? Heh... I rectract my previous statement; I am beyond excited.

Once you start with homegrown everything else just won't do anymore.
I haven't bought flower from a dispensary in over 2 years now. I save money growing instead of just buying and my stuff is better than their top shelf. I'm definitely a self admitted weed snob now.

I love your note taking and organization HTL! Going to be fun to watching this finish and I am already excited for your next round! Plus you have Pennywise around so you're all set now.

For sure, some days I already feel like that. Like most growers say; the vegging and training is fun and rewarding, but after the flowering stretch... not so much. Really excited to flush, harvest, dry, cure and smoke for the first time though!
Pennywise nailed it. Some mornings I is indeed a real chore to go water and what not when I am working 14 hour days. And I have to work around the lighting schedule...arrgh

I really do appreciate the kind words and I'll sub up to your journal for sure! Usually more quadsquad people join in but if you have any questions make sure to drop them in my journal. It tend to gets answered quicker that way, even if I am not around for a few days. I'm stoked to watch you try your hand at coco and I really think you'll like it. If you have issues you can correct them quickly as long as you are following sound advice. I should be dropping new seeds soon and will heavily focus on quadlining again so sounds like we will won't be too far apart in our grows.

This forums rocks and you can find so much good stuff on here. I'm honored you chose my ways to try out. I always feel like an excited little kid when a new person comes out of the blue and wants to try my ways. I was just a normal beginner like everyone else a few years ago with no knowledge. It all came from this website. Coco is the best for me for the way I like to grow but I've taken bits and pieces from soil growers and applied them to coco. You can never stop learning here! I'm just happy that I've been able to give back to this community.

Very much looking forward to watching you do your thing in your next run with coco. I'm sure the other quadsquad members likely will too.
Considering how far you've come in such a short period of time you must be doing something right, eh? :cool: I was planning on mainlining my second grow, but I got intrigued at the thought of less veg time with a similar result. And I like the thought of the "scrogless scrog".

I think I will like growing in coco so I can quickly adjust things if they go awry. I don't like being a passive 'bystander' and with the soil pH issues that I've had this grow I've felt like that a lot. So I think I'd rather use a "neutral" medium that I can control better.

I haven't bought flower from a dispensary in over 2 years now. I save money growing instead of just buying and my stuff is better than their top shelf. I'm definitely a self admitted weed snob now.

I love your note taking and organization HTL! Going to be fun to watching this finish and I am already excited for your next round! Plus you have Pennywise around so you're all set now.
Thank you, I'm glad everyone is liking my journal style so much! I really do love writing.

I will drop a line in your thread if I need advice from the #QuadSquad! And like you said, I have Pennywise here so I'm sure I'll be alright ;)

Pennywise nailed it. Some mornings I is indeed a real chore to go water and what not when I am working 14 hour days. And I have to work around the lighting schedule...arrgh
Welcome to my grow journal Malakai! These plants definitely deserve getting well taken care of, later on they take good care of us ;)

October 25th — PB F35 — WH 71
Time to water WH, aimed for a 1-6-4 ratio to help her fatten up a bit. Took out my notepad and did the math. Ended up giving her 5 litres (wanted to make sure there’s plenty of runoff) with 1 ml CalMag, 1 ml Rhino Skin, 2 ml Bloom B, 11 ml Terpinator, 10g Bat Guano and 1/2 tsp Molasses. Checked her trichomes and they're still not fully cloudy. Hoping that I get to start flushing her soon.

So this is what the closet looks like currently... what do you say guys, should I defioliate a bit maybe? :oops:

Screenshot_6.png

Yeaah they do not fit in there...

DISCLAIMER — This next part isn't so much a part of the grow journal as it is a diary entry, so read on if you'd like or move on to the next posting. Bear with me as I share some emotions and thoughts.

Finding this forum has been a very emotional thing for me, in many ways. I've been here for 3 days and all I want to do right now is read everything and talk to everyone. I feel so much excitement, joy, nervousness, anticipation. Finding a scene where I can finally share my passion for growing with others. Where I can openly talk about cannabis, coming from a country where it's villianized and illegal. Where everyone is so nice and welcoming... I feel like I've found a safe haven, a home of sorts.

I just sat down and read through the completed grow journal written by oldrthandirt (vietnam veteran and multiple cancer patient) 6 years ago; 42 Year Old Bag Seed! And for those who haven't read it; he managed to grow 4 plants all the way to harvest. His anecdotes and style or writing brought me to both laughter and tears... I ugly cried when I finished the journal and saw he hasn't been active on the forum since 2013. Anyway... when I've cured this grow I'm rolling one for him.

HTL out for now ✌️

:hug: this is a part of a journal too.
When you write from the heart, you can sence the other person and therfore you feel them.
It isn't necessarily bad that he is not here since then.

Greetings HTL! Great read and excellent job for your first grow :thumb:. The longer I'm here the more I see excellent first grows, which is terrific! I'm thinking of Magoo, Dutch, and Heavenly Hybrid off the top of my head. And I'll add you to that list :).

When this grow is done, one of the things you should do when blending your next batch of soil is test the pH of the soil itself. Most store-bought soil is balanced around 6.5-6.7 and you can do the same if you test it. All you need for a soil test is some distilled water:

How to Test Soil Using the Slurry Method

1. Gather some soil from the test area.
  2. Take the homogeneous sample and add equal parts of soil and distilled or deionized (DI) water in a 1:1 ratio. So, for 25 grams of soil you would add 25 mL of water.
  3. Stir the sample for 5 seconds.
  4. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
  5. Start stirring the sample again after 15 minutes, and take your measurement.
Then you'll know if you're starting in a good range for the plants.

Greetings HTL! Great read and excellent job for your first grow :thumb:. The longer I'm here the more I see excellent first grows, which is terrific! I'm thinking of Magoo, Dutch, and Heavenly Hybrid off the top of my head. And I'll add you to that list :).
Aww, thank you Shed! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you! And he’s so right HTL, you are doing such a great job. I feel very much like you about the grow, the forum, (I named my girls too :D) and being able to express yourself about something that has to be a secret! I’m a book studier too and it has been so nice to get a helping hand from the wealth of knowledge here. :green_heart: Going it alone (even with your bf) is hard! You’ve done so well and I’m excited to see this through with you! :kiss:

When this grow is done, one of the things you should do when blending your next batch of soil is test the pH of the soil itself. Most store-bought soil is balanced around 6.5-6.7 and you can do the same if you test it. All you need for a soil test is some distilled water:

How to Test Soil Using the Slurry Method

1. Gather some soil from the test area.
  2. Take the homogeneous sample and add equal parts of soil and distilled or deionized (DI) water in a 1:1 ratio. So, for 25 grams of soil you would add 25 mL of water.
  3. Stir the sample for 5 seconds.
  4. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
  5. Start stirring the sample again after 15 minutes, and take your measurement.
Then you'll know if you're starting in a good range for the plants.
Hi @InTheShed ! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my journal. And thank you so for your kind words!
I'll be trying that slurry method asap, thanks. :) Also, do you think I should defoliate the girls again considering how cramped my space has gotten?

October 25th — PB F35 — WH
So this is what the closet looks like currently... what do you say guys, should I defioliate a bit maybe? :oops:

HTL out for now ✌️
I would probably defoliate a little at least if it were me. It’s certainly up to you though (decisions, decisions) :D I looked through Newty and Asesino85 journals to get an idea of what to take before I defoliated mine.

Aww, thank you Shed! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you! And he’s so right HTL, you are doing such a great job. I feel very much like you about the grow, the forum, (I named my girls too :D) and being able to express yourself about something that has to be a secret! I’m a book studier too and it has been so nice to get a helping hand from the wealth of knowledge here. :green_heart: Going it alone (even with your bf) is hard! You’ve done so well and I’m excited to see this through with you! :kiss:
Aww, thank you HH :love:

I would probably defoliate a little at least if it were me. It’s certainly up to you though (decisions, decisions) :D I looked through Newty and Asesino85 journals to get an idea of what to take before I defoliated mine.
I was feeling like I should, just wanted some confirming messages to go through with it! :laugh:

At this stage I would just take out anything blocking a bud or blocking the airflow. You want to make sure every flower is getting light and that the leaves are not stacking on top of each other which could promote mold. Not sure I would do a major defol now on your first grow.
Did a pretty big defoliation around week 4 of flower! I didn't go completely ham and removed all of the big leaves, mostly due to lack of confidence. But I removed 47 leaves off of my biggest plant and 34 off of my smaller one (don't ask me why I counted them lol). But I will take your advice and defoliate as much I feel is reasonable!

Back
Top Bottom