Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Oh good, because I heard a rumor that if there wasn't photographic evidence, people might not believe it actually occurred.

Oh you mean pics or it didn't happen. Jeep Wave OIIIIIIO :snowboating:

Harvest Day - Candida CD-1!:rollit:

Hey sportsfans! I wished for a dry, sunny, breezy day. The day I’d planned for harvest 2 things happened; I was not up the task — and then it rained :cheesygrinsmiley: I’d taken the CD-1 out of the tent at lights-on the night before which meant that it got another 24hours of darkness/semidarkness before being chopped.

Finally, yesterday, I got my wish and then some :laughtwo: Warm spring day with dry westerly winds and an RH that got down to 25% by the end of the day :eek:. It was 30-40% most of the day.
photographic evidence
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

:laughtwo: bendy!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

It got really, really windy!

full

It hung out in the windy day for about 4hours after budwash. Then I brought it in and hung it in the dark underdesk zone with some computer fans pointed at the walls and floor, just keeping the air moving.

It was such a nice warm day, and because we’ve had a lot of rain lately the dryness didn’t seem harsh at all and was just perfect for drying off the washed buds. We had lots of companions outside as per normal in the forest. This pied currawong has been visiting every day this past week, collecting gobs full of bugs out of the grass and taking them away somewhere close by - no doubt to feed some hungry youngins!

full

Hope you enjoyed hanging out in the forest for a while, thanks for coming by :ganjamon: . I plan to do a seperate grow report at some stage, but not today.
:love:
:Namaste:

This is indica pheno I am pretty sure. That’s mostly based on the difference on the flower structure. Ive been waiting for this one to finish before i update the Candida thread with both the ones I’ve grown so far. Comparing these just 2 pics of buds close to finish for example...

Outdoor CD-1 - “sativa” pheno, I’m pretty sure:
full

And from above the indoor “Indica” pheno:
full

One is inside and one is out and that can make flowers denser or lighter for sure, but this looks like more than that to me as the structure is so different. They grew flowers differently all the way through - i’ll aim to collect some comparisons at different stages of the grow. I also kno that h00k grew the sativa pheno indoors just recently and I’ve noticed that particular flower structure on his as well. :popcorn:

...mine was the sativa leaning pheno, an it showed more once dried...the buds were more airy than they appeared on the plant, which resulted in a lower yield than I would have expected, given the size of the plant...sticky as all get out tho', so all in all I was quite pleased...yet to be tested...

...cheerz Amy,,,Everyone... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

sticky as all get out tho'
Gosh it is! The one i grew outside was actually stickier than this one, and this one was super sticky. Maybe the suspected sativa pheno is also stickier :hmmmm:
So the sativa pheno is similar to a THC sativa plant in that the buds are off to the side rather than collected into what we would consider one cola? If that's the difference, then it seems like a CD-1 sativa is like any other, but with tighter bud spacing
If I’m reading you correctly, I’ll answer by saying I would have have expected as much :), in terms of it being like any other THC dominant sativa anyway. That, along wth perhaps some features during veg and those have been less clear to some of us — and will change depending on grow conditions etc. It’s the whole picture I’m trying to get a read on but so far this differnce in flower structure is the most noticeable and consistent thing to me. ANd yeah, definitely the more densely packed aspect to the indica bud structure.

I can say this at this stage tho - I don’t think we get much indication of phenotype from the leaves. That vine may change over time. I also ahve to remember that this one was the whirlypsychotaxi (whorled phylotaxy) all over so had some other genetic thing going on as well.

I’ve just been looking through the ACE seeds catalogue - so nice to have a printed thing to hold and read - and i can see the same differences I’m seeing here in terms of sativa indica flower. I’ll research a bit to see if i can find any botanical descriptions of the flower type - it’s to do with the style and shape of the bracts as well as how they stack within a ‘bud’, and then how the buds arrange on the stems. (FYI bracts, for anyone wondering, are what cannabis ‘folk botany’ calls calyxes. I tend to use the terms interchangeably but technically we cannot see the calyx - it’s very small membrane down inside the bract :) )

I’m not sure what you mean visually by off to the side :hmmmm: but we can talk on it more and i’m Sure i’ll Get what you mean at some stage! I’ll do a more in-depth tracking of the flower development in the Candida thread. I’m hoping to get that done before the end of this month, while things are fresh in my mind about it and before I go away during Nov - when I’ll be out of internet range for a while :D

(FYI bracts, for anyone wondering, are what cannabis ‘folk botany’ calls calyxes. I tend to use the terms interchangeably but technically we cannot see the calyx - it’s very small membrane down inside the bract :) )
:thanks:

Got distracted by the pheno discussion yesterday...
beautiful, frosty, and floppy Candida specimen! :bravo:
Candida is absolutely gorgeous,:woohoo:

Thanks both! :thanks:
extra-long trichomes
long trichs are magnificent
IKR! They are pretty spectacular.
Congrats on that Harvest Amy!
Thanks Age - a warning for the harvest... super bendy and super sticky can be a very challenging combination :laughtwo: :eek:
Wow, such a better view of them when they’re outdoors and out of the tent! Beautiful job Amy! Candida looks fantastic :thumb:
Thanks Heavenly :thanks: I love it when I get to take them outside for harvest and see all their ‘true’ colours in the sunlight :yummy:

Update (Photodrop!) - Bubba Hash 56 days post-flip :slide:

All pics from a few days ago, during a Transwater - which I decided to make a little weak because the last couple of weeks I’ve burnt the tips just a little bit #livingontheedge!

At this stage it’s taking up 1gal of drench every 3 days quite easily. It’s due again tonight so I’m curious to see if it’s slowing down yet. My watering tech is half in the saucer and the rest down the top, semi slowly (I usually do 1L in the saucer, 1L slowly on top and then come back 10-20mins later and do the same with whatever is left). I can tell how dry the pot was by how fast the water in the tray disappears — the TW I gave a few days ago disappeared completely in 15 minutes so that’s still pretty quick.

The ‘tacoing’ on the upper leaves is even more pronounced now and the lower leaves have been curly like that for a while which is partly to do with having been squished up on all sides for along time, i think :hmmmm: (and b/c it was drench time)

After taking down the Candida, Bubba Hash has the whole tent to spread out in :slide:

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I’m thinking harvest in a week, which would be 10 days from these pics. That may change ... we will see.

I’m actually toking on a quick dried Bubba clipping this morning and I like it very much :cheesygrinsmiley: Lemon/lime merengue pie with lots of maltiness up front and a bit of bubblegum and pear towards the end of the vape. I like the high/stone a lot and it has some decent pain relieving properties for me, as well. My legs have the same easing sensation I get after applying the topical oil.

Happy days. :ganjamon:

Blessings from my garden to yours, my 420 fam and visitors passing throoooo.
:love:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom