Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

So would we be advised to to a second run and mix the 2 together? Or would that actually potentially dilute the final blend, if the second infusion is weaker perhaps? :hmmmm: One day there will be a device that tests our oil for us at home. I’m sure of it :)

I always do 2 extractions and usually mix the 2 together. I dont detect a difference between the 2 extractions, so if there is dilution I think its minor. Sometimes ill change the oil - olive r1 and coconut r2 for example.

Best suggestion is to keep them separate at first and try them out in the AmyG test center.

One day there may be devices that are affordable. Hopefully they will also be accurate. You read about inconsistencies in the results from test labs though so it makes me wonder :headbanger:

I’ve avoided making edibles with the leftover mash partly because it’s lots more work and i’m limited, and because i dont eat cakes and cookies so much (and you cant make gummies with mash!) but also because the potential potency is so random. Even with our guesstimating being potentially way off, at least I know my doses are consistent and I seem to get about the same strength each time i make a batch :). Maybe that means the leftover mash will also be consistent :hmmmm: . In the future I’ll try to plan ahead to do a brownie run - maybe before someone I know goes to a big forest doof party or music festival or something! A friend shared some of my oil with a few folks a festival recently and said that one guy came back to him 4 hours later saying “man! I haven’t had to take or smoke anything else and I’m having the best day!” Always nice to hear of things like this happening with something you’ve made.

Hi Amy I rarely use it for candy type edibles, but it would work for brownies or any sort of cake. I use it it soup and stews, dishes with tomato sauces work well, and use it in salad dressings, sometimes Ill just eat some. One thing to note is I use hand crumbled bud. I dont grind it up.

fwiw I do the same with dried flower and sugar leaves. You can add it to all sorts of things. It allows a constant intake of cannabinoids and all the nutritional benefits the plant provides. The acids thca cbda for example are very good for you.

Treat it like any other herb, or vegetable, and you are good to go.

If it is difficult for you, there is no need to make oil really. Dried decarbed cannabis in gelcaps works great.

I’ve done a bit of that oldbear, using it in food in all sorts of ways and to be honest, I didn’t like the looseness or randomness of it. I need to be able to track my results/effects on the symptoms i’m trying to manage/ease/treat and it was all just becoming a bit of a wash. Also, during my study I learned that ingestion CBD is perhaps not so efficient and that buccal absorbtion os better. The recent adoption of 1:1 with dosing under the tongue/buccally with occasional investing of THC is working better than anything I’ve done, so i’m gonna stick to that for now.
:Namaste:

I always do 2 extractions and usually mix the 2 together. I dont detect a difference between the 2 extractions, so if there is dilution I think its minor. Sometimes ill change the oil - olive r1 and coconut r2 for example.

Best suggestion is to keep them separate at first and try them out in the AmyG test center.

One day there may be devices that are affordable. Hopefully they will also be accurate. You read about inconsistencies in the results from test labs though so it makes me wonder :headbanger:

Cajun and Tim once had the washes tested, and their results convinced Cajun that there was no real value in keeping them separate, and in his case it was three washes.

Unless you’re looking for that pristine oil you’ll get from the first wash I’d combine them.

Is oil absorbed through in the mouth as well as tinctures?
Yes :)

If it doesnt then i’m Mistaken in what I feel, and i don’t believe i am ;). Nor anyone else talking my oils. Folks have actually had too much quite easily so under the tongue works. I believe there was once a study that found their elderly test subjects were more likely swallowing the oil instead of leaving it sit or spreading it over the inside of the cheeks like you should, so it was merely inconclusive about the buccal/sublingual absorbtion and said most of it was probably happening through ingestion. This study gave some folk the impression that the buccal/sublingual was ineffectual but that isn’t a necessary logical thing to surmise at all. That study was just unable to say either way, that’s all.

This article below is a fairly accurate rendition of the information I learned in the recent course i did with GFM. Instructors included folks like Mara Gordon from Aunt Zelda’s and Dr Dustin Sulak, so the course content was sound. Consistently the info regarding CBD was pretty much what this link covers.

I have references for some of those claims in amongst my study notes, but much of the course material wasn’t saveable unfortunately. One day I’ll organise my notes.
(Hopefully that link will be ok as reference link - even tho it’s to a non-sponsor CBD source. The info is the best version I can find that’s a quick read ;) )

The story with THC is a little different becasue when it is metabolised by the liver, it converts to a stronger version so the loss in the bioavailable delta-9-THC (the initial form) is compensated for by the highter potency of 11-hydroxy-THC. With THC in gummies for example, one fo the reasons they’re so popular IMO is that you get a little of both pathways going on so that makes them super efficient.

I may add some CBD to my nighttime edible dose of THC now because I like the idea of the slow release as well.

Is oil absorbed through in the mouth as well as tinctures? I thought it was the alcohol that made it better for oral absorption. Though that may just be some misunderstanding of mine from years ago about tinctures.

Morning Shed I cant directly compare because I cant take the alcohol. But I can share that sublingual dosing - small amounts every couple of hours - works extremely well on me anyway.

I’ve done a bit of that oldbear, using it in food in all sorts of ways and to be honest, I didn’t like the looseness or randomness of it. I need to be able to track my results/effects on the symptoms i’m trying to manage/ease/treat and it was all just becoming a bit of a wash. Also, during my study I learned that ingestion CBD is perhaps not so efficient and that buccal absorbtion os better. The recent adoption of 1:1 with dosing under the tongue/buccally with occasional investing of THC is working better than anything I’ve done, so i’m gonna stick to that for now.

Im a fan of dont mess with what is working. Currently using a purchased product that is mct oil in a spritz bottle. Each spritz is 2.5 mg thc and 3.0 mg cbd. I take 1 or 2 spritzes first thing and then 1 every couple of hours. This combined with the cannabinoids coming from what I add to food keeps me in a very pleasant place.

Can you clarify this for me please - not sure what you mean: I didn’t like the looseness or randomness of it.

Can you clarify this for me please - not sure what you mean: I didn’t like the looseness or randomness of it.
Of course. :) I spent a few months adding the oil to meals or beverages. Even tho I tried to do this in a consistent way, I found the effects were inconsistent and this was perhaps because different foods metabolise differently etc. and that can effect the way the cannabinoids get metabolised. So with the CBD I wasn’t always getting tangible effects, and THC effects fluctuated.
And back when I was adding dry herb or leftover mash to meals I found that I easily ended up with too many cannabinoids in my system and would then lose sensitivity to their medicinal effects.
The way I’m doing it now I’m getting pretty consistent results and feel that the ratio stays consistent. :Namaste:

Is oil absorbed through in the mouth as well as tinctures? I thought it was the alcohol that made it better for oral absorption. Though that may just be some misunderstanding of mine from years ago about tinctures.

I cant say if alcohol based is better, but can say with certainty that sublingual administration works very well, and very quickly on me. Another thing I do is when Im just about at the point where I need to swallow, I swish the mixture all around my mouth trying to hit maximum skin surfaces.

This article below is a fairly accurate rendition of the information I learned in the recent course i did with GFM. Instructors included folks like Mara Gordon from Aunt Zelda’s and Dr Dustin Sulak, so the course content was sound. Consistently the info regarding CBD was pretty much what this link covers.
Perfect link, thanks Amy! I had read one on the NIH website that was written in medicalese so I didn't really follow it.

And now I wonder how my Candida EVOO tastes. I guess I'll soon find out...
Morning Shed I cant directly compare because I cant take the alcohol. But I can share that sublingual dosing - small amounts every couple of hours - works extremely well on me anyway.
Thanks Oldbear. I used to use alcohol based tinctures of something or other back in the 80s and remember nothing other than the burning o_O so I'm with you there!
I cant say if alcohol based is better, but can say with certainty that sublingual administration works very well, and very quickly on me. Another thing I do is when Im just about at the point where I need to swallow, I swish the mixture all around my mouth trying to hit maximum skin surfaces.
That's what I tried this morning with my internet-bought CBD. No idea if it made any difference though. I should probably be using a lot higher dose, which I can start with my own oil once I get the test results back.

I’m the same - I cant use the alcohol. And i do that too bear - i use my tongue to spread the oil to my cheeks as soon as it’sin my mouth ;)

5 gallons is the smallest container I'll put an auto into.
Big pots matter with autos.
Noted :thumb:

I am not trying to grow the biggest possible autos I can, just fill-in some gaps in the tent and turn out some variety. I’m starting with 3gals to see how i go. I have heard that there’s not much point putting an auto in anything bigger than 5gal. I’ll see how I go with the 3s and take it from there.

Yesterday I exchanged the box fan (it was great, but too noisy for the bedroom) and picked up some BioCanna nutrients, Bio-Vega and Bio-Flores (veg and bloom) and a small coco coir brick :eek: . It’s been great to have a few chats withe the local grow store. The guys there are very nice :D It costs me a little more than buying online but I’d rather deal with people and they’re happy to consult over the phone with me and the other travels there everyfortnight so can pick things up. The best part is getting grow supplies that are not wrapped and packed with ten million tons of plastic - a great relief!

My next test for the fan is a Heller wall fan that was suddenly on half price sale, so I grabbed one. I plan to hang a long piece of plywood from the tent frame to mount it on. We’ll see how that goes.
:idea:

Back
Top Bottom