Huckleberry - the sweetest of sweet

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
A couple more pix of my meds...this time from just south of the OR border....smell and taste are unbelievable - sweet berry/fruity. I love those fruity/floral strains :yummy:
Huckleberry4.JPG

Huckleberry3.JPG

Maybe make a huckleberry pie !! :yummy: I used to like to bring a few joints in my patch kit for century club rides !! :peace:

Maybe make a huckleberry pie !! :yummy: I used to like to bring a few joints in my patch kit for century club rides !! :peace:

I love finishing a century event and kicking back with a cold beer and a fat joint!! I used to be self conscious about the smoke, but between my 420 legal status and the countless times I've smelled others toking....I just kick back and enjoy :smokin:

You still ride? I'm heading up to Markleeville (again) in July for DR - meet ya @ Turtle Rock Park for a pre-ride 420-style get together :grinjoint:

@ yrs ago I got a new bike nice trek 5.9 pilot. Nice comfortable ride, used to ride an older schwinn paramont all campy...This year got old and lazy get out once in a while for a little 20-30 miler . Thats about all I do now my girlfriend can't walk and chew gum I tried to get her to ride but she couldn't keep it on the road !! Maybe get a tandem ? I need to get back gettin old and fat !! The 420 get together sounds about what I'm ready for maybe hand up a few joints at the feed station !! :peace:

I love finishing a century event and kicking back with a cold beer and a fat joint!! I used to be self conscious about the smoke, but between my 420 legal status and the countless times I've smelled others toking....I just kick back and enjoy :smokin:

You still ride? I'm heading up to Markleeville (again) in July for DR - meet ya @ Turtle Rock Park for a pre-ride 420-style get together :grinjoint:

420Cyclist, I used to spend a lot of time camping and fishing in the Markleeville area when I lived in the Bay Area. A friends mom used to live on Markleeville Creek, right in town.
Nice buds!
Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

420Cyclistl, I used to spend a lot of time camping and fishing in the Markleeville area when I lived in the Bay Area. A friends mom used to live on Markleeville Creek, right in town.
Nice buds!
Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

Cool...ya ever been up there in the beginning of July when the DR is going on? I LOVE the support Markleeville gives to all the riders....makes coming back through town fun. :peace:

Cool...ya ever been up there in the beginning of July when the DR is going on? I LOVE the support Markleeville gives to all the riders....makes coming back through town fun. :peace:

I'm sure I've been there in several Julys, but not being a cyclist I don't recall the DR. Couldn't think of a nicer place to ride though! The scenery in the Sierras is breathtaking, the roads are beautiful and the air is fresh. My areas of interest were the high ridge line, alpine lakes and streams. Used the forest service roads to get to these places. I always enjoyed the little towns up there like Markleeville, Walker. Sorenson's for a snack etc....I miss it dearly! I also miss the great smoke that was available. Though in those days we didn't have names for them.

I'm sure I've been there in several Julys, but not being a cyclist I don't recall the DR. Couldn't think of a nicer place to ride though! The scenery in the Sierras is breathtaking, the roads are beautiful and the air is fresh. My areas of interest were the high ridge line, alpine lakes and streams. Used the forest service roads to get to these places. I always enjoyed the little towns up there like Markleeville, Walker. Sorenson's for a snack etc....I miss it dearly! I also miss the great smoke that was available. Though in those days we didn't have names for them.

If you were there for DR, you'd know it. CHP closes Monitor and Ebbetts Passes and around 4000 cyclists give a shot at riding both sides of Monitor, both sides of Ebbetts and then head back through M-ville and up to the top of Carson, and then back to Turtle Rock Park. A **LONG** day to say the least.

FWIW - I'm with ya on the days gone by when good bud was simply "Skunk" or "Good Green Bud" instead of all the names.....although I do enjoy the variety of taste/buzz from the various hybrids.

420Cyclist and ol hippy, I'm finding more and more riders here: there's nothing quite like a good buzz after a long ride.
Keep em rolling.

420Cyclist and ol hippy, I'm finding more and more riders here: there's nothing quite like a good buzz after a long ride.
Keep em rolling.

What part of Chi-town are you from? I grew up in the northern suburbs....

Small world. ;)

420Cyclist, I grew up in the city and went to Lane Tech. Moved to Elgin back in 1991 and have been out here near the Fox River ever since.

Funny that I just happened to check out this thread again.

420Cyclist, I grew up in the city and went to Lane Tech. Moved to Elgin back in 1991 and have been out here near the Fox River ever since.

Funny that I just happened to check out this thread again.

ChicagoJoe, 420Cyclist, it's a small world isn't it. I'm just north of the line in Cheeseheadland (I'm not a Packer fan), my bro lives in Deerfield. 420Cyclist you and I have enjoyed ourselves at different times in the same place (Sierras/Markleevile area). And here we all meet with a common interest. Just rambling I guess.LOL

That is a small world.

My Dad used to live on the Deerfield-HP border...moved there after I was off at college. It's amazing how much has changed since I left - even for a developed city. Not that it was bad growing up there, but I like where I'm at now - much better weather and scenery...plus a "420 friendly" state :grinjoint:

That is a small world.

My Dad used to live on the Deerfield-HP border...moved there after I was off at college. It's amazing how much has changed since I left - even for a developed city. Not that it was bad growing up there, but I like where I'm at now - much better weather and scenery...plus a "420 friendly" state :grinjoint:

I would love to be back living in Cal., but it is just so expensive. Once your there and working is OK, but to move there from an area with a much lower standard of living, it's almost impossible to buy or even rent for that matter with the higher (much higher) cost of living there. I lived in Belmont (San Mateo Co.) from '81 until '91. What I payed for rent (apt.)there at that time is what I am paying for my house mortgage now!

Even though I lived in a very densely populated area there, I was only ten to fifteen minutes drive from Skyline Drive in the Redwoods and maybe 20 minutes to Highway 1 at Halfmoon Bay.

Where I am now it's like 4 and a half hours to get to the 'real' Northwoods. And it is definitely not like the Redwoods or the Sierras.
It is not like California as far as 'herb' goes that is for sure! Very conservative and old fashioned. Other than a few friends that have since moved away. I just can't ask someone that 'look's cool about 'herb'.

Back in the late 70's (until '81) when I lived in Chicago in the New Town area (It was just turning gay then, but full of young people and very free), we could walk down to the 'rocks' at Belmont or Diversey Harbor, smoking and no one cared. I used to 'bounce' and bartend at a place called 'Easy Does it" (used to be called 'Brian's Brew'). Would think nothing of it as we smoked on the sidewalk and watched the ladies go by. If the cops saw you, they would just look the other way or as happened a few times, just dump the bag out or even pocket it!

Hopefully one day the wife and I will live somewhere that a person can do what he wishes and not have to worry about it.

Yea...definitely expensive. I came out to Shasta Co (in the northern foothills of the Sac River Valley) in '91 with a job. Been here since and was lucky enough to get my first home in the dip of the 90's and then sell/re-buy at a peak in the "starter" market and a lul in the "big-box"/professional market. Even with the recent drop in value, I'm still appraised above my purchase price (based on comps - not a Realtors overly optimistic guess).

I've thought about leaving several times, but after 19 yrs, I'm not going anywhere soon (house, kids, job/retirement, friends, outdoor lifestyle, 420 friendly, etc).

:peace:

Well we Californicaters kinda like our buds and beers. 420Cyclist, man all this high sierra talk is getting to me I may have to head up to Sequoia next wk and get my head right! I think there talkin another 2 ft of snow by tues. !! Time to wax my snowboard up and visit the chiropractor roll up a few and charge up my i-pod. Nothing like an ol man flying down the hill with Nirvana blasting in his headphones!! Watch out !! He looks stoned!! :peace:

Well we Californicaters kinda like our buds and beers. 420Cyclist, man all this high sierra talk is getting to me I may have to head up to Sequoia next wk and get my head right! I think there talkin another 2 ft of snow by tues. !! Time to wax my snowboard up and visit the chiropractor roll up a few and charge up my i-pod. Nothing like an ol man flying down the hill with Nirvana blasting in his headphones!! Watch out !! He looks stoned!! :peace:

I can picture you now! If it was me with a snowboard, I wouldn't need a chiropractor, I'd need a hospital!

That's where I ended up 2 years ago, some young kid cut me off I flew over him trying not to run him over , I did a complete somersalt over the little shit landed on my arm and broke my wrist ! You should have seen me after that, broke right wrist but still had to pour concrete ! It sucks getting old , but better than the alternative ...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom