Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

Thanks Alafornia - :welcome: I absolutely embrace lateness so you’re right on time :ganjamon:

——
I’m currently watching my recording of last nights World Cup Soccer match btw USA and England :popcorn::love::popcorn::love::popcorn:

Just dropped in to say... it’s always such a relief when things arrive!

8373AAE7-4379-4417-8633-621B31B45A69.jpeg

:woohoo::thanks:
:party::party:

Update: Bubba Hash (day 23) Candida CD-1 (day 21)

High everyone! Let’s see the plants eh!?

Both received a Transplant Drench yesterday - a nice dunk/drench and they woke up very nicely at the next lights on.

full

Bubba Hash is recovering a little - I let it get too dry, so now I know what it looks like when it’s thirsty, which is a little different to most other plants i’ve grown. It didn’t wilt exactly, just curled - kinda different. No biggie, I’m told it can handle being super dry better than most. Still a little curly...

full

It already has some 9 bladed leaves, but the leaves are so huge you’d be hard pressed to see that detail amongst all the leaf!

full

I will top it in a couple of days. It’s due for it’s first Brix foliar spray and I decided I’d like to do that with all that leaf surface before I top it. It seems like the right thing to do. If there’s any experienced brixers reading this who think this doesn’t matter so much then I hope they speak up ;)

It’ll be getting topped all the way down to the first 2 nodes. It will be a wrench :eek: to chop off all that plant! I may try to clone the tops, just for fun and practice (meaning I’ll put it in water and see what happens lol!)

It’s so tightly stacked that you have to took hard to see the distance between the cotyloedons and the first true node. It lost the first set of leaves - they got squished against the sides of the pot and were looking damaged and troubled, so I chopped them. I should probably remove those cotyledons that have died off as well I suppose...

full

Interesting little growth output below those cotyledons tho :hmmmm:

These are the 2 nodes i’ll be keeping.
full

Candida CD-1 is just rolling along with it and looking great. Woke up with that ‘electric’ appearance they can get after a dunk/drench.

full

full

Also pretty tightly stacked.

full

And very little distance between the cotyledons and the first node as well. This one will be topped down the the first 2 nodes as well. Here’s the 2 keeper nodes.

full

Both CD1 and Bubba will get a foliar later today (my today - it will be at lights on for them) and then I’ll top them about 24-36 hours later.Next update they will both have had the chop!

I’m probably a little late with the timing for topping, but there’ll be roots growing and that’s what we’re all about at this stage.

I took this one with the phone, through light frame - couldn’t hold the camera up there! Seedling (we hope) are about a foot or so below the plants and are suspended over a heat mat (using the little foam blocks that come with the mat). I have some water sitting in the little dish they’re on to keep the humidity up around them.

full

Today I’ll fill the 1gal brix pots, drench them with a dilution of the leftover TP and tomorrow I’ll soak the coco and get those pots ready. The seedling pucks will go into their final homes pretty much as soon as they come up.

Environment is still good - had some hot dry conditions for one day because we had to light the fire and things got out of control, environmentally not woth the actual fire ;). Back to optimum now with RH at the higher end of the spectrum because the pots are very wet. I figure that’s good for the sprouting seeds.

full

Wishing everyone who stops by a ripper day with a variety of meds :ganjamon:

:love:
:Namaste:

Just dropped in to say... it’s always such a relief when things arrive!
I agree! I got my latest shipment from Seedsman this morning. Right at two weeks from ordering. As always, I am super pleased. I decided to get a couple of high CBD photo strains to add to my collection: Royal Highness CBD from RQS 1:1 at about 14% and Critical Relief CBD from Garden of Green at 1:2 or about 6%/12%.

I agree! I got my latest shipment from Seedsman this morning. Right at two weeks from ordering. As always, I am super pleased. I decided to get a couple of high CBD photo strains to add to my collection: Royal Highness CBD from RQS 1:1 at about 14% and Critical Relief CBD from Garden of Green at 1:2 or about 6%/12%.
Well then you get a seed dancing party too BBnT! :party:

I'm pretty happy with my CBD Crack from Fast Buds at about 8-10% of each. I think I could ride the high of a 14/14 pretty well. Heck, even if the CBD doesn't get to 14%, it's still going to be fairly high as these things go. And I'm interested to see how a 1:2 works for me. I like having the THC for pain, but I can do without being high. I like buzzed. I like happy. I like relaxed. Getting too high kinda freaks me out. But then again, I mostly dose at night, and so if I feel like I'm too high, I just go to bed. lol

I gave a friend of mine some of the Canuck Blueberry that I grew earlier this year. He normally has about four times the tolerance that I do. He'll do two brownies to my half a brownie. He made oil from my Blueberry, ate two brownies like normal and had one of those "OMG, I'm so high I have to go to bed right this instant!" moments. Made me kinda proud of my product. lol

I love hearing stories like that - unless they involve someone having an actual bad time. I dont get high at all from the 1:1 dosing i’m doing. It almost completely eliminates my pain tho. So I must be landing the perfect sub-psychoactive but still effective amount. I just vape more THC if I want ot get high.

Since Ive had the CBD on hand I haven’t had to worry about those occasional moments of ‘oh bugger I’ve had too much THC’. They don’t happen often but sometimes they do so now I just reach for the CBD oil, drop some under the tongue and the ‘too much’ feeling goes away almost instantly.

Similarly, I often skip my regular 1:1 on the weekends so I can just toke it up and be blaazed :lot-o-toke:

We’ve been buying some cbd strains from the dispensary lately, but the selection seems so limited. I’m really excited to grow my own. Just like BBnT said, I like to get buzzed, but if I get too high, I get nothing accomplished. Looking forward to getting my cbd dosing all dialed in.

Looking good Amy, if you haven't sprayed yet I'd hit the bubba with destress a couple days before topping. If you've already sprayed then I'm sure it will be just fine. Destress before topping or taking clones makes things go a lot smoother. You'll get roots faster on clones if the donor plant was given destress 1st. Your plant will do fine either way this is just another tool in your tool box.

Speaking of CBD dosing, how and when do you consume CBD vs THC. Now that I've got some CBD inventory, I'm wondering the best way to use it - smoke, vape, edibles, oils? I really have no prior experience with CBD, so I'm curious. I was thinking most of mine would go into oils or edibles.

By the way Amy, great looking girls so far!! :circle-of-love:

:hmmmm: i’d say I’ve been growing properly myself for only a few years.

Indoors, this is my second run.
Why you ask...? :passitleft:

Inquiring minds want to know!

You are knowledgeable in more than a couple areas of growing, I know you've been studying too, I was curious. Seems like every run shows me something new. My purple am is just crazy with the feeding. The root ball must be massive, cause I soak the plant twice a day and every 12 hours when I take it out the plants light and ready for more.

Purple Amnesia races like a piss horse!

Looking good Amy, if you haven't sprayed yet I'd hit the bubba with destress a couple days before topping. If you've already sprayed then I'm sure it will be just fine. Destress before topping or taking clones makes things go a lot smoother. You'll get roots faster on clones if the donor plant was given destress 1st. Your plant will do fine either way this is just another tool in your tool box.
Thanks heaps for this - it rang a bell in the back of my mind actually so maybe you (or someone) has said that before. Missed the moment unfortunately but as you say, tools for the future :)

I need to learn how to listen to the voices of my instinct a bit better. Destress was in my mind - partly becasue I know I’m about to top, and also becasue Inknow Bubba got a little too dry... but I still did a Brix :hmmmm: Never mind :D They look amazing today so all is very good. Next time will be even better.

knowledgeable in more than a couple areas of growing, I know you've been studying too
I sometimes have a very retentive brain. Especially when it’s something I think is cool, or it has something to do with cannabis LOL! ANd when I remember details - I really remember details. It’s a blessing and a curse ;)

When I first joined 420 i was unable to really walk at all so I had a lot of down-time and boredom was a real problem. I passed the time reading grow journals here. Old, new, didnt matter, i just read the stuff i was interested in. I still do it sometimes when I stumble accross something interesting. I have time
:passitleft:

Speaking of CBD dosing, how and when do you consume CBD vs THC. Now that I've got some CBD inventory, I'm wondering the best way to use it - smoke, vape, edibles, oils? I really have no prior experience with CBD, so I'm curious. I was thinking most of mine would go into oils or edibles.

By the way Amy, great looking girls so far!! :circle-of-love:
Hey Luiz. It’s a good question actually. The recent course I did covered some stuff bout this and we leaned that CBD is not so efficient when ingested throught the gut. We can lose a lot of it in metabolic processes. (THC is differnt b/c it metabolises to a different and more potent form of THC, so even tho we lose some there, what’s left is stronger).

So we learnt that smoking/vaping or sublingual/buccal is much more efficient for CBD. That said I think gummies are an interesting solution because with gummies you’d get a lot of absorbtion in the mouth while chewing.

Personally I take my oils under the tongue. This method gets referred to as tacking i believe. I drop 1ml of each (THC & CBD) infusion and don’t swallow for as long as possible. I also spread it to my inner gums a bit using my tongue. This works well for me. At night I put a slightly higher dose on a cracker w peanut butter (and use an infusion made with a nice sedative indica for the THC).

None of that gets me stoned or high - well the nighttime dose does, but i only notice that If I wake up, which I don’t because it works so well :cheesygrinsmiley: The daytime dose does lift my spirits a lot tho, mood and energy-wise (daytime THC oil is always a ”Sativa leaner”).

If I want to get high I just make sure the recreational toke is a couple of hours after the CBD dose. Or I don’t have CBD at all that day - but that’s rare now.

CBD alone is also really good. I just use the 1:1 ratio because the primary issue I’m managing is pain and that’s the magic ratio for pain.

The main things to remember are: start low, go slow with dosing (so titration) and; that Cannabis is a biphasic medicine, meaning small amount can have the opposite effect to a larger amount. So you need to play around a bit too see how it works for you in different circumstances. I’ve told this story before but here’s an example: When I first vaped some straight CBD it sent me really very manic. And not in a particularly good way. I can be prone manic episodes so that was a decidedly undesirable effect. I could tell there was also something good going on tho so, having just learnt about the biphasic aspect, I decided to double the dose and bingo. Uplifting but also relaxed wth no manic. CBD is hyper alerting at low doses and more relaxing at higher doses. YMMV

Someone linked us to an article that covered it pretty well a few pages back - I’ll seek it out and repost. Shed liked something recently in his journal too I think. I’ll see... (unless he beats me to it!)

The rest is just playing around and figuring it what you like. Kind of like THC :D :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom